Yellow Pages book doesn't work

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok,
I need opinions.

You should all know that Yellow pages don't work for making alot of money right away but they are decent for building a business customer file over a long period of time.

I use ATT yellow pages on line and have done well with that.
I just did another ad with them in another area...still on line with another website built for me included.

Anyway,
They offered me a 2 column (quarter page) in tile cleaning and a 4 column job in carpet cleaning for a pretty awesome price.
$700.00 a month to over a million people.

What do you think? Should I do it?

I figure for the cost ...which should be right around $1500.00 I think I might actually make some money from it.

I need opinions.

Keep in mind that my ad money is just about running out but if it makes that per month then it's no loss.

Ugh.
Typing outloud.
Ugh again.

Name
Bruce
After 5 years of tracking my stats with Yellow pages (AT&T now) I was only ever breaking even on yellow page adds. I was working a lot just to pay for the ad .

I've been thinking lately that if I would have stayed with the yellow pages and kept farming those new yellow page clients for the referrals I would be ahead of the game.

Then what I was thinking was confirmed by Scott R. in another one of your post. Scott says "Anything that at least breaks even is a success in my book since we have the long term value via more work and referrals on the back end of the sale."

I'm not hip on going back into the yellow pages but it seems to make sense.

You have to look at it as if it's just another piece of the pie, don't look at it like you're going get rich quick off of it. (I know you're not, just saying)

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It depends on your Yp competition. A 1/4 page ad could be buried by your competition.

You get the best ROI by networking your area especially if you live in a large metro area. Plus it's likely to be competition free. Unlike the yellow pages.

Dave-

Able 1

Name
Keith
At&t is too expensive for me...

I have 3 half pages 1 of them being on the inside front cover of the Yellow Book this year for like $320 a month, well worth the money!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom