Hey Rubes. Spend my money competition

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Apples and oranges....but I'm sure it couldn't hurt.

I think Dave's program involves the person physically doing some of the marketing out in the real world hense the "free" part.

Mine is pay and play...you pay and I start doing the work.

Each have their benefits.

Dave has a good plan...but implementation is the key to success.

Correct me if I'm wrong Dave.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
As far as I can tell (http://www.city-data.com/city/Marshfiel ... setts.html ) Greg's area is too small and rural for my marketing system. (As I only offer it to businesses in metro areas of over 50K. )The bigger the better and the more opportunities there will be to execute it throughout your area.

I also think that his area is too small and not enough competition to worry about the internet very much. Except simply having a webpage (he is already at or near the top with only a hand full of competitors.)

He just needs 15 or more reviews to make his listing stand out and raise his position even more.(Cost Free!!)

He also should change his slogan. "Selected #1 cleaner in Massachusetts"

Has many problems. About like the ones that say "They are the best" (A vague and worthless statement for most prospects.)

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bundy said:
yes too small having a 2 million people within 26 miles

Great!!

Then if you are willing to drive 26 miles you may be able to implement my system and be very successful with it.

All I can do is a Google search. You know your area, your goals and your abilities better than me. That is why I have to do a pre-interview for parties interested in my system.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Greg, let me know what you want to do and I'll get started or I'll leave it alone.

You don't have to do a complete website with me because you've already got at least 2.

You can sign up on the Network for the $40.00 per month and I'll get you the 3 zip codes on the carpet cleaning matrix, 1 web page and a video....All opimized to show up in whatever city you want.

Not trying to shill my Network (ok, maybe a little) but you've got this thing going so I'm puttin up this as an idea.

Let me know.
Here's the link
Network Home Services Sign Up

Here's a vid explaining how it works

o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W4tYdlJa0Qo]

Let me know if I sound like Lisa Wagner. lol

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
[quote="Dave Yoakum
Think of it as if you are a General going into war.[/quote]

That’s a great analogy Dave. I remember from history class how brilliant guerilla warfare generals like Washington and Castro were able to defeate superior armies.

Successful guerilla warfare campaigns always have these 3 things in common:
1. Keep a small army on the ground at all times.
2. A strong propaganda message.
3. Continue to claim small victories.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
ACE said:
[quote="Dave Yoakum
Think of it as if you are a General going into war.

That’s a great analogy Dave. I remember from history class how brilliant guerilla warfare generals like Washington and Castro were able to defeate superior armies.

Successful guerilla warfare campaigns always have these 3 things in common:
1. Keep a small army on the ground at all times.
2. A strong propaganda message.
3. Continue to claim small victories.[/quote]

Thanks Mike!!

What's so great about marketing right now. Is that the little guy can really level the playing field if they employ the right tactics.(Like Washington)

Franchises are so entrenched that they seem to be slow to innovate and instead get stuck in the daily bean counting.

Marketing is not first about the media you use or how much money you throw at it.

First plan your stratagy based on your goals, your desired client, your local area, your USP, your abilities and all the other criteria you need.

Then go to war with your selected tactics.

So, Greg.

If you want us to help pick some marketing for you.

Fill in some blanks. So, then you can get a more informed answer.

What are your goals, your desired clients, information about your local area, your USP, your abilities and other criteria needed to point you in the right direction?

-Or you could just attack this post (as usual) and stay stuck.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I want to implement more than just buying an unproven system. I wanted to use proven media to see what did best and it seems Robison and others just wanted to sell. That is why I stopped posting in here. I wanted people to join 2 teams and spend my money to see what the best results were via the media I said. Plan didn't come out maybe I will try this in the clean room with more criteria. I thought this room was supposed to be more ingenious

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bundy said:
I want to implement more than just buying an unproven system. I wanted to use proven media to see what did best and it seems Robison and others just wanted to sell. That is why I stopped posting in here. I wanted people to join 2 teams and spend my money to see what the best results were via the media I said. Plan didn't come out maybe I will try this in the clean room with more criteria. I thought this room was supposed to be more ingenious

That's crap....you wanted a test....we gave you the venues.

BackPeddlingViolinist.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
not crap. Like I said I didn't lay the criteira out well enough.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Dave Yoakum said:
So, Greg.

If you want us to help pick some marketing for you.

Fill in some blanks. So, then you can get a more informed answer.

What are your goals, your desired clients, information about your local area, your USP, your abilities and other criteria needed to point you in the right direction?

-Or you could just attack (as usual) and stay stuck.[/quote]

Ding, Ding Ding!!!!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I wasn't looking for help Yo cum. I was looking to do an experiment. I know how to build businesses. I wanted to look at internet vs mailings, newspapers etc and I figured since you guys act like geniuses that you would be able to do it. I could careless whether you do it or not. Instead people dick around with BS.

I will do my own experiment and write the hypothesis before I do it to see how close I am

Who is stuck? yeah going from 1-3 trucks in less than 14 months is stuck

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I thought the idea was that we would tell you where to put the money...$1000 in internet and $1000 print.

No big deal

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
More BS Greg!!!

You asked for help. I gave you tons of advise.

Marketing is much more than just media. (Like I tried to explain several times)

I can save you a lot of time and money.

-Internet wins Dollar per dollar for bringing in new clients.

-Mailings are great for staying in contact with current clients.

-Newspaper has a lot of regional factors and also very dependent on copy and graphics.

But, I think you should first pick who your desired client should be and then select the media that should be used to target them.

With marketing it's not about choosing one kind media.

It's better to use a varied, targeted approach.

Then they start working in conjunction with each other.

As a suggestion, Why don't you buy a few marketing 101 books first and good reading lamp.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
here is what I wrote
Internet? Print? Social? in your face bidding? type of ads? you decide and let me know.
we have 1 week to come up ith 2 programs

You guys didn't want to fine. It doesn't matter to me it was a challenge and I can see why you wouldn't want to unless you were into this sort of challenge but you have it all figured out. Not a big deal

Wasn't looking for a marketing program dave was trying to see what media did best and see what your thoughts were but you have your spiel preprogrammed

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
brian you are right and no one did. I am going to ask FCC if he can spend some of aprils budget when I get back from Mikeyfest on the internet, I am not sure if he does the internet marketing I know he knows everything about it and I will dump a grand on val-pak and 2 local newspapers and see what we garnish with 2 seperate phone numbers

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Greg,

I guess you'll never get it.

Asking a blank statement of, " I should use Internet? Print? Social? in your face bidding? type of ads? you decide."

Is about like asking a stranger, " How should I power my boat/"

If he doesn't know if you have a canoe, rowboat, swamp boat or luxury liner.

Each requires a different means of propulsion.

Well, I guess you prefer to use a shot in the dark as a way to choose marketing for your company.

I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I get it Dave. You came up with no plan. You don't get it.

It was about means testing, it had nothing to do with my company. I can not believe that you are a bigger dufus than Pfred thinks you are. It is truly amazing that a supposed creative marketing guy can not put think.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Greg,

Any marketing has ALL to do with YOUR company, your demographics, your, goals, your target market etc...

So far all we know is your budget.

Marketing doesn't work in a vacuum. What works for one company may not work for an other.

I did give you some generic marketing you could do since you refused to even let us know simple stuff like your target market.

Here it is again:

"This is a list of some generic things that you and most other business can do to improve their bottom line..

(Most of them cost little or no money)

1. Get more online client reviews.

2. Develop a unique selling position for your company.

3. Contact your clients on a regular basis.

4. Develop and implement a client referral system.

5. Form relationships with centers of influences in your community.

6. Sell by the group instead of one at a time.

7. Teach your techs proper selling techniques in your morning meetings.

Which of these or what other things (Dust off your "marketing things to do when I get around to it" file)do you want to work on for your company?

Your next thing to do is to make an complete action plan with firm dates and all the steps needed to complete them.

Then choose the best tools to execute them."

Anyone that reads this entire thread will see who the real dufus is.

It's the guy that asks for help. Received solid advice. But,is too blind to comprehend it and would rather just pick fights than grow.

Stay stuck Greg!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I will stay stuck Dave. I accidently stuck my way into a huge week sitting at home most of the time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom