Giving this a try....

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Banging your head against the wall, you can give carpet cleaning away for free and most people still wont take it.
In colder climates...

Reactions: sbisaillon

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Two more jobs from this since my last post.

This last one I booked didn't even qualify because both her sofa's were dry cleaned the last time we did them. She still booked and added on other things we didn't clean last time. I didn't give her the sofa/couch special, but did tell her I'd extend the 10% for all the work we will be doing. She was tripping over herself to thank me for giving her the 10% off. Go figure.... We've booked close to $2000 of work in the next two weeks from this offer. KA-CHING.

Now I'm concocting Burdick's Bargain Buys my next "offer". Thinking of trying to push our granite polishing and hardwood cleaning since they don't require us to fire up the truck mount and have the doors open in this frigid weather (even tho we did just order the Seal-A-Door).

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Two more jobs from this since my last post.

This last one I booked didn't even qualify because both her sofa's were dry cleaned the last time we did them. She still booked and added on other things we didn't clean last time. I didn't give her the sofa/couch special, but did tell her I'd extend the 10% for all the work we will be doing. She was tripping over herself to thank me for giving her the 10% off. Go figure.... We've booked close to $2000 of work in the next two weeks from this offer. KA-CHING.

Now I'm concocting Burdick's Bargain Buys my next "offer". Thinking of trying to push our granite polishing and hardwood cleaning since they don't require us to fire up the truck mount and have the doors open in this frigid weather (even tho we did just order the Seal-A-Door).

Sounds like an idea you may hear about at the next SFS properly attributed to the Amazing Meg.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Sounds like an idea you may hear about at the next SFS properly attributed to the Amazing Meg.
To be honest Bill, the idea came from the guys from MN that I met at the Experience last April. They will be attending SFS later this month in Tampa (I WILL take credit for them being at SFS though).

You can bring it up in your session on Tuesday and give the proper kudos to Greg and Shane from Surface Surgeons. I just went public with their idea.

Reactions: billyeadon

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
To be honest Bill, the idea came from the guys from MN that I met at the Experience last April. They will be attending SFS later this month in Tampa (I WILL take credit for them being at SFS though).

You can bring it up in your session on Tuesday and give the proper kudos to Greg and Shane from Surface Surgeons. I just went public with their idea.

Well I will give all of you credit. And I guess Mark Saiger isn't the only smart Minnesotan that comes to Florida in January.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Today was the first job off the promo (we sent it out on Monday, and he booked for today). I'll let the invoice speak for itself.....Now I need to revise the total I figured we'd realize in sales based off what we scheduled so far. This invoice alone is half of what I estimated based on what we booked, and it's only the first one we've done.

upload_2015-1-9_10-58-55.png

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Well I will give all of you credit...
Well, there is a first time for everything.

Steve

PS Nice winter marketing, Meg. (And thanks for your SFS cheerleading.) Another neat idea for winter is giving out 50.00 "no strings attached" Gift Cards to your business accounts to "gift" to their employees or even their best customers. (Of course, your minimum likely is 100.00 to 150.00 so you are still going to get SOMETHING out of the deal. And just as you are finding out the job almost always amounts to a lot more.)

Better than staring at the phone willing it to ring while the snow falls! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: FB7777
F

FB7777

Impressive total Meg, would you mind telling which software program you are using?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Here is the invoice from this morning's Burdick's Bargain Buy promo..... Gotta say I NEVER thought it would result in such great job totals. I expected a few add ons and upselling here and there, but not (so far two) invoices over $1k and one of them close to $2k.

upload_2015-1-14_10-46-15.png

Reactions: Mark Saiger

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I posted this promo (above) in response to someone who was asking about how to get business (new accounts actually) a few days ago. In that thread I said I was thinking about running a new one.

Things are a bit slow for the next 3 weeks - which is typical this time of year. The school districts are starting around her either Aug. 31 or Sept. 7. So many people are finishing up vacations and in the throws of getting ready for back to school.

I used SM to send out emails to our client base. Email went out on Friday about noon. We price by the room, with our first two rooms being $180, then $80 for each additional. Promo was for 50% off the first two rooms, so $90 for the first two rooms, then regular rates for the rest of the work. Work has to be completed by 9/11 to qualify for the deal (things will have picked back up by then).

Booked 9 jobs so far. All who booked will be doing more than just the 2 room promo. 3 jobs are ones that don't qualify for the promo (one commercial job, 2 just upholstery jobs) but the email reminded the customers that they needed to get on our schedule. I'll update with future bookings and the revenue as we complete the jobs.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
It's carpet only, first two rooms only.

So, normally $180 for the first two rooms, then $80 per room. Stairs, halls, landing, walk in closets etc. all priced per area/piece. No promo for those or the addition of carpet protector.

They get 10% any additional SERVICES above carpet cleaning. Meaning, the ONLY carpet discount they are eligible for is the first two rooms, even if they do more than that. If they add tile and grout, upholstery etc. then they get 10% off those additional services.

Here is the full email that went out:

50% off the first two rooms of carpet cleaning.

Normally $180, Burdick’s Bargain Buys price $90

Guy%20cleaning.jpg

BONUS: Receive 10% off the addition of upholstery, tile and grout, oriental rug or

hardwood floor cleaning completed at the same time of this Bargain Buy

The Details:

• To qualify the cleaning must be completed by September 11, 2015.
  • A room is defined as an area up to 250 sq. ft. (Approx 15x16). Areas over 250 sq. ft. are considered two rooms.
  • Additional rooms above the 50% off special will be charged at the regular rate of $80 per room.
  • Hallways, stairs, landings, foyers, walk in closets are not considered rooms and will be charged the regular rate.
  • One Burdick’s Bargain Buy per household.
  • Not valid for cash back.
  • Burdick’s Bargain Buy cannot be combined with other specials or offers.
  • Burdick’s Bargain Buy cannot be applied to currently scheduled or past jobs.
  • Burdick’s Bargain Buy is for residential service only.
  • Burdick’s Bargain Buy appointments are to be performed during normal business hours within a 15 mile radius of 18901 zip code or anywhere within Bucks and Montgomery Counties.
  • Pet stains/odor requiring water claw process and extreme stain removal or filtration lines will incur additional charges.

Call now to take advantage of this Burdick’s Bargain Buy.

215-343-6450
Like and SHARE our Facebook Page to make sure you don’t miss our other specials!

http://www.facebook.com/burdickscleaning

Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom