Yellow Pages Pay-per-call

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Yellowpages in my area is offering a pay-per-call billing. They will put my ad in as many listings as I want. The billing is based on the size ad you want. The one I went to was the small 2X2 priced like this:

carpet cleaning $10/call
air duct cleaning $15/call

I did the math and it already costs me about $15-$20 per customer for my print ads. I am one of those $25/room guys, so I think this might be OK since I can deal with the price shoppers.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Go for it. You don’t have much to lose with those numbers. I have a hard time writing checks to the YP for my standard ads in the winter when the ROI is worse than ever.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Just remember to answer your phones. lol

Pay per call is better than pay per click but it still doesn't gaurantee the sale.

Hope you do better than break even.

Good luck.

Tre Allen

Name
Tre
When was the last time you went to yellowpages.com to search for something vs Google?

Yellow pages is (ATT) is just another directory, Google has more than 85+% of the market share.

Spend your money on Google/Facebook places/seo/ppc in all those places and dominate.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
rhino1 said:
This was for listings in the phone book, it had nothing to do with the. Internet.

That might be a good deal. It's a catch 22. As more guys get out of the phone books because it doesn't work for them.....the guys that stay in will get those few customers they may have lost to the other guys.

As far as internet goes...you are not just paying for a listing on their site..you are also paying for the listings on all their affiliates including the Google listings.
It also helps your website rankings.

Worth the money? It was for a while...who knows now.

Ron K

Yellow Pages Suck but there is a place for it.
Had a couple of customers say they wanted a LOCAL cleaner so they looked in the local yellow pages.
Not everyone Googles. Older people still like the Yellow Rag. It's just a tool. You should have some presence in it.
One $500.00 job pays for the year.
Just my opinion.

JDeShon

Yeah not everyone, but something like 85% do and in a couple of years everyone will. Also, I get so many crap calls from yellow pages because of other people trying to sell me something.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
In detroit the hard books are supposed to be phased out starting in 2012. This year YP took all of my investment and put it toward yp.com and on their books all my corresponding prints ads are free. That is about 50k + off the hard book GL line item and onto their web based products GL #.

Ken

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yp.com did the same for me to try to save my business with them. Gave me all the paper "free".

Once I learned that I could do what they do without the $1500 per month pricetag...I dropped them.

What does YP.com do for you Ken?
Website?
Video?
Dedicated web page?
Payperclick?
online listing?
What else?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I dropped the Yellow pages and have never been busier and with better client than I am now.

And just for $15 a month V/S the $1000 a month I paid for 20 years to the YP.

Back to the pay per call. I would worry about the constant calls from the telemarketers that could potentially cost $10-$15 per call.

At that rate It may run easily over $3000 per month to get junk calls.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
YP's here bought out the competitor book. Of course they are still publishing it, they get twice the money for the same area.

$10-15per call? I guess I would know then if an add is working and could tweak it to get more calls.
It could really start adding up if you get a lot of price shoppers. I pay about $400/yr in one book, that's 40 calls. I think I would save money.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom