Giving this a try....

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
The thought of discounting our services AND giving a portion to Groupon, Living Social or Angie's List just churns my stomach. So we tweaked the idea and will see what happens.

I created the following "Burdick's Bargain Buy" and sent out an email to all my customers in Service Monster. In addition I posted it on our Facebook Page and several community Facebook pages we participate in. We'll see how it does.

I was VERY deliberate in crafting this offer. It only applies to a single couch....and we know most of our customers have matching love seats and chairs as part of the set. The dirty love seat and chair next to the clean couch won't look so good. So the thought is we will get add on work. A "fellow" cleaner we swap ideas with used this tactic, but with one of the deal sites and realized add-ons and upsells. His average job ended up being over $600 when it was all said and done.

I'll keep you posted as to how it goes. In the mean time, here is the deal:

Angie's List Deal of the Day, Groupon, Living Social Daily Deal....
They have nothing on Burdick's Bargain Buys
tan%20couch.jpg

50% off couch/sofa cleaning and application of fabric protector.

Normally $150, Burdick’s Bargain Buys price $75. (And receive 10% off any additional services performed during your Burdick’s Bargain Buy appointment).

The Details:
  • To qualify for this Bargain Buy, the cleaning must occur during the month of January or February 2015.
  • Couch/Sofa is defined as couch that can seat up to 3 standard size adults and not to exceed 8 ft. in length, with removable seat cushions and fully upholstered back (no loose back pillows).
  • Couches with chaises, ottomans, loose back pillows or couches as part of a sectional will incur additional charges at the regular rate.
  • One Burdick’s Bargain Buy per household.
  • Not valid for cash back
  • Burdick’s Bargain Buy cannot be combined with other specials or offers.
  • Burdick’s Bargain Buy cannot be applied to current or past jobs.
  • Burdick’s Bargain Buy is for residential service only.
  • Burdick’s Bargain Buy appointments are to be performed during normal business hours within a 15 mile radius of 18901 zip code (Or anywhere within Bucks and Montgomery Counties).
  • Pet stains/odor or extreme stain removal will incur additional charges.
  • Specialty fabrics are not eligible (Silk, suede, velvet).
  • Must prepay to take advantage of Burdick’s Bargain Buys. Any unused payments can be applied to future service at regular rates, not toward discounted services.
Call now to take advantage of this Burdick’s Bargain Buy. 215-343-6450
Keep your eyes out for other deals. Like and SHARE our Facebook Page to make sure you don’t miss them!
https://www.facebook.com/BurdicksCleaning?ref=br_tf

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Our normal minimum charge is $150. So we are waiving that for this "deal" and going down to $75.

The other idea behind it is even if they don't add on at this time, we are in the house and have a chance to build rapport and a relationship with them. Hopefully it leads to additional work and referrals.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
We aren't a big fan of cleaning it either, Marty. But if it get's us in the door and generates some revenue in the slow time, we will take it.

That being said, just hung up the phone and booked another one from this offer. 2 sofas (only one will qualify for the deal) and both have loose back pillows (which are additional), mattress, 2 chairs, stairs and a basement. Also picked up another Like on our Facebook page (Thanks, Scott Warrington). I'm happy with the results from today and expect to see a few more bookings tomorrow.

And, only 4 people emailed and asked to be removed from our email list....One went so far to say they wished they could still use us, but they moved out of state.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Upholstery cleaning isn't so bad. Less cost on chemicals, etc. than carpet. Just more time consuming. Nice offer Meg!

Reactions: PrimaDonna

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I would put this as an offer on your facebook instead of just a post if you haven't done so. Then promote that and let people redeem.

Reactions: PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
We did put on Facebook. I wanted to try on our page and several of the groups we are active in. I wanted to see how that did that way first without paying anything.

Tomorrow or Wednesday I will throw some money at boosting the post to targeted areas and demographics so it shows in their newsfeed.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
How many locals do you have on your fb page Meg?

We have 291 likes on our Burdick's Cleaning page. I'd say 200-225 are locals that we would be able to serve. The "Doylestown" page that is private and a huge referral source for us has 6,927 members/followers. "Doylestown Business" has 2,000 members/followers. I posted the deal on all 3 pages. And sent out the email blast to everyone in our database that had a valid email (1,577).

We've booked 3 jobs from the email and one from Facebook. 3 have added on other work, one just booked for the deal, but knowing my techs, there is a good chance there will be some upselling there before it's all said and done.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've booked 3 jobs from the email and one from Facebook. 3 have added on other work, one just booked for the deal, but knowing my techs, there is a good chance there will be some upselling there before it's all said and done.
I'd say that's already been a successful campaign for you and with minimal investment. Nice work! :cool:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
The only investment so far has been my time in writing it up, posting it and sending it. I'm curious to see what will come from it when I boost the reach on Facebook. Into new territory with that....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It will depend on your budget, who you target and how long you run it. But think think you will be pleasantly shocked.

Off hand I think you'll get several dozen new "likes" and thousands of clicks on the boost.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I used to challenge the carpet cleaner that I could double what they would bring in day. Without a helper and without a TM.

They hated me.....at least that's my excuse as to why they hated me. :winky:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'll say this again - pick your favourite non denominational charity, do a blast donating 20 or 25% donated to feed the poor, animal charity,nuke the whales - whatever gives you, but primarily your customer base a case of the warm and fuzzies. You do some good, you don't alter the integrity of your pricing structure and it'll get some cash flow going. Win,win,win.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
or donate cleaning services to the pet shelter or USO at the airport. We donate $3,500 worth of services every 6 months to the USO at the airport. Tile/Carpet/Upholstery cleaning. It increased our business out at the military base housing by 1000%

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom