here is $10,000, spend it on marketing in 2013 What would you do?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
He had a couple good ideas but after google cracked down on reviews and turned his 30-40 customer reviews to 1, it was obvious he was cheating. Always liked dave though and think his "program" of going to employers and offering a discount to employees is pretty solid. He was actually on to a couple good ideas, explained them poorly.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree he had some decent stuff. He also was giving away his monthly postcards with no strings attached. While not flashly or polished they could still have been a useful tool saving someone from the time designing a piece.

I can't believe he took the beating from Fred all these years and then drops off because he fudged on some Google reviews.

Reactions: FB7777

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Depending on the business structure this could depend greatly. Because I still go on most jobs and I have to be very carefull about time and scheduling. I dont know that massive blanket marketing would work well for our model. Im thinking for that cost you could maintain a well ran website, have a small phonebook ad, and do alot of targeted direct response. I might also spend a portion on promotional items for customer retention like magnets and brochures. I really direct response marketing because you get the customers you want that you have picked not just the customers that come along

FredC

Village Idiot
Here I showed where many of Dave's reviews were fake: (won't make much sense now that the reviews and accounts are gone)
http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showth...t-Trust-Online-Reviews&highlight=dave+reviews

In the seo group there is a thread where he admits to leaving fake real reviews.......adding reviews from other sites or handwritten notes using fake accounts or services like fivver. He says 3 or 4...I counted many more
http://mikeysboard.com/forum/group.php?discussionid=10&do=discuss

So since the penguin and the switch to the new review system targeted fake reviews and the offenders Dave went from 30+ to ONE.

Now he has nothing to talk about because 90% of his post were about his USP...his reviews.

or he died..............not sure

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom