1st attempt with the Zipper SS and my 370

Mikey P

Administrator
750 and 800 was not enough to get the new spinners to move so I cleaned a lightly soiled community center at 900 psi. Two wet,one dry. 110 ft of vacuum hose. 2nd dry was not pulling anything up. Carpet was drying very quick.

After two hours of cleaning/breaking in, both jets were moving at 750, during a parking lot test.

4 flow, with 6 and 8 to be tried soon...

The real test is Wednesday night at my greasy spoon

mBIvzUfQm-mixMfDBytyzEYyQ0L2JwMzCUOzk4B4Jl4S75dv8nyVdzDDxOHs37_kfAMabN1f6S2m0PDuuV93qclL6R-NTlu364RLa5Q5A8dGvadE621c-8Z4jWDmkrpv6aD59Ea3spNzzcEdoDwFcXfNqMhmEqn4j2V6q4kAzawZdgTzJxpuWWaFVQDs9aR1Lo7zNqYVSEL8X-eCKVoMFcrfSk73d9Czs4YjONI0LXNerv_qr2z5bmF7dL7munFmfGD1kMKUgLC01SNXVPtBXpTXZiOWwrFdqB8VnoaoDameFJ8WmzMEWaPhw8tkysDu5HvkIFi6U2Q21-PZWYtwQiM-mWXuA_2EkCI5-A7I27AZCq3AzMNpnyxtr9Bifpk5tF603ZSO8t2fe_1_04lrAUh77U1z53l_j5eXQcRQq1YdWoE73cGFYiqWKPct9oe2sfz6Usci6jJOfPaILYT0JnbkEB_f6FcBqyiHJa00dlAuxzeI1MdRj-wrM57iGjEoEGS_8aHAHYZfOhmygaZgoeHNlXUItodqpy3fyiDgDnUN6p1x3pdGg05NsWBRzQ_nUwahF59z6GABvYsq6Z2vKZu4MZddEfX_j2ofHHvk=w1920-h934-no

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
750 and 800 was not enough to get the new spinners to move so I cleaned a lightly soiled community center at 900 psi. Two wet,one dry. 110 ft of vacuum hose. 2nd dry was not pulling anything up. Carpet was drying very quick.

After two hours of cleaning/breaking in, both jets were moving at 750, during a parking lot test.

4 flow, with 6 and 8 to be tried soon...

The real test is Wednesday night at my greasy spoon

mBIvzUfQm-mixMfDBytyzEYyQ0L2JwMzCUOzk4B4Jl4S75dv8nyVdzDDxOHs37_kfAMabN1f6S2m0PDuuV93qclL6R-NTlu364RLa5Q5A8dGvadE621c-8Z4jWDmkrpv6aD59Ea3spNzzcEdoDwFcXfNqMhmEqn4j2V6q4kAzawZdgTzJxpuWWaFVQDs9aR1Lo7zNqYVSEL8X-eCKVoMFcrfSk73d9Czs4YjONI0LXNerv_qr2z5bmF7dL7munFmfGD1kMKUgLC01SNXVPtBXpTXZiOWwrFdqB8VnoaoDameFJ8WmzMEWaPhw8tkysDu5HvkIFi6U2Q21-PZWYtwQiM-mWXuA_2EkCI5-A7I27AZCq3AzMNpnyxtr9Bifpk5tF603ZSO8t2fe_1_04lrAUh77U1z53l_j5eXQcRQq1YdWoE73cGFYiqWKPct9oe2sfz6Usci6jJOfPaILYT0JnbkEB_f6FcBqyiHJa00dlAuxzeI1MdRj-wrM57iGjEoEGS_8aHAHYZfOhmygaZgoeHNlXUItodqpy3fyiDgDnUN6p1x3pdGg05NsWBRzQ_nUwahF59z6GABvYsq6Z2vKZu4MZddEfX_j2ofHHvk=w1920-h934-no
Carson or south reno?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
The greased hub on any flat surface spinner takes a while to loosen up properly. It sounds like these are the same, but with shorter arms they’ll be a little harder to move until they break in. After a few jobs I bet you go down to 500.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
That's really good for that size machine. I think I would stick at the 4 flow. I think a larger flow will drop your heat too much.
Right here is compromise because you need the heat. A person's machine should be able to provide more than enough heat, vacuum, and pressure/flow, that each job demands.

With a fire-breather the heat is not dependent upon the flow - it'll heat it - and keep it there, just as high and more, regardless of the flow, as long as it isn't over a 20.

As a side note, I am impressed with the SS line of truckmounts.

Reactions: SamIam

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Nope, the whole reason I got the SS is to eliminate scrubbing

I love scrubbing.

Now this is interesting.

After testing if you believe the end result is so good you can eliminate the scrubbing step, how much better will it be by keeping that step in?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Right here is compromise because you need the heat. A person's machine should be able to provide more than enough heat, vacuum, and pressure/flow, that each job demands.

With a fire-breather the heat is not dependent upon the flow - it'll heat it - and keep it there, just as high and more, regardless of the flow, as long as it isn't over a 20.

As a side note, I am impressed with the SS line of truckmounts.
I would love to have one of your propane heaters. Lot better than the lg I currently run and if I'm not mistaken, don't you have an electric auto igniter rather than the standard pilot light system?

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I love scrubbing.

Now this is interesting.

After testing if you believe the end result is so good you can eliminate the scrubbing step, how much better will it be by keeping that step in?
Scrubbing is great if you can get paid for it. For example, I did 2 identical buildings on Monday, side by side. One has new carpet and was very easy to clean, breezed through it in 2 hours with a helper for $500.00 The second building has the original 30 year old carpets and is filthy. I tried to upsell the property manager on the necessity of scrubbing and I wanted $150 extra for doing so. The building owner turned it down so I went in with a hyped up prespray, followed by an emulsifier metered through the truck and it came out great. Took 3 hours compared to the building next door. Scrubbing the 4 hallways probably would have taken an extra hour as I had a helper but I just don't like giving it away for free. Cost me an extra hour anyway because we slowed down and repeated our strokes over certain areas. Scrubbed or not scrubbed, the results were about the same.

Reactions: JohnHawkP

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Scrubbing is great if you can get paid for it. For example, I did 2 identical buildings on Monday, side by side. One has new carpet and was very easy to clean, breezed through it in 2 hours with a helper for $500.00 The second building has the original 30 year old carpets and is filthy. I tried to upsell the property manager on the necessity of scrubbing and I wanted $150 extra for doing so. The building owner turned it down so I went in with a hyped up prespray, followed by an emulsifier metered through the truck and it came out great. Took 3 hours compared to the building next door. Scrubbing the 4 hallways probably would have taken an extra hour as I had a helper but I just don't like giving it away for free. Cost me an extra hour anyway because we slowed down and repeated our strokes over certain areas. Scrubbed or not scrubbed, the results were about the same.

I get your point.

Your costs were slightly up and it took longer to do on the 2nd job.

Negotiating with the property manager is always challenging.

If price is an issue is it possible to find what they are willing to pay by asking the question and selling the end result? Some techs also include say a deo if you get the scrub done.

So in your scenario that price point might be $80 for the scrub and if the deo is included as a bonus he might think he is getting a real bargain with a great end result.

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
I move faster with the Zipper SS than my wand on commercial and on some residential. I love the SS it cleans so good I have clients that I have been cleaning for years that only want me to use the SS now.

Does it get to everywhere that a wand gets?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I get your point.

Your costs were slightly up and it took longer to do on the 2nd job.

Negotiating with the property manager is always challenging.

If price is an issue is it possible to find what they are willing to pay by asking the question and selling the end result? Some techs also include say a deo if you get the scrub done.

So in your scenario that price point might be $80 for the scrub and if the deo is included as a bonus he might think he is getting a real bargain with a great end result.
The issue it that I am dealing with the property manager, who is dealing with the building owner. The property manager agrees with me but the owner is a cheapskate.

Name
Jeff T
I’ve got 13 1/2k coming up. It’s a post construction clean up. I plan to vac, prespray, agitate with my CRB, extract. It hasn’t been properly vacuumed since it was put in 8 years ago. The in house staff uses backpack vacs. Whe. They pulled up a few carpet tiles, the superintendent said there was a distinct grid pattern of dirt on the concrete slab. It needs DEEP cleaning.

Reactions: JohnHawkP

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I don’t do restaurant carpets thats the hardest work!

Oh wait I did a Marie calendars that counts?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I use to love they’re chili and corn bread my wife won’t eat there! So I don’t get to go anymore

Cody Ransom

Name
Cody
If that’s the case, it’s you who conditioned them to notice the Zipper, or care.
Not in the instance I’m thinking about. I just got my SS and I wanted to play with it so I cleaned one client’s house with it. The next time I cleaned her with the crb and wand. She call a month ago trying to describe the SS which was funny. She said the tool I used two times ago did a better job and I asked her about dry time she said it was about the same.

rick imby

Name
Rick
So Mikey---finally on the SS bandwagon? Hasn't Richard had one for his employees to use for a couple of years? Didn't Pighead get one a couple of years ago too? Has living in the boonies really gotten you that far behind? Are you going to try Saiger Sauce next?

Reactions: Jimmy L

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom