1st attempt with the Zipper SS and my 370

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I would love to have one of your propane heaters. Lot better than the lg I currently run and if I'm not mistaken, don't you have an electric auto igniter rather than the standard pilot light system?
Yes, it does have an auto-igniter, and auto re-lighter if wind were to blow out the flame, although that has never happened for as long as I have had these heaters. The heat is so even when you are cleaning with no dips or spikes, regardless of your wanding technique or type of wand, spinner, etc.

I have 2 of them, one in each of our 2 truckmounts.

These heaters easily keep up with running dual wands - one wand is a #6 flow, the other wand is a #08 flow.

We also run 2 Kleenrite upholstery tools using this same heater, with nary a problem. You can mix and match the jobs, even able to do upholstery and carpet at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy and Cleanworks

Mikey P

Administrator
So Mikey---finally on the SS bandwagon? Hasn't Richard had one for his employees to use for a couple of years? Didn't Pighead get one a couple of years ago too? Has living in the boonies really gotten you that far behind? Are you going to try Saiger Sauce next?

Try and keep up smart ass.

Erik JUST came out with a SS for less than 48 blowers.

Reactions: rick imby

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Yes, it does have an auto-igniter, and auto re-lighter if wind were to blow out the flame, although that has never happened for as long as I have had these heaters. The heat is so even when you are cleaning with no dips or spikes, regardless of your wanding technique or type of wand, spinner, etc.

I have 2 of them, one in each of our 2 truckmounts.

These heaters easily keep up with running dual wands - one wand is a #6 flow, the other wand is a #08 flow.

We also run 2 Kleenrite upholstery tools using this same heater, with nary a problem. You can mix and match the jobs, even able to do upholstery and carpet at the same time.

Hi

Is it possible to let me know the brand?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Hi

The brand is one that I designed and patented a few years back, and sold them with an ETM that I used to manufacture.

I had a pressure washer LP heater manufacturer make them to my specs. I have probably sold 30 or more of them in the last 10 years. My own 2 heaters are 12 years old with thousands of hours on them.

They rarely have any problems. The electronics are still original, as are the gas valves.

I sold 2 different models - one was an 180,000 BTU, and the other was a 240,000 BTU. You would not need anymore than the 240,000 BTU's. It will melt chewing gum and candle wax with no chemical needed!

Too bad I don't make them anymore, 'cause there is nothing else like them out there anywhere as far as I know.

Mikey P

Administrator
Very good, very quick but not quite ready yet..

More Spoon testing next week with more flow and different angles 20180718_163637.gif 20180718_151808.jpg

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Don't know about Bob's but pretty sure that Duane's were made by Silver Eagle Manuf, and that were then tweaked by Duane a bit for added heat. They were flow fired.

Did a quick search but looks like they have changed name or gone out of business. Here's a you tube showing one of their heaters

roro

Reactions: JohnHawkP

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
The brand is one that I designed and patented a few years back, and sold them with an ETM that I used to manufacture.

I had a pressure washer LP heater manufacturer make them to my specs. I have probably sold 30 or more of them in the last 10 years. My own 2 heaters are 12 years old with thousands of hours on them.

They rarely have any problems. The electronics are still original, as are the gas valves.

I sold 2 different models - one was an 180,000 BTU, and the other was a 240,000 BTU. You would not need anymore than the 240,000 BTU's. It will melt chewing gum and candle wax with no chemical needed!

Too bad I don't make them anymore, 'cause there is nothing else like them out there anywhere as far as I know.

Thanks for the feedback Bob - really appreciate it.

"Hot enough to melt Chewing gum ...."

Now that excites me.

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton

Doing well on the grease.

Not so well on the Jelly and syrup lumps under the tables

Hopefully 6 or 8 flow helps pop those out.

Thanks for sharing the vid Mikey.

What about operator fatigue say compared to a Prochem titanium with a glide?

Will you do a side by side comparison on a commercial where say one half is scrubbed and the other half isn't? You can then compare time taken and end result.

No scrubbing at all makes me nervous .....

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Looking forward to your first domestic review.

It might go something like this.

Mikey stood at the end of the bed and slowly pulled his hot zipper.

He was doing a job for a divorcee from Maine moving into Mikey's neighborhood.

She was at the door and gasped. Mikey didn't know she was there and he swung around facing her.

She said "Wow. I've never seen anything like that before. Can I touch it?"

"Sure" winked Mikey in his laconic and good natured way.

She knelt down and started rubbing it.

"Hey don't rub so hard' pleaded Mikey. "You might distort the face yarn"

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Mikey stood at the end of the bed and slowly pulled his hot zipper.
He was doing a job for a divorcee from Maine moving into Mikey's neighborhood.
She was at the door and gasped. Mikey didn't know she was there and he swung around facing her.
She said "Wow. I've never seen anything like that before. Can I touch it?"
"Sure" winked Mikey in his laconic and good natured way.
She knelt down and started rubbing it.
"Hey don't rub so hard' pleaded Mikey. "You might distort the face yarn"

I believe Mike has better class than that.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

Will you do a side by side comparison on a commercial where say one half is scrubbed and the other half isn't? You can then compare time taken and end result.

With a normal zipper, the operator fatigue was more than my Mach wand. I wasn’t fond of that.

Mikey P

Administrator

Scrubbing would help as it is...

Hopefully not when we're done tweaking

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Hi

Don't know about Bob's but pretty sure that Duane's were made by Silver Eagle Manuf, and that were then tweaked by Duane a bit for added heat. They were flow fired.

Did a quick search but looks like they have changed name or gone out of business. Here's a you tube showing one of their heaters

roro

Mine were made by Farleys in Arkansas.

Great bunch of people!

rick imby

Name
Rick
OMG, I don’t get it. I used the 13” regular zipper today with the Bane, with the propane heat, and crying out loud it’s awesome. Scrubbed of course. But I don’t get how it’s hard to use. I looked like the Saiger crew, but 40 yrs. older.
#NotyouMark!

You don't have Mark's hair....

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Back
Top Bottom