Doing EDDM with other service business

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
One of my best friends owns a Pest Control/Exclusion business and we are teaming up with a 50/50 mailer ad to cut costs, I was curious if anyone here has input/experience with this type of marketing and how it did for everyone? Thanks, Bill

Becker

Name
Becker
What kinda product are you sending?

2 sided? Postcard? TriFold?

Had to say it is a 50/50.

I had considered asking one of my agents, or my carpet install/retail guy if they wants space for a percent. But my concern is. Getting the client to flip to the other side, or look past whatever ad they see 1st or heading.
We only have a faction of a second to grab the potential client, so that keeps me from getting to excited from sharing space.

Now if I were doing an envelope that had to be opened Heck yeah..

I'd like to know how it works for you, I'd suggest a separate sample of just you and you alone, compare calls.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We haven't tried it but thought about business positioned the same. Its just as the facilitator we were concerned about recouping the time involved in organizing and designing the piece.

I think it should work well saving you both some money or increasing your coverage.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
We are 2 completely different companies that service residential homes, plus cutting the cost in half, I get mailers with 3 different companies, just saw a folded one with 11 businesses

Reactions: Connor

Connor

Name
Connor
We are 2 completely different companies that service residential homes, plus cutting the cost in half, I get mailers with 3 different companies, just saw a folded one with 11 businesses

Yeah, but are they making any money?

Some BNI guys recently went in on a similar thing. Nobody wanted to do it again. YMMV.

Moser Bros.

Dave From Stain Busters did one, check his rug plant out of of Antelope, he does great work

Name
Ty
This is 9x12 and I get the whole front. Hope it helps

Attachments

• Forum .jpg
    Forum .jpg
    2 MB · Views: 215

Name
Ty
Why not just do your own?

Because of the cost associated and the volume I wanted to put out. I do think the response rate drops a tiny bit but if you take a whole side it doesn't drop much. I do still send my own too just like to piggy back a lot.

Connor

Name
Connor
Well, yeah, but do you think a singular cold mailing would be a better buy than targeting a single particular neighborhood with repeated mailings?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with Chris. While the shared piece is cheaper, doing a mailing only featuring you would probaby have more impact than mixed in with 5-6 others.

So if you're getting good results with a group, it would probably be worth trying one of your own to see if your numbers improve.

Reactions: Connor and 212

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Here are some pics of the card...they are going to houses priced between $400k and $1.5 M, I'm very diversified doing carpet, tile/grout and stone restoration.

Attachments

• 20141128_203749.jpg
    20141128_203749.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 200
  • 20141128_203802.jpg
    20141128_203802.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 186

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I like your half but I truthfully wouldn't care to be seen with pest control rat ad next to me.
That was my thought exatly.

Carpet cleaning - I think clean, sanitary, pleasant smelling.
Pest Control - Rats I think destruction, disease, filth.
Women hate mice and bugs.

why have a emotionally negative message next to your positive message?

Just my thoughts and persoanl reaction to bug and rodent ads.

The art and the card looks great!

I think the concept is great and agree I would go smaller group and multiple hits.

Reactions: Connor

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They go out tomorrow, I'll let you know how it does...thanks for all all of the input!
Hopefully it does fine but like Lee mentioned try one solo and see if there is a noticeable difference.

I personally wouldn't mind having someone piggybacking, the Pest control guy would not be my first choice.

He has a legitimate product to sell but as Tom mentioned its a little negative and could possibly take away from your offer if it gets tossed by someone that just glances at the rats.

Reactions: Bee Busy

Connor

Name
Connor
Geez...sometimes I wonder why I bother coming on here for advice or "constructive" critiques
You don't come for the advice, you come for the abuse!
MikeyPhisowndamnself made a good point about confusion. Your logo stands out more. I'd think I'd call you for the rodent problem if I had one. The other guys side is a losing. Also, if they see his side/crap first, they may just shitcan the whole thing because it's ugly.

Trust me, I'm a shitcan expert.

Reactions: Bee Busy

Connor

Name
Connor
There's a bit in the book Neuromarketing, about product placement and association. It references how people will consider certain products to be tainted by it's proximity to something considered undesirable.

I also find it a little ironic, weird, funny, etc that you're company is named after an insect and his piggy backed with a pest control company.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom