Can a business say...

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Legally, can a business say they are #1 in their industry? What qualifies this? Like a vote in your local news papers "best of the best" or what? Example: I seen a cleaner in our area post, We are the #1 Carpet Cleaning Service in Blah Blah Blah... Anyone know if you can just say you are #1 in the area - in official company advertisements? How does this work...

Able 1

Name
Keith
If you can say this:
:lol:
[h=4]Carpet Cleaning | Upholstery Cleaning | Area Rug Cleaning[/h]
<nav id="breadcrumbs">
  • You are here:
  • Home
  • Residential Cleaning
</nav>

[h=4]NaturalDry Carpet Cleaning Services Las Vegas & Henderson[/h] Our carpet cleaning process uses the Dry Extraction, Low Moisture Carpet Cleaning method, HOST®. HOST® is recommended by carpet manufacturers and fiber producers worldwide.
HOST contains a balanced blend of water, detergents, wetting agents and natural ingredients. As the low moisture HOST Cleaner is brushed through the carpet, the absorbent particles deep clean by dissolving, trapping and removing spots, spills, and greasy, oily dirt. Like a sponge in a kitchen, HOST holds and controls the cleaning liquids so dissolved dirt doesn't run into the carpet backing. After vacuuming up the HOST Cleaner, carpet is clean, dry and back in service. HOST is natural, non-toxic, biodegradable and safe for people and pets.
[h=4]Pet Stain/Urine Extraction with Enzyme Treatment[/h] We also offer Pet Urine Extraction with Enzyme Treatment. This process allows us to pull up urine from the padding of the carpet to the surface. We treat each individual spot using a black light to find not so noticeable spots. Using high powered extraction machines, with a water claw, allows for deep extraction of urine. Our enzyme treatment will eliminate the smell 100% Guaranteed! See our demonstration video on the extraction process. Check out our Pet Urine Removal Process Video!
• No wet carpets • No soap residue • Removes dust mites and other allergens • Safe for all types of carpet • Carpet stays cleaner longer • Safe for children and pets • Dry in 1 hour or less in any type of weather

I think anyone can say anything!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Great response idiot. Thanks for helping me with my question instead of posting something un related. I'm wondering if a business can do that, I'm not attempting to do that. So get off your high horse douche.

Able 1

Name
Keith
LOL! How is what I posted unrelated? Well, if you can say what you do on your site.. There is NO way they can't say they are #1 in the area! Your advertising is blatantly false, his is just opinion based.. He might just be the best in your area, prove him wrong(I would change methods if you want to be the "best" though)!

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
My question wasn't about our method.... We actually have done quite well with our method. Our method isn't only using the HOST Product. You might want to be more concerned with your business as we have continued growth quarter over quarter. Can you please explain what is false?

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Able - I'm guessing your HWE as 95% of this board, of course you would say this.. I'm not curious about your business advice in this post. Thanks for the input though, but maybe change your method to ours. We are usually the guys going to clean up the mess you made 2 weeks after you've cleaned it.

Able 1

Name
Keith
First off, I thought this was a ADVERTISING question.. I do 20% more work every year(slow and steady)! Well to start off this IS false:
"Our carpet cleaning process uses the Dry Extraction, Low Moisture Carpet Cleaning method, HOST®. HOST® is recommended by carpet manufacturers and fiber producers worldwide."

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
How is this false? Explain? This is listed on the HOST DRY website, included in all the marketing materials sent to us by host. Other cleaners through out the country using this process have this on their sites. Dry Extraction - correct it is a dry extraction using low moisture products. Ok I'm confused? Explain.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Able - I'm guessing your HWE as 95% of this board, of course you would say this.. I'm not curious about your business advice in this post. Thanks for the input though, but maybe change your method to ours. We are usually the guys going to clean up the mess you made 2 weeks after you've cleaned it.

If you were in my area I would crush you! If I showed up with the pos equipment you run to a current customer I don't think they would open the door..

Able 1

Name
Keith
Shaw:

Research indicates that the hot water extraction system provides the best capability for cleaning. This system is commonly referred to as "steam cleaning," although no steam is actually generated. The process consists of applying a cleaning agent into the carpet pile and using water in the extractor to recover the used solution and soil.??This can be done from a truck-mounted unit outside the home with only the hose and wand brought inside or by a portable system brought into the home.

Shaw warranties require that the homeowner be able to show proof of periodic cleaning by hot water extraction (commonly called "steam" cleaning) by a professional cleaning service or do-it-yourself system, using equipment that is certified under the Carpet and Rug Institute's Seal of Approval program. We strongly recommend cleaning systems that have achieved the Gold Level Performance in the CRI Seal of Approval Program. Click here for a list of Gold Level Performers.
[h=2][/h]

Able 1

Name
Keith
How is this false? Explain? This is listed on the HOST DRY website, included in all the marketing materials sent to us by host. Other cleaners through out the country using this process have this on their sites. Dry Extraction - correct it is a dry extraction using low moisture products. Ok I'm confused? Explain.

So, they told you this? Host the company selling you the equipment? Sucker born every day!

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Are you serious? So first your saying my info is bull shit and then you are saying you would crush me as a competitor? This turned into in an interesting turn from my original question.

1. You would not crush me. We continue to grow right now like crazy.
2. Are you upset that you do not properly understand cleaning in VLM?
3. We do not use rotovacs, bonnet machines or any such.
4. Our equipment looks like the shit. People are impressed when we walk in saying, "No hoses or loud ass truck? Nice"
5. We get great cleaning results from this process.
6. We do houses in very very high end areas here. We have a 65% customer return rate every 6 months for cleanings.

I can walk into a home we cleaned 9 months ago and barley see traffic lanes beginning to develop. So Stfu. :)

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Sorry when I say our equipment looks like the shit that is millennial generation lingo for "it looks awesome"

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Now who is a "stupid idiot"??

I guess me man. Sorry you are all knowing yet you don't list your company page on here? What is your business? Steam Cleaning for 49.00 for 3 rooms and then upselling to $250. Or? Are you doing something better than we are.. please explain your process.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Are you serious? So first your saying my info is bull shit and then you are saying you would crush me as a competitor? This turned into in an interesting turn from my original question.

1. You would not crush me. We continue to grow right now like crazy.
2. Are you upset that you do not properly understand cleaning in VLM?
3. We do not use rotovacs, bonnet machines or any such.
4. Our equipment looks like the shit. People are impressed when we walk in saying, "No hoses or loud ass truck? Nice"
5. We get great cleaning results from this process.
6. We do houses in very very high end areas here. We have a 65% customer return rate every 6 months for cleanings.

I can walk into a home we cleaned 9 months ago and barley see traffic lanes beginning to develop. So Stfu. :)

You are clueless, but I'm sure you can make money in this gig.. So, post from a carpet manufacture that your method is what they recommend.. This is what your thread was about!I would crush you in my area, there are lots of high quailty cleaners around here.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I guess me man. Sorry you are all knowing yet you don't list your company page on here? What is your business? Steam Cleaning for 49.00 for 3 rooms and then upselling to $250. Or? Are you doing something better than we are.. please explain your process.

3 rooms would cost you $115 rock and roll out in 45min. and a repeater for life! Better more efficient method is how we roll..

Able 1

Name
Keith
So, truth in advertising and you can't find one manufacture to back your system? You surly aren't the best..:lol:

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
3 rooms would cost you $115 rock and roll out in 45min. and a repeater for life! Better more efficient method is how we roll..

Same here - or at least close. $120, 3 rooms, oh and we do their Hallways and Closets Free. 1 hour. Eco-Friendly Products. Blah blah blah.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We both obviously feel strongly about our cleaning methods. To each his own dude. As long as your surviving and both our companies are getting great results and return customers. What is the problem with having different types of cleaning methods out there?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I think it is too vague of a statement to be in violation of any law, and is too widely used and accepted as an advertising norm for everyone to say they are "The Best" or "Number 1".

Unless directly attacked, I couldn't care less what a competitor says in their advertisements.
Competition will always be a constant, so id rather just accept it and focus on my own business, as that is what I can control.

Even if you did learn that their statement of being No.1 can possibly be challenged somehow, do you think that it would really be a good idea to do so??

If not, then what difference does it make what they say???

Reactions: WillS

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Shaw warranties require that the homeowner be able to show proof of periodic cleaning by hot water extraction (commonly called "steam" cleaning) by a professional cleaning service or do-it-yourself system, using equipment that is certified under the Carpet and Rug Institute's Seal of Approval program. We strongly recommend cleaning systems that have achieved the Gold Level Performance in the CRI Seal of Approval Program. Click here for a list of Gold Level Performers.
[h=2][/h]

HOST or other dry compound or VLM cleaning suppliers need to invest in those lobbyist to get on that Gold List.

http://www.carpet-rug.org/CRI-Testi...-Systems/Certified-Deep-Cleaning-Systems.aspx

A Rug Doctor and Porty is on that list.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Will;

From a Legal stand point, putting into print: "We're number one; or, We're the Best"...(etc), legally this can be contested in court. The firm or person stating that is stating it as a "fact" and therefore has the burden of proof of actually proving it. This actually is something that would be almost impossible to do btw.

If I were you, do not let this bother you. Move forward and use it against your competition by as a quick example, perhaps countering by: "You're not just a number to our cleaning firm but rather a very valuable client"....or, "You're NUMBER ONE with us and that's all that counts!"

Hope this helps!

Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Legally, can a business say they are [URL=http://mikeysboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] in their industry? What qualifies this? Like a vote in your local news papers "best of the best" or what? Example: I seen a cleaner in our area post, We are the [URL=http://mikeysboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] Carpet Cleaning Service in Blah Blah Blah... Anyone know if you can just say you are [URL=http://mikeysboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] in the area - in official company advertisements? How does this work...

Sure it can be challenged and if you feel it is false ask them. If you don't want the confrontation, have a friend or family member inquire about cleaning and have them ask.

Someone has to be #1 but that title can be vague and it can be twisted. #1 what? volume cleaner, popular vote, # of trucks, Angie's list, Yelp, most certifications. It could go on and on but they could be # in some or all of those.

You yourself could advertise "We are the #1 low moisture carpet cleaner in town!"

Personally I wouldn't sweat it, its marketing and has more value annoying you than it does gaining them new clients.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I'm the best carpet cleaner in the world (after Richard Chavez and Michael Lockhart).

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Chavez is number 1 in my book! That dude gets +'s ...

Overall will if they keep it vague, they are safe.
#1 in what ? sales, service, reviews, etc

See if something is vague they always have an out.

Back
Top Bottom