Critique this flyer!

Becker

Name
Becker
Anything in an envelope has always given me a hight rate of replies than postcards. Mauve I should try postcards in a envelope. Ha ha.
That is cold mailings.

dday

Becker said:
Anything in an envelope has always given me a hight rate of replies than postcards. Mauve I should try postcards in a envelope. Ha ha.
That is cold mailings.

Thank you. I have been trying to plan my first mailing for the New Year to past customers, and I was debating whether to go with postcards or envelopes. I'm going to go with the envelopes. I am seriously considering hand addressing them for this mailing (so that it why I need to plan it now - I have to start addressing those envelopes now.

Thanks for the reply, Becker.

-David

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Around here a New Years mailing will turn some sales to past clients. But, People here don't clean much in January and they are tapped out after the holidays.

(I make my January mailing a after the holidays clean up sale.)

I would suggest planing on mailing previous client every 3-4 months (at least) to hit with their buying needs.

The first part of November can be a great time to mail. So, it can hit into the Thanksgiving and Christmas cleanings.

This time does have a narrow window. As when the tree goes up some people think they can't have their carpet cleaned.

And then do you after the holidays clean up sale.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Instead of drop shadows try using graduated screens, darker to lighter, from the top/bottom to give you a little more contrast to make the copy stand out more.

You're right, Dave, Wayne makes plenty of bonehead mistakes. Ask anyone. lol Unfortunately, there's nothing you and I can do to make sure it happens 100% of the time but the stickers are supposed to go on the address side of the mailing.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume the Post Office's intent is to keep the content side of the mailing free and clear of stickers and anything else that might interfere with the message. Anyone in their right mind paying good money for postage would and should demand compensation from the Post Office when they intentionally and repeatedly deface mailings designed to the Post Office's own specifications.

Wouldn't you agree?

Even with the address side, while I do see one every now and again -- maybe once or twice every couple of months -- in my neck of the woods those stickers have largely been replaced with ink-jetted bar codes. Just MHO, while it's wise to keep it in mind, designing everything so the occasional bar code label never intersects any part of the content could be overkill.

A 4" X "6 postcard gives you 24 square inches per side to work with, 48 total. Since we so rarely see them out here I don't have one to measure but the labels I've seen are maybe 3/8" X 4". If I'm right, the area they cover is 1.5 square inches. For the sake of argument, let's double the height to 3/4" or 3 square inches.

For what it's worth, and, again, just MHO, and I realize we're working with fractions of a second to catch someone's attention before the piece goes in the trash, but I suspect if the 93.75% of the message not under the sticker hasn't generated enough interest to cause someone to peel away the occasional, pesky bar code label, the 6.25% under the removable label probably wouldn't have made the difference either. On the other hand, not utilizing that same area because some small percentage might get covered with an easily removable sticker is a tragic waste of valuable real estate.

Food for thought.....

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Jeremy said:
GreenCleaning2Custom.jpg

Looks good. The message is sufficiently oblique to warrant interest. The most important thing is your health and the health of your family. That is the message conveyed.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
High Resolution Blank Card Soon to be Available for Download:
imagemattersBlank.jpg

This Is what i did with it...
ImageMatters2.jpg

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Art Kelley said:
Jeremy said:

Looks good. The message is sufficiently oblique to warrant interest. The most important thing is your health and the health of your family. That is the message conveyed.

Delia doesn't like it. :shock:

She reckons the kid looks like he has a boner. :oops: !gotcha! shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jeremy said:
High Resolution Blank Card Soon to be Available for Download:
imagemattersBlank.jpg

This Is what i did with it...
ImageMatters2.jpg

Better. But the "Image" deal should be for a company that allows thier customers into the place of "image".....that looks like moreo of a back room work area.

I would go with "health" in that situation.

"A clean and healthy work environment" etc.

Managers want to keep their peeps healthy.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Allergies?.....Asthma?....Dust?......Odors?
There are many reasons to maintain a healthy workplace
environment. The most important might be to keep your
employees at work and not home sick.

Indoor Air Quality at work….it just makes sense!

F

FB7777

the ad copy is gawd awful boring

the picture is worse than generic clipart, cubicles???? who is inspired by or associates a high rise work station with carpet cleaning?

at least the marketing package is priced right :shock:

F

FB7777

somone here has to be Simon Cowell and tell the guy he's not cut out to be the next X-Factor

Back
Top Bottom