Your Deodorizer Doesn't Work!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I try to avoid selling products to end users; its not our business model, and as you well know, consumers are not a little bit demanding.

I received a call from someone who bought a product, and she said it didn't work.

I asked for details:

Her "pet" urinated on the back seat of their van. She treated it with the product recommended by an employee, and she was upset that the odor was still there.

I asked a few questions about penetration (thinking she will need to inject it) and then I asked the important question that hadn't been asked before:

"What kind of animal was it?" (I wanted to know cat versus dog, especially if it was a larger dog.)

"It was a donkey. We were taking it to the vet, and it peed all over the seat then died"

Donkey pee.....a lot of donkey pee...

I suggested that the seat be replaced.

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
No, but it was from a part of southwestern PA we affectionately call "Pennsyltucky"

You know, the kind of place where upholstered sofas are acceptable as porch furniture, and rusty cars up on blocks are lawn ornaments.

Name
Lee Stockwell
HEY!!! Even Kentucky has standards....

I did clean for an otherwise intelligent person who kept a full-sized sow in her house. I recognized the pungent odor from my boyhood on a Michigan farm.

She didn't notice it...

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I hope you gave her money back Jim. It is the right thing to do.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I hope you gave her money back Jim. It is the right thing to do.

If I can have a picture of the dead donkey in the van, it would be more than worth it for the entertainment value.

Not that I take joy in the demise of the poor animal. Its just the whole thing of a family van being used as a donkey ambulance that I found a bit entertaining.

I was duly sympathetic to the grieving donkey owner, to be clear.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have given this more thought.

As my spiritual adviser, I will do as you say Jimmy....you have always been a beacon of reason in the otherwise confusing world in which we live.
It is not if you inhaled..................it's how much and were there other substances involved? :winky:

Reactions: Jimmy L

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I try to avoid selling products to end users; its not our business model, and as you well know, consumers are not a little bit demanding.

I received a call from someone who bought a product, and she said it didn't work.

I asked for details:

Her "pet" urinated on the back seat of their van. She treated it with the product recommended by an employee, and she was upset that the odor was still there.

I asked a few questions about penetration (thinking she will need to inject it) and then I asked the important question that hadn't been asked before:

"What kind of animal was it?" (I wanted to know cat versus dog, especially if it were a larger dog.)

"It was a donkey. We were taking it to the vet, and it peed all over the seat then died"

Donkey pee.....a lot of donkey pee...

I suggested that the seat be replaced.
Reminds me of a job I did once. I am starting at a large stain in the middle of the living room, I ask what kind of dog do you have, thinking it must be a German Shepherd or something. "It wasn't my dog", she says, "it was my boyfriend". Later she clarified it to ex-boyfriend.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
No, but it was from a part of southwestern PA we affectionately call "Pennsyltucky"

You know, the kind of place where upholstered sofas are acceptable as porch furniture, and rusty cars up on blocks are lawn ornaments.

“Georgia.”

And the donkey didn’t just die, it killed itself from shame.
Nevermind why.

Reactions: Willy P

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
D4E4A710-DC65-4D5E-8AB1-BA42A4062632.png P

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Coastie

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Can't say I've ever seen a donkey up here. I always thought they existed only in movies.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I shared this story about the donkey, the minivan, and the outflow of urine as said donkey crossed over to the Elysian Fields, with my girlfriend...

She said this:

"You know, these stories of yours about owls in your bedroom when you were a kid, snakes in your house, getting rabies shots for bat bites, your buddy Mikey and his pals and the things they share on that board, and now this whole donkey in the truck story...do you know what they have in common? .....YOU!"

"These things don't happen to normal people. Normal people don't even know about things like this. You really aren't a normal person Jim"

:biggrin:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Jim, have you read any of Gerald Durrell books? I think you'll love them.
The best being "My family and other animals".
He's one of the funniest writers and I think that you of all people will relate. He has other good books too.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Yea. Isn't it?
Though not as much gnashing of the teeth as the gospel :winky:

And just in case your deodorizer does not work as well, here is Bertrand Russell for your education and entertainment:

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Jim, have you read any of Gerald Durrell books? I think you'll love them.
The best being "My family and other animals".
He's one of the funniest writers and I think that you of all people will relate. He has other good books too.

As a boy I often wondered what became of the Bootle Bumtrinket. It must be bobbing around Corfu somewhere.

Reactions: ruff

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
@Jim Pemberton Have you told your girlfriend about the lion/tiger(don't remember which it was) urine soaked upholstery yet?

I laugh every time I think of it because I imagine a very brief wide-eyed stare from you looking at the piece.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I left that out of her rant to save space.

Yes, she was stunned by that one too. It was lion urine. I remember picking out the hairs from the fabric; they were as thick as needles.

She told me that our relationship has been very educational.....its broken her from watching "Reality TV", because my stories (and often this place) are either funnier or more shocking, or both.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I shared this story about the donkey, the minivan, and the outflow of urine as said donkey crossed over to the Elysian Fields, with my girlfriend...

She said this:

"You know, these stories of yours about owls in your bedroom when you were a kid, snakes in your house, getting rabies shots for bat bites, your buddy Mikey and his pals and the things they share on that board, and now this whole donkey in the truck story...do you know what they have in common? .....YOU!"

"These things don't happen to normal people. Normal people don't even know about things like this. You really aren't a normal person Jim"

:biggrin:

Funny....cuz my wife calls it
"That board"....as well ?????

Name
Lee Stockwell
We have communities in Kentucky like that, and I red flag them.

Hickman KY, on the Mississippi. White trash section 8 owners and drug infested tenants. It needs to finish falling in the river.

Dexter and Hardin KY closer to home are getting bad too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom