#20... SS370 build

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you need to flip the shelf....and put the reel in the back...

your going to break your knuckles on the back of that shelf when you have to reel up your hoses...not much breathing or service room if you don't pull all your hoses off of the vacuum reel.....and your going to be cussing yourself out every time you have to get your big self in and out of that van just to get something off the shelf if it is pointed backwards..........

P9290963_zpsua0jofzs.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
I really don't want the reel in back, maybe putting the vac reel on the left and the small reels on the right..

They must come off easy?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Definitely the second way!! Servicing it the other way would suck because you would have to remove the reel.. I still would push the vac reel back as far as possible and do something else with your solution hose..

Able 1

Name
Keith
Is that a mid height van?

I never liked the hose reels on the floor that's prime space right by the door..

Edit: looks to be standard height.. I would stack them on the right side or put them on the doors or mount them to the ceiling..

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Get rid of the floor bracket and do not use a stack bracket. Have rays guys make you a stand or call me and will will ship one already made ray might need to cut it down as I don't know the height of that van. Worth every penny of the $175 we charge. That's lined.

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Mikey P

Administrator

Photo?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Since you are not carrying water would go to the left with John's style reel deal and to the right with the powered vac hose reel and push it as far back as you can.. In the pic John posted, you need to be in the van to get the hose on the reel right(or it will spool on the right side of that reel)..

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
If you're going to be cleaning in freezing temps, you might want to consider a fresh tank. Frozen faucets suck. Turning one and feeling the stem break sucks even more.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when I made mine I made sure that the vacuum reel was on the curb side and the smaller reels were on the street side..that way I could just move the lines over and shut the door on the street side and not have to worry about the wind or something blowing them open and having it hanging out in the street......

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Able 1

Name
Keith
Looks like the vac reel is a long reach.
We can build any thing.
He shouldn't have to reach anything.. Put a switch on a tether, either foot activated or push button.. Only spool it so you can reach the vac hose.

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
If you're going to be cleaning in freezing temps, you might want to consider a fresh tank. Frozen faucets suck. Turning one and feeling the stem break sucks even more.
Still have the submount available Mike.
He shouldn't have to reach anything.. Put a switch on a tether, either foot activated or push button.. Only spool it so you can reach the vac hose.
Understood and that's the plan.
Don't want the customer climbing in to the van to spool the reel when they use all the hose. It has to be within arms reach. IMO

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom