yellowpages.com or just more SEO work

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm meeting with my YP rep at the end of the day today. I am pulling out of one book for sure (Akron), because there's about 40 cleaners listed there and lots of ads. I'm still keeping a dollar sized ad in another book (portage county), because there's only a few cleaners listed, and lots of old people who still use the book. My question to you is, the money I will save from the YP book ($327/month I think), would it be better to keep it in yellowpages.com, or just keep dumping it into the website? Right now I'm top ranked in 2 big towns I serve, but there's another 2 I'd like to conquer. Thanks.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Why be in a directory with your competition when you can have your own competition free web page?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you're going to do yellowpages.com go as big as you can or don't do it at all.

Again I stress that not all ads or websites work no matter how many people see them. So be careful that you will have good conversion rate before you spend money on Yellowpages.com. They only put you infront of people...they don't sell it for you.

Chris A

Name
Chris
we do have a hell of a conversion rate, thanks to my wife's phone skillz, but I'm just not sure which way to go. I know you have had a lot of success with yp.com Brian, anyone else?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Chris,

I would opt for the SEO and thank your wife repeatedly for her great work. That is the most important part.

Bill

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
I'd opt for SEO as well.

We got a yellowbook.com listing with a short video. Before we signed up they were experts in online advertising. After six months and not a single call they were confused why we thought they were online advertising experts and wanted out of the contract. Although, they graciously offered to "make any changes to the bullet points you'd like to suggest."

Looks to me like you're simply buying static ad space online rather than in a print directory.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom