Yard Signs- How Do You Feel About Them?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yard Signs, how do you feel about leaving a sign on a customers front lawn after service?
****Not on telephone poles or public spaces but after service.

We have never done it for carpet cleaning but have always used them for tile/grout. Most customers have no problem after a successful t/g service, BUT we have very few HOA here and t/g is pretty nichee service still here.

What about for carpet cleaning?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I considered them a few years back but guys here thought they were a tacky way to advertise, so I passed on them

Reactions: Ken Snow

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I've used them a few times. Don't think I ever got any business with them. If you put them out in busy neighborhoods they will get stolen. Probably by the competition. I've gone through about 30 of the cheap ones. Somehow they disappear.

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
Somehow they disappear.

Maybe Mrs. Piffleton or her son takes a baseball bat to it?
Do you get customer permission prior to planting it in their front yard?
Have you inquired if they know what happened to it?

Chances are they don't give a rats azz and are happy its gone and if their kid bashed it.. they wouldn't say so.

I see those on peoples lawns or this time of year snowbanks for plumbers, plowing, replacement window company's, roofing co's, and in summer landscapers.. 1st thing I think of is, "that's annoying!" I've never thought of calling someone who leaves those behind. However, whenever I see a magnet on someone's fridge for a service I might be interested in at some point in the future, I'll inquire about the job, quality of work and service, cost, their experience.. would they recommend etc.

I think there are better ways to spend your money on top of mind advertising/marketing.
But that's me..

Bill

Last edited:

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Shane, you are smarter than your last comment.

Here is what we are getting ready to try out. I ordered a couple of yard signs. I still have some "we cleaned your neighbor" postcards. I am going to try and work the two together. I think a VERY NICE yard sign will get attention. These would be left in nicer neighborhoods for 3-4 days. Neighbors will see it, they either already have a post card or getting one in the mail. Touches, touches, touches.

The sign has represent your company in the way you want to be represented. A nice full color sign.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
My opinion is it is tacky and won't work- people are more likely to not pay attention to what you actually do as they will expect it to be a lawn care company, tree service or driveway repair company. It is also time/labor intensive having to go back and get them.

My 2 cents.

C

Cleaning God

If you just want to brag to their neighbors. Do a 5 around magnet/promotional drop or hit the whole block. Along with leaving your cleaning bucks referral cards with the client you just serviced.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Overall i think bill/ken caught it right, we can see a better return inside the home versus outside.

Awareness is tricky to track with data though so for now we will be keeping it for tile/grout but decided against adding carpet until i know more.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
this was my response in 2008 to business generating
Direct mail has been money in the bank for me but the largest business growth from Advertising
link1.gif
is my lawn signs strategicly placed in businesses that attract families. I have about 20 signs out there and it pulls in the moms

I am not sure how much per because it isn't a one time thing it is a permanent fixture that contnues to generate. It cost me about $700.00 for 100 signs and stands, the stands were a waste until spring but I did not need equal amounts. I should have done 100 signs and 50 stands and brought the cost down a little

I close over 95% of all calls for service to my business

Beeks

Name
J.R.
wow, we get 100 stands and signs for less then $200 bucks down here in Orlando....did it one time, didnt do the after cleaning thing as much as i just passed them out all over town, got a few calls back made a couple hundred bucks, but not worth the time, and got a call from one of the towns i was passing them out in threatening me not to pass them out anymore

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Had a guy post them all around my subdivison when he found out where I lived.

Then he put them on every street corner in my town.

I went around the entire town one night and collected them and threw them away.

Stupid low life.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
oh, permanent fixture, gotcha, that would make that price sound more reasonable....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom