You Americans are so Hot ......

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
and there might be a concern about overheating equipment.

With the high temperatures you guys are experiencing, are you taking extra precautions?

Reactions: SamIam

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I turn the heat knob down on my pro1200se, and on the rage i keep all the van doors open.

Reactions: JohnHawkP

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
The funny thing is with Prochem and probably a few other manufacturers if you take the panels off you void the warranty.

But keeping the panels on imo can seriously degrade some of the components prematurely in hot weather.

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
I turn the heat knob down on my pro1200se, and on the rage i keep all the van doors open.

Yep.

And you are always thinking to yourself when you are stuck inside the house cleaning the carpets

"I hope some a$$hole isn't stealing from my van" with the doors being open.

Reactions: Scott S.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Yep.

And you are always thinking to yourself when you are stuck inside the house cleaning the carpets

"I hope some a$$hole isn't stealing from my van" with the doors being open.

Once i did catch a competitor in my van, came out finding him searchin in the front for something. He couldnt run fast enough once he saw me. He was about a half second from getting my foot so far up his arse it would have to be surgically removed. He hopped back into his van and sped off. I think he was searching for cash.

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Once i did catch a competitor in my van, came out finding him searchin in the front for something. He couldnt run fast enough once he saw me. He was about a half second from getting my foot so far up his arse it would have to be surgically removed. He hopped back into his van and sped off. I think he was searching for cash.

A competitor!!!

Well hopefully he went out of business.

We don't need pond scum like that.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
A competitor!!!

Well hopefully he went out of business.

We don't need pond scum like that.

Never met the guy in person, he always waved with 1 finger before before that. Letting me know i was #1. Hes no longer in business. I have those accounts now.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I live in the desert...our temps can get pretty brutal...and our ambient temps play a big role on our equipment....on my thermal-wave...I replaced the cooling fan with one that has bigger fins and that is at more of an angle to pull more air through the radiator.......I removed my computer and put it outside the engine compartment so it would stay cooler....I also installed a fan on top of the vented lid for the really hot days to remove more heat from the engine.......everything stays away from the machine to give it as much air circulation as possible....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
some dude's have a clusterfook of gear 'n stuff packed in an around their units
That's not a good thing for air flow around unit
and can cause issues long term wear like brittle wiring or premature head gasket fail

only heat related thing I recall, was fuel vapor lock
I moved the fuel pump to a different location and never had that prob again

..L.T.A.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
On super hot days i like to do this:

Pro1200se. Feed cold water on the job, turn heater on the in the van to pull out more heat from engine.

Rage, doors open and an air mover blowing at the rage. Feed cold water also.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Have these tm manufacturers considered putting an a/c compressor blowing cold air on the fan as an option for the guys out west. I could see it as an add on option.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The heat is tough on some of our spotting chems as well, including most liquid oxidizers and reducers. At a minimum, I suggested an insulated carrying case for these products. Store them away from the additional heat of an engine. I liked to pack one of those blue ice blocks in with my spotter chems.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Yep.

And you are always thinking to yourself when you are stuck inside the house cleaning the carpets "I hope some a$$hole isn't stealing from my van" with the doors being open.
Just another of the penalties for leaving Godzone and returning to Ned Kelly land:(

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
An option with the Butler is their neoprene insulation package. I highly recommend it for places where it gets hot. Mark needs it because he lives where it gets very cold.
I'm in SW Florida and run my Butler with the doors closed. The insulation works extremely well because it isn't hot in there. Pretty amazing really.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Direct drive pro 1200 no issues, 570 needs more airflow!

The engine can
Get hot and shut down the unit, but you have to face the unit away from direct sunlight and use a snail to push air through the truck, with windows open.

Two guys on each truck helps keep an eye on things and all chemical are high up on a shelf.

No problem with anybody ever drinking any solutions!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom