Better Business Card Techniques

M

Mark Imbesi

I found this while browsing this afternoon and thought I should pass it along.

Better Business Card Techniques

Business cards are one of the least expensive and most effective tools in growing your
business. This 3.5” by 2”, double-sided space can offer some powerful marketing
opportunities.
A typical business card contains contact information such as name, company name,
phone, fax and website. Does your card also include a call to action? Make sure to
include exactly what you want the recipient to do – ‘call to set up a complimentary
consultation’ ‘book your massage today’ ‘subscribe to our free newsletter’ – you get the
idea.
Don’t forget about the back of your business card! This blank space can be used to
communicate:
• Customer testimonials
• Ideas/tips on your industry (example: advertising rates, calorie or fat gram
counter, energy-saving tips, etc)
• Coupon or special offer
• Direct them to your website to receive free information on your industry
So what do you do with these amazing business cards once they’re ready? Give everyone
you know THREE cards – ask them to pass along to their friends, family and co-workers.
Other ideas for handing out business cards include:
• Community bulletin boards or displays
• Leave one with your tip at a restaurant
• Mail one with every bill
• Ask local businesses to put them on their counter
• Slip them in magazines at reception areas
• Leave one with the cashier every time you purchase something

Remember to use these tactics consistently for the best results!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Done and Done.

Been doing that for awhile now.

I hand out business cards like they are candy.
They are no good sitting on my desk or in my clipboard.

I once heard of a story of someone who would go into a restroom and drop like 5 cards on the floor. He claimed people would pick them up, I'm not too sure though, seems a little tacky.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Chris,

Do you really want Larry Craig for a customer?

Island Boy

PS Use the back of your card for more company information if you wish. But please leave some white space and don't make the back glossy. Lots of customers (and me too standing in the Jon-Don Connections booth!) will want to write additional information down and they can't since the glossy stock won't take a pin. Also be sure to get personalized business cards with their photo for each and every employee BEFORE their first day with you. This creates a wonderful Employee Moment of Truth. (Plus they will hand them out to everyone they know.)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
esquireservicesinc said:
I once heard of a story of someone who would go into a restroom and drop like 5 cards on the floor. He claimed people would pick them up, I'm not too sure though, seems a little tacky.

Tacky.... I get it.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I agree with Steve and we include an area on the right side of the back of our bus cards just for notes. It is lined ans lighter whre the left side of the back is split in 2 section listing our services and retail product offerings. I'll try to remember and post one tomorrow.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I agree with Ken agreeing with Steve.

Copyofservice1businesscard-1.jpg

CopyofService1businesscardback.jpg

Whattya think?

Steve Toburen said:
Chris,

Do you really want Larry Craig for a customer?

Island Boy

PS Use the back of your card for more company information if you wish. But please leave some white space and don't make the back glossy. Lots of customers (and me too standing in the Jon-Don Connections booth!) will want to write additional information down and they can't since the glossy stock won't take a pin. Also be sure to get personalized business cards with their photo for each and every employee BEFORE their first day with you. This creates a wonderful Employee Moment of Truth. (Plus they will hand them out to everyone they know.)

Nope. That is not something I will do...I was just relaying what someone told me.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I usually give out magnets but how can you beat the cleaning cash? I will always do the magnets but alot of my custy's have those stainless refrigerators and they they wouldn't dare put anything on them... Do any of your custy's have the glass door fridge? That is the most stupid idea I have ever seen!

ABLE_SAMPLE1.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Looks awesome Keith.

I usually put a magnet on the side of the fridge whether they like it or not...if they take it off later..oh well...at least they are paying attention.

I always look for metal filing cabinets in the home as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom