Do you bribe your Realtors and Flooring stores?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
you guys DO KNOW that realtors are that stuff that you get on yor shoes when you walk through
a dog park......

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Besides customer referrals, I'd guess 80% of my new customers came from flooring stores, designers, upholsterers... Now it's from direct mail and the internet.

"The times they are a changin' "

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
We ended up creating a sell sheet based on sense of smell steve talks about.

If you want to set up a route, you can use google mymaps and load up a list of your targets to stay organized, efficient.
Shane, one of the best "Marketing to Realtors" concepts I've ever shamelessly stolen (from one of my students, no less!) is to pull over when you are driving by a "For Sale Sign" and take a photo of it with the house in the background. Then email the photo to the Realtor along with this letter...

I like this idea because it is a) FREE, b) quick and c) highly effective. (And doesn't involve taking in donuts to overweight Realtors!) :)

Steve

PS Be sure to send the emailed photo from your private email account which guarantees the real estate agent will open it. Then they will see your neat "Make Your Listings Smell Great" special offer and the rest will be history!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Shane, one of the best "Marketing to Realtors" concepts I've ever shamelessly stolen (from one of my students, no less!) is to pull over when you are driving by a "For Sale Sign" and take a photo of it with the house in the background. Then email the photo to the Realtor along with this letter...

I like this idea because it is a) FREE, b) quick and c) highly effective. (And doesn't involve taking in donuts to overweight Realtors!) :)

Steve

PS Be sure to send the emailed photo from your private email account which guarantees the real estate agent will open it. Then they will see your neat "Make Your Listings Smell Great" special offer and the rest will be history!

Well I shamelessly stole the copy from sfs website

PS. I never said it worked just that we tried it :shifty:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Well I shamelessly stole the copy from sfs website

PS. I never said it worked just that we tried it :shifty:
Actually, Shane, that is all I ever ask. That people actually TRY my "stuff". :)

Some new stuff works- some new stuff doesn't. That's OK. But most people prefer to complain about their lot in life...

Steve

PS Speaking of "stealing copy", Shane, have you sent me "Sense of smell" sell sheet? I might wanna (cough-cough) pick up a few pointers from it...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bawb, she isn't but I thought I'd raise your blood pressure a bit! :very_drunk:

Sorry, had to! :lol:
OK..ya got me.......but you SHOULDA let me dangle jus a little longer, as i was coming up wit a great realtor story.....

a Priest..a Rabbi...and a realtor walk into this strip joint.......

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Actually, Shane, that is all I ever ask. That people actually TRY my "stuff". :)

Some new stuff works- some new stuff doesn't. That's OK. But most people prefer to complain about their lot in life...

Steve

PS Speaking of "stealing copy", Shane, have you sent me "Sense of smell" sell sheet? I might wanna (cough-cough) pick up a few pointers from it...

Thanks for the feedback steve.

Do like your idea of taking a pic and emailing realtors. But i think its a better fit for a tech in the field, at least taking pic.
Would be kinda pain here with all the suburban sprawl for me to drive around just for that.

Although i can keep my eye out when out and about giving estimates. Only takes 2 minutes, why not try it.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Although i can keep my eye out when out and about giving estimates. Only takes 2 minutes, why not try it.
Atta boy, Shane. (BTW, I don't promote "driving around looking for signs". But once you become aware of them you'll be shooting off 10 or 15 emails a day to Realtors and have almost new time invested.) What are those magic words again? "Why not try it?" :)

Steve

PS Some of our SFS graduates have done well with this "Punch card for Realtors" idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom