Hey Rubes. Spend my money competition

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Idiots like Robison and Yo-cum keep saying how great they are. I figure I can put them to the test and you also.

Lets lead my company in 2 directions. Decide the 2 ways of marketing and I will commit $1,000 to each and see which one does better. Internet? Print? Social? in your face bidding? type of ads? you decide and let me know.
we have 1 week to come up ith 2 programs

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
For the record...I've never said how great I am. It's the voices Greg....don't let them fool you.

$1000.00 huh? I'll think of something.

If it's a straight shot...print might be the way to go. :shock:

Let me dwell on it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bundy said:
Idiots like Robison and Yo-cum keep saying how great they are. I figure I can put them to the test and you also.

Lets lead my company in 2 directions. Decide the 2 ways of marketing and I will commit $1,000 to each and see which one does better. Internet? Print? Social? in your face bidding? type of ads? you decide and let me know.
we have 1 week to come up ith 2 programs

Internet, Print, Social, in your face bidding type of ads etc.. are just tools. The important thing to go is to first form a strategy. Then use the tools that are the best to implement your chosen strategy.

Think of it as if you are a General going into war.

The best executed strategy wins. Not necessarily who has the most money, best uniforms or shiniest buttons.

Remember when the British were coming. During the revolutionary war the British had the most money, they had more firepower, they had vast experience conquering other countries for hundreds of years. They even had some very dandy looking uniforms.

Look at the ones that defeated them. A determined, rag tag bunch without any money that were outmatched in firepower and almost every other way. Yet they won!!! Hooray!!

The Americans won because of they executed a winning strategy. Not because of the tools they used to fulfill the strategy.

First strategize your marketing goals.

Don't just think of it as throwing money against a wall. Or should I go print or Radio etc...

Here is a list of some generic things that you and most other business can do to improve their bottom line..

(Most of them cost little or no money)

1. Get more online client reviews.

2. Develop a unique selling position for your company.

3. Contact your clients on a regular basis.

4. Develop and implement a client referral system.

5. Form relationships with centers of influences in your community.

6. Sell by the group instead of one at a time.

7. Teach your techs proper selling techniques in your morning meetings.

Which of these or what other things (Dust off your "marketing things to do when I get around to it" file)do you want to work on for your company?

Your next thing to do is to make an complete action plan with firm dates and all the steps needed to complete them.

Then choose the best tools to execute them.

So, quit looking at the bullets (the tools)and first figure out who you will be firing them at, for how long, the type of weapon, range of attack, will it be a multiple attack and so forth.....

Or, no matter how much money you throw at it, you will lose the war.

.....Waiting for the Yoakum ruins another post thread to follow....

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Whomeam said:
Dammit Yoakum, just do what he asked. It's not hard.

If you would of taken my post to heart . You would some day see how it not only saved you many thousands of dollars. It would. also, have shown you how to make many thousands of future dollars.

It is merely a road map and food for thought.

Each step listed could fill many volumes at the book store.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
thius is the one time I want morons to spend my money and if it is inernet lets put it to the test

F

FB7777

yea Greg listen to Professor Brokum

after all those who can't... teach

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Look at the ones that defeated them. A determined, rag tag bunch without any money that were outmatched in firepower and almost every other way. Yet they won!!! Hooray!!
dumb as a door nail. we won on strategy not determination. Do you know anything about american history? Our leaders knew the ways of the ambush and knew the fighting styles of the brits. We weren't determined we were smart

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bundy said:
dumb as a door nail. we won on strategy not determination. Do you know anything about american history? Our leaders knew the ways of the ambush and knew the fighting styles of the brits. We weren't determined we were smart

Apparently you didn't read the next line or grasp the context of the post.

"Remember when the British were coming. During the revolutionary war the British had the most money, they had more firepower, they had vast experience conquering other countries for hundreds of years. They even had some very dandy looking uniforms.

The Americans won because of they executed a winning strategy."

The post wasn't to give an detailed history lesson of the revolutionary war.

The point of the post was that a business needs to first pick a stratagy and then choose the best tools (Print, web, social media what ever...) to execute the stratagy to reach a goal.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
so dummy you gonna spend my money or waste another thread on self promotion

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bundy said:
had nothing to do with determinination

That's right no determination. They just thought they would give the revolution a try until the going got tough.

Whatever??

My point is: What strategies (from my list or where ever)do you want to implement for your business?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bundy said:
so dummy you gonna spend my money or waste another thread on self promotion

What self promotion?

You been sniffing stripper again.

I listed 7 things you could do. Most cost little or no money.

If you want to spend money I would suggest mailing to your current clients monthly for a start.

Most of the rest are free.

You area is too small and not enough competition for you to spend very much on SEO.

F

FB7777

The point of the post was that a business needs to first pick a stratagy and then choose the best tools (Print, web, social media what ever...) to execute the stratagy to reach a goal

whats your strategic goal Dave?

I noticed on your website , you have a monthly special that expired a year ago ( so much for website updating :roll: )

The special is save 15 % on a Living Room, Dining Room and 2 Bedrooms You list the Savings at $20

Doing the simple math, that means you normally charge $133 to do this amount of work ( .15 X 133 = $20 savings )

On an average size room of 12 X 12 thats roughly 20 cents a sq ft

and thats BEFORE the 15% off :shock:

you might want to make your goal this year to raise your prices to 1970s levels

Whomeam

Yoakle, he's not trying to... I'm not even going to try anymore. Each message board has one, and I guess he's this ones.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
see fred I rewalize mrew and ore I am wasting my time here. I offerered 2 thousand dollars of my money and if they think they can make me more I happy. None of themm has stepped up

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
pfred said:
The point of the post was that a business needs to first pick a stratagy and then choose the best tools (Print, web, social media what ever...) to execute the stratagy to reach a goal

My internet goal was to have the top ranked site with the most positive client reviews.

That has been achieved on both counts.

Greg,

I Gave you some specific things you could do to grow your business.

You are too biased to figure it out.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
What self promotion?

You been sniffing stripper again

I love sniffing strippers

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Dave I don't want to offend you but it isn't about growing my business it is about testing marketing ideas and I was putting my money up to do it. If you don't want to be involved that is fine hopefully others will

Whomeam

Dave Yoakum said:
pfred said:

My internet goal was to have the top ranked site with the most positive client reviews.

That has been achieved on both counts.

Greg,

I Gave you some specific things you could do to grow your business.

You are too biased to figure it out.
Dude, it's not about growing his business. He's having a little fun, that's it. He's having a competition of sorts. How do you not understand this? Come on now, son.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bundy said:
Dave I don't want to offend you but it isn't about growing my business it is about testing marketing ideas and I was putting my money up to do it. If you don't want to be involved that is fine hopefully others will

Why does everything have to be a pissing match with you?

I gave you ideas to start with.

Now throw your money at them.

I think your first step as a start would be to market to your existing customer base (as

I said earlier.)

Then go down the list.

Marketing is all about growing a businees.

Name
Bruce
Internet Marketing has to be one of the options , google ads ,face book , yelp, angies list.

2. Blind Marketing to non customers , post cards , news paper print , bla bla bla.

If you do any type of marketing to your client base, that marketing will win hands down.

$1000 is not going to get you far in the print ads. Not sure how far that will get you on the internet.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
thanks Bruce
A thousand won't go far but lets what goes further and gets better results

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok Bundy, here's your first step...1 year with Network Home Services.
$480.00 ($40.00 per month) will get you a web page, a video and 3 zip codes.
The page and video will be optimized for 1 city and 1 city only so choose wisely (I will help).
The 3 zip codes are for the zip code matrix

Here's the link to sign up
http://www.networkhomeservices.com/ServicePay.html

If you want to pay for the whole year, I can do a credit card and exp date via email here
Brian@networkhomeservices.com

If you want me to build a website for you...I can do 5 pages for $500.00 1 time cost (You will have to pay about $11.00 monthly hosting etc)
Home
Services
About Us
Reviews
Specials.

That's about a thousand dollars

There......step up bud.
!gotcha!

PS. If you sign up, I'll have your page, vid and zips up today.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
so that is the internet direction we need one other direction

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, so the other direction can be what you suggested.

Going after your present customers for referrals and extra services. A mailer.

If that's not a candidate then I would suggest using a door hanger company that prints and delivers...we'll have to find a reputable one.

You can get away with about 10,000 door hangers printed and hung (not Tommy Lee :mrgreen: ) for about $300 or $400 so maybe we could do 20 or 30 thousand?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom