Good god this lady..

Able 1

Name
Keith
About a year ago I cleaned just a set of stairs for real cheap for this custy, and it was nothing but a nightmare. The last time I cleaned for her she(well she always says it's her husband) took soapy water after I was done cleaning and rubbed the stairs down, and said they were still dirty.. So I went back and cleaned them again, whatever!! I put her on the "never work for again list(which she is one of two)", but I had a cancellation of a big job and I put her in there.. :(

Here is how it started:
I need to schedule carpets to be cleaned at one of my rental properties:**** N. Palmer Milwaukee 53212 for Friday or Saturday. I also need to schedule area rugs and 2 sets of stairs to be cleaned at my residence: **** Fiebrantz Dr. Brookfield 53005 whenever you can clean them. I have tenants moving into the Palmer place either Friday or Monday. I have painters painting until Friday. So if you can please let me know what your schedule is like, I would be most grateful. Thank you so much! I look forward to doing business with you. Please get back to me promptly so I can plan ahead. Thank you so much!
Best Regards,

Kinda normal enough..

I told her we could clean for her at this time that recently opened up. So we cleaned 8 rugs, and two set of stairs, had to clean(clothes/toys) one of the rooms just to get to the rug.

The next day I get this email:
Hello,

When I got home and inspected the carpets, the stairs were cleaned. However, I can still see and smell dirt on the area rugs throughout the house. It looks like they only did the stairs. I need them to take the rugs off the bill or come back and actually clean these area rugs. I would appreciate a phone call and scheduling when I can be here. I am disappointed in the cleaning job. The stairs look great, but the rugs are still dirty and nothing was moved in the rooms that were supposedly having the rugs cleaned. Please call me at ***** Erin or ***** Jonathan. I cannot recommend you to anyone if you do not complete your jobs properly. I am not paying for 2 sets of stairs and 8 rugs when 8 rugs were not cleaned. the area rug in my bedroom (the bed stairs were moved), so they may have cleaned that room. However, they didn't clean any of the other rugs. Nothing has been moved and they still smell dirty and look dirty.

I am disappointed, please give my husband or I a call immediately. We need to schedule so they can finish the job, or take off the 8 rugs and I will pay for the stairs. This is so disappointing. My husband is very detailed and expects things to be done right, as do I. Thank you for your business and I hope we can solve this matter quickly and efficiently.

Best Regards,

First off, what does dirt smell like? Secondly "they" should be "you" she doesn't know I was there, and I know she is fos(it all cleaned up great)! She scheduled a rental property for this Saturday which isn't happening.. I guess this kind of comes off like I don't stand behind my product, but trust me she is crazy!!! I had to vent before replying to her email..

Able 1

Name
Keith
I am usually right on the same thought line.. "You need to get your money!" I did it that first time.. Fool me once(yeah shame on me)!! Right now I just want a good way to tell her to keep her money and pack sand!!

Reactions: Russ T.

Able 1

Name
Keith
You're mad. You have a right to be. So, be mad for an hour or two , and then get over it.

Go back and re clean while she's there, not if she's going to leave.

Then don't work for her again.

And this time really mean it.

Yeah, I'm not cleaning her rental just to go back.. In 9 years of being in this business this lady, even though I cleaned for her only twice has caused me the most stress.. 1-2 hours of being mad, shit I was thinking about it all day!! She seems to have a big mouth though not sure anyone is listening. I would rather refund her money and never have to deal with her again..

Able 1

Name
Keith
So, I need the best, professional go pack sand response.. Weren't you an English major,Marty?

Reactions: Russ T.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It is hard not to take the crazies to heart, even when you know they are crazy. It's just upsetting.
And I agree with Marty's advice.

Able 1

Name
Keith
All right, open table lets here the best professional pack sand responses.. Lets hear yours Ofer..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
No Packing sand or sand packing.
Just go and do it. With a smile (teeth gnashing not allowed.) It is not about her, it's about you, your business and your reputation.
And never work for her again.

Or better yet.....................refer to your competitor.

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Not happening! I will never step foot in that house again!

Not what I was looking for Ofer, I think Marty might be better in this instance.. Though I was throwing the line to you about getting something for nothing mentality ..

How about, I just can't do it! I know what she does(THIS is what she does).. Giving her money back won't hurt my business, I just hate her face, is all!

I usually handle these type of things way differently... Imagine a unicorns farting rainbows!! Not happening this time! Only so much you can bend over till you brake..

Able 1

Name
Keith
You had her on your own "do not service list"
I know, just thought I could pull the razzle dazzle.. Difficult custy's are a challenge to me! I love it when it isn't easy, but when it's not possible I lose interest..

Able 1

Name
Keith
Hello,

Sorry you were disappointed with the cleaning results! I am the owner, and I was on this job, all the rugs were cleaned.. We cleaned the one in the MBR, after we removed all the clothes/toys we cleaned the one in your daughters room, we cleaned the runners in the hall(low grade poly) and that's the best they will get..

On the first floor we cleaned the rug in the front room(moved the coffee table) and the rugs in the LR(3)...

There will be no charge for this job.

I am NOT available to clean your property on Saturday, and I think you should look for another company

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i was hoping you didn't send that before seeing your last post saying you just sent it.

for us it wouldn't have been about the money, more of a keeping the peace and keeping it from getting to the point of negative reviews on the internet.

now she has multiple points in which to tarnish your company name. you didn't clean the carpets you charged her to clean and now you are going to bail on a scheduled job. i don't know how important reviews are up there but the negative one she could leave you on multiple sites will hurt you for a long time and regretting it sucks!

Reactions: Able 1

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
First sorry this happened to you.

Question. If you new she was a PITA

Why did you not do before and after pictures?
Some quick video from your phone?

We had a customer try to hire us about a year ago. in the process she told me the company I believe to be the top service provider (size and service) in our area had fired her. I knew we did not want her if they fired her.
She insisted I come out and do a bid. Big house in 7000 -10,000 sf home neighborhood.
I went I did every thing I could to run the bill up so she would not want us. it worked. $3500
This lady was the house manager. Redneck minion working for tighwad multimillionaires. Everyone in the midwest has their company in town.

I went back to the office and put her on the do not contact or market list immediately.

2 weeks later she walks in the front door with a rug to have cleaned.
The office staff took extra pictures of the rug and documented the damage.

Sure enough she tried to say the rug was not cleaned well and we had damaged it.

Staff pulled out photos. She paid and has not been back.

Photo and video documentation is so easy today.

Again Sorry this happened. I hate it even when bad customers are upset.

We want everyone to be happy but reality is some can or will not be pleased no matter how good we are.

Some people just don't like you by looking at you and for myself and a few of my non vegan friends that is more often than we want some days. We can't all have Mikey's charm. LOL

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
To late but I would just say

Sorry you were disappointed with the cleaning results! I am the owner, and I was on this job, all the rugs were cleaned..

There will be no charge for this job.

I am NOT available to clean your property on Saturday, and I think you should look for another company
The other are digs and not needed. I hate when I go against my instincts and it cost me.

Mike Draper

IMO, it would not be about trying to get the money, it would be about trying to get out of going back. I would swallow my pride and tell her how sorry you are and that there will be no charge for this job. do whatever it takes to not have a negative review left. then move on. The small amount of money that job was is minuscule in comparison to how much $ you will lose to a nasty review.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
horse.gif

That's the deal! :winky:

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Im just curious why we have all lost our balls.

I started my own business for a reason. So I wouldnt get run over by other people.

I have not a single bad review on Yelp!. Angies List, or Google. Actually I dont even have Google anymore. (Thanks Google). And their are certain people who should be told to pound sand in the most uncertain terms available. They are the way they are because service providers enable them by doing their very best the 1st time and then dealing with their bullsnot, when they call "dissapointed". 1 bad review isnt going to hurt business, in many cases a bad review will just shine a light on all the good reviews.

allthough the response could be construed as salty, it was all true and just proof that he went above and beyond. Pound sand customer and begone with you.

Reactions: Able 1

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
**** her. (Figuratively.) It's y0ur fault for working for her again when you knew it would go bad. She now has clean carpets and doesn't have to pay for the service. She and her husband are laughing at you. That's just the way it goes. If she does leave a bad review, simply tell the story under her review and leave a warning for anyone who might have to do work for her. She's a terrible person and deserves to be ostracized in the local community.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Yeah, I'm not cleaning her rental just to go back.. In 9 years of being in this business this lady, even though I cleaned for her only twice has caused me the most stress.. 1-2 hours of being mad, shit I was thinking about it all day!! She seems to have a big mouth though not sure anyone is listening. I would rather refund her money and never have to deal with her again..
That's what I would do. Heres your response............ No Charge and **** Off. J/k......maybe not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom