Help me design Van Wrap

Name
Lyon
6ajyzuje.jpg

I think I'll put number and website on front doors, a facebook, yelp icon and Mikey's mug in between the bumper and wheel well. And list my services on white lines and The logo over the back doors

I have to
una5ene7.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
6ajyzuje.jpg

I think I'll put number and website on front doors, a facebook, yelp icon and Mikey's mug in between the bumper and wheel well. And list my services on white lines and The logo over the back doors

I have to
una5ene7.jpg

Try it if you can on your computer program. Best thing to do.

You are going to get a lot of opinions on a forum.

You can PM or contact me if you would like some imput

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
6ajyzuje.jpg

I have to
una5ene7.jpg

These comments are a joke. Right? More is not better. Too much and it all gets lost. No USP? That should be the most important thing after your company name.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Looks like a good start, maybe shrink the guy down a little bit.

You can always add a slogan later, dont just jam it in now if you are not ready.
Just make it easy to read and identify.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
As important as your name is, I think what you do is more important I'd move "Moser Brother's" to the front of the truck. In its place I'd put "Carpet Cleaning" big and bold.

You can sneak in the website small up front under the name or by the door. The phone number large in the open space beneath "Carpet Cleaning" .

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Moser's brothers means nothing to the consumer why are you making it the focus?

I know it is your name no offence, but you are not a brand yet at just one truck.

Put the round logo on the door and use the words carpet cleaning huge on the side of your van. If you must use Mario.
Place your phone number under it.

The Mario brothers' caricature is not my favorite. I don't see how women are going to be drawn to it. I do think it is cool. It might be a secondary logo you use on note pads or giveaways.

Come up with something more appealing to the female gender not 25 year olds who live and play video games in their parents basement.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I agree with what Richard said. We all get real proud of the names of our companies. But in most cases the name doesnt say what we do. Big phone # and big services. So they can easily see what you do and how to reach you. What the name of the company is, is secondary.

And disregard what Royalman Says. The only wrap he has ever liked is the one on his van.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
You can see why he gets thousands for the designs. I noticed a few main things. He keeps it simple and your graphic needs to be reversed because it seems to be looking away from your layout instead of towards it.The layout and custom fonts also carry through the retro look. Might be best just to hire him.(BTW: You might of ripped off Moreland heating and air. )

Last edited:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I agree with what Richard said. We all get real proud of the names of our companies. But in most cases the name doesnt say what we do. Big phone # and big services.

I second that - Your first image with just the character and Co. name actually strikes me as a plumbing company.

I need to see CARPET - then I think "gee, I need my carpets cleaned!" - THEN I look for the co. name and number to see who to call.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The guy could have a small roll of carpet. Learn from the graphics you posted. How many of the characters ( along with the thumbs up) had a wrench drapes or screw driver. They also mostly had no legs or very abbreviated legs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moser Brothers
Name
Lyon
Maybe carpet cleaning spelled backwards on the hood. I'll see if my designer can add a wand or roll of carpet to Mosers left hand. I was thinking I can have happy clients give thumbs up pictures and put them on the website

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you do the backwards thing, I'd put "Carpet Cleaning by Moser Brothers" otherwise they just see "Carpet Cleaning".

Personally we never put it backwards. On the few trucks we've put writing on the nose, its been normal facing. This way at a stop light people looking across can see what it says. ???

83f678ae-ed90-4899-b7c1-e9547f77965a_zpse091e625.jpg

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I was hoping that Kids would point out the Moser Brother thinking it was a cartoon or game to their Mother who would call. I was going for the retro look like this advertising company that charges several thousand for the logo and a few more to design the wrap

http://graphicd-signs.com/portfolio/vehicles/

Redhotcarpetcleaning.com

I would rethink that part, makes no sense.

Tom said it best once, we want a logo/brand that easily transfers from van, website, print and uniforms.
Everyone above gave pretty good advice.

Shrink down the logo/name and create some bullets to tell people what you do and how to contact you.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like his Moser tech.

I think it looks good if he adds "Carpet Cleaning" or "Clean Carpet" and the guarantee. Then the Moser is giving the thumbs up as in "yea baby". :winky:

I like the Moser, for the website just have more of him made. Have him rolling or carrying a rug, a wand in his hand cleaning carpet, a upholstery tool for cleaning upholstery. :icon_cool:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yes, i think he has a good starting point too.

Just dont get defensive, keep working it.

BradD

Supportive Member
Name
Brad Duncan
Make another layer of the caricature and overlay it with white increase the size of the layer then put that layer behind the caricature layer. This will make it stand out more and give it depth.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sh*t, he was taking incoming shots there for a while! :lol:

Hard not to get a little bent out of shape when you have ownership in it. But yes you're right keep working on it, she will all come together.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Make another layer of the caricature and overlay it with white increase the size of the layer then put that layer behind the caricature layer. This will make it stand out more and give it depth.
I like your work Brad. What do you think of his Moser tech design? Ok? Too much? Start over?

BradD

Supportive Member
Name
Brad Duncan
I like your work Brad. What do you think of his Moser tech design? Ok? Too much? Start over?

Initially I would move the caricature to the left so that most of his arm was on the door. I would also move him up some. This will give you more room for lettering and text. I might also change the direction of the white stripe on the right side and possibly the size.

View attachment 4475

Maybe Mr. Moser could send me the psd file and I can play around with it during my lunch.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Like I said before your character needs to be a mirror image of the one you have. it is looking away from the lettering instead of reinforcing the message he is looking into space.Have it look towards your lettering.

Name
Lyon
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-M3;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs34 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \
}
6apu3u5e.jpg

My wrap designer still needs to add carpet cleaning