yellow page advertising for h20 damage question

BUSY BEE

I am trying to figure out which way to advertise the restoration biz in the yellow pages.

Large ad in the carpet cleaning section with big "FLOODED" headline or in the Water Damage section?

All advise will be appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Is it worth it vs internet marketing?

I haven't picked up a yellow pages in well over 10 years, i get them and still go on google when i'm looking for something especially these days with smart phone(blackberry, palm, iphone, etc).

Just a thought.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have traditionally placed it in the carpet cleaning section, mainly because their wasn't a heading until recent years.

I think it pulls better in carpet, people think we carpet-carpet cleaners. ?

Under water, what are they looking for? Water removal??? Extraction? More of an industry term.

I don't know, my brother and I argue the point so this year we put it in both sections.

BUSY BEE

tmdry said:
Is it worth it vs internet marketing?

I haven't picked up a yellow pages in well over 10 years, i get them and still go on google when i'm looking for something especially these days with smart phone(blackberry, palm, iphone, etc).

Just a thought.
they're gonna give us the yellowpages.com thing as well because we're looking at going big, so I think were covered for the internet. I mean when people are in a panic do they run to a phone book or do they jump on a computer? I think the computer will do good for adjusters looking around. I'm in an area (I think) that could be a little slower to the internet compared to where I used to live where the internet is everything.

BUSY BEE

rctpks said:
We have traditionally placed it in the carpet cleaning section, mainly because their wasn't a heading until recent years.

I think it pulls better in carpet, people think we carpet-carpet cleaners. ?

Under water, what are they looking for? Water removal??? Extraction? More of an industry term.

I don't know, my brother and I argue the point so this year we put it in both sections.
Thanks Richard. I feel the same way, it just sucks because we have to put a full page or 3/4 double page ad to be in the front spot, where the water damage section we could go 1/2 page to be on top, that's the issue.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Check with Wayne Miller (PDQ) , he is great at making you stand out from the rest.

Well worth the money.

Maybe you won't need such a big size if he can design an ad that pulls them to you.

BUSY BEE

I've got the art work in mind. I used it in an ad a few years ago and it works great, it's got wavey water in the background and doesn't require color. I have to admit I got the idea from a restoration co. in Monterey CA when I was at a hotel during a golf trip. Mike may know him, brilliant art work, I must say! It's my thinking that first or second place is crucial for emergency work, I could be wrong though.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I believe the older aka elderly crowd at least in my area will look at the yellow pages that's in the 60 plus range. Most people these days will use the internet even if it's an emergency, but like you said many demographics are different. Yellowpages.com is fine but you're still stuck w/ everyone else and their mother in those listings, the right seo will get you more jobs for much less $ in the long run. But it doesn't hurt having a spot in the yellow pages.

Back
Top Bottom