Y.P. mistake-What can you do about it? (ICS post)

"Good ole yellow pages made a blunder and they are going to contact me next week to work out a resolution. Anyone have this happen and what we're entitled to?
Thanks,KS."

This is a good post and feel we could all benefit from it! Nice to know our rights!
R.A.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
On most YP ads the fine print on the contract states the only thing they are responsible for is that the phone # will be correct.

Copy problems are not their responsibility.

Dolly

If they messed up on your phone number or numbers then you owe nothing for the ad

If they messed up on graphics or your name being spelled wrong or different then you have a negotiation for your price

Just make sure you have kept proof of what you approved before it went to print, if you don't have that, then you will have a hard time with an argument.

Hope it works out well for you.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Long time ago, i put a full page ad in the YP.....i couldn't wait for it to come out....when it DID......there was a guy pushing the wand with a big AFRO....I WAS PISSED!!!!

I found out that as long as you pay the regular phone bill, they can't shut your phone off.......the YP will probably take you to court to collect their part of the bill......

In my case, i won because the finished ad looked NOTHING like the copy that i OK'd.....

So in effect..i got a whole years ad for free......

By the way...do you all know that it is WAY better to be on the LEFT side of the book...when opened......

because people put their writing and note paper on the right...thus covering those ads......

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Except for left handed readers. Did you know that many left handers myself included read everything from the right. I place my note pad on the left page.

Ivan

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Good point Ivan...however the fact IS "carpet cleaning" begins wit a C and thus would be towards the front of the book ....when you open the YP to C.... the left side will be higher and on a sharper arch than the right side, which is layin' flat....thus harder to put your writing notes there...i'm sure that you have encountered this problem!

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Good point Bob. However, in our book the yellow pages are in the back of the book so it is the opposite of the book you describe. The front of our books are where the residential listing are placed. Go figure.

Ivan

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I would ALWAYS threaten my YP guy that if i was EVER on the right side..i would pull my ads...they SAY they have NO control over it.....but you can bet yor babushka that they pass the word along.....

I was in the YP for my FIRST 20 years and was on the left side EVER time........stopping the yellow pages was the scariest thing i ever did.....but as it turns out the BEST thing!

Name
Jesse
Every year so far we have had mistakes. They have been very fair about adjusting the price. Usually 20-50% depending upon the mistake.

S

ServiceMasterRalph

Maybe they will give you $500 spending CASH to run around and spend while they fixt your problem like W.M. did..

Just dont tape the book open like the diverter valve...lol

ServiceMasterRalph said:
Maybe they will give you $500 spending CASH to run around and spend while they fixt your problem like W.M. did..

Just dont tape the book open like the diverter valve...lol"

Ralphie, All you poor people think alike. Get your head out of your wand! You one truck operations beleive anything...LOL. Well it was 300 that Paul Richardson the owner of WhiteMagic gave us. Didnt even come close to covering the 4 days hotel...not to mention gas,lost jobs and prolonged downtime. What a joke!!!

Yes the diverter valves had gone bad 3 times at 750 dollars a pop. They we're poorly thought out and put at the back of the unit where they overheat and melt. Then the only way to replace them is take the machine out with a forklift. The local disty tied open the diverter resulting in more issues. All of this was not under warranty, fortunately I am a millionaire and can weather many storms... :D

S

ServiceMasterRalph

HOT SEAT!!!

Invite a White Magic rep that knows all about this issue.

Get to the bottom of it.

ServiceMasterRalph said:
HOT SEAT!!!

Invite a White Magic rep that knows all about this issue.

Get to the bottom of it.

Perhaps we can get Jon-Don and Bridgepointe to weigh in also. See how they feel about their "PAST" dealings with'em!!!

S

ServiceMasterRalph

The only reason Jon-Don stopped selling W.M. is that W.M. would let get rid of Truckmounts in Salem as a distributor. JonDon wanted it all and W.M. said they would not do that.

As for Bridgepoint I have no clue. so get it right.

W.M. is looking at a slander suit so beware..

ServiceMasterRalph said:
The only reason Jon-Don stopped selling W.M. is that W.M. would let get rid of Truckmounts in Salem as a distributor. JonDon wanted it all and W.M. said they would not do that.

Word of mouth is not slander. :lol:

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
An acquaintance owns a pawn shop. He bought a half page add. The main point of the whole add, was that for the whole year, he was doing "FREE PAWN FRIDAYS", where if you pawn something on a friday, you pay no interest if you get it out in in time.

They printed it advertising "FULL PAWN FRIDAY"

Apparently the message getting across there is that if you don't want to get screwed like you do Sat-Thurs, pawn it on friday and they'll be honest....

He fought to get the add free, and settled with 50% off.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Your Word of Mouth MAN said:
ServiceMasterRalph said:

Word of mouth is not slander. :lol:

Was that a throw-back to the Chem-Dry douchebag, or is White Magic seriously getting ready to sue? I am very happy with the truckmount I have. It's nothing fancy, but it works, trouble free. I just think their service sucks. I spent a week trying to get a hold of them and the best I got was a referral to a local shop that sold Kohler engines.

G

ServiceMasterRalph said:

Perhaps they should beware. Similar cases have backfired. There is a thing called the 1st amendment. Like the results here exemplify in one court case;

"...lawsuits like these backfire. Every time somebody tries to stifle speech," he said, "they end up advertising it."

Go figure here. 25k spent by him to purchase the unit. One of the 1st put out that they even recognize was not perfect. (See removal of proportional control valve letter from factory) This valve caused problems and is no longer on model. Documented issues. Replacement requested and denied. Word of mouth follows. Threaten to sue for more money and time than replacing. Which would have lead to good word of mouth. Is this good business???
As a matter of fact how wise it would be to do that now. I am sure Mr. Allen is a reasonable man if he has been in business for 23 years, has never complained about his other models including his other units made by the same company.
Perhaps they should call him and turn him into a what Jon-Don refers and lives by-A CUSTOMER CHEERLEADER!!!!

KS.

vcs1 said:
ServiceMasterRalph said:

Perhaps they should beware. Similar cases have backfired. There is a thing called the 1st amendment. Like the results here exemplify in one court case;

"...lawsuits like these backfire. Every time somebody tries to stifle speech," he said, "they end up advertising it."

Go figure here. 25k spent by him to purchase the unit. One of the 1st put out that they even recognize was not perfect. (See removal of proportional control valve letter from factory) This valve caused problems and is no longer on model. Documented issues. Replacement requested and denied. Word of mouth follows. Threaten to sue for more money and time than replacing. Which would have lead to good word of mouth. Is this good business???
As a matter of fact how wise it would be to do that now. I am sure Mr. Allen is a reasonable man if he has been in business for 23 years, has never complained about his other models including his other units made by the same company.
Perhaps they should call him and turn him into a what Jon-Don refers and lives by-A CUSTOMER CHEERLEADER!!!!

KS.

I would be glad to talk it out on the hotseat with Mr. Richardson anytime. As a several time customer of his I would welcome the opportunity!
Thanks KS, excellent points.
Your word of mouth man!!!

JREAD D

the lies just never stop for Robert Allen. You have lied to every one here and that sucks for the people of this board and for WM. I know WM is not perfect and you sure are not as well. Be a man and admit what you did to that system. The disty you bash has ejected one customer since opening. That should be a wake up call for you Mr. Allen.

G

JREAD D said:
the lies just never stop for Robert Allen. You have lied to every one here and that sucks for the people of this board and for WM. I know WM is not perfect and you sure are not as well. Be a man and admit what you did to that system. The disty you bash has ejected one customer since opening. That should be a wake up call for you Mr. Allen.

His machine sucks and so do you JRead.
I'm sure after 23 years in business that he made up a story about 1 machine. I've never heard him complain about his 1900. As a matter of fact he loves it!

Plus him and his family are good people. You we don't know,him we do.

Don't sweat it. He's probably an inbred :lol:

Have 10 people post here that like the local disty and I'll clean your carpets free!!! :p :p
Oh yeah and I save 30k plus a year not using them!!

PS:Actually I want to thank them all personally. Since I received such bad service and machine failures it has made me so much money. I now fix all my own equipt. saving 75 and hr.
I got a chemical distributorship that saves me tons. I have outsourced all parts at huge savings. I can help others freely who have e-mailed me over the last two years to get their machines running properly. This is only the beginning.
So the next time your in bed with them all give them a kiss from me sucka!!! :D :) :lol: :lol: :p :oops: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Driguy

What? who is this nightmare distributor you keep mentioning? So you own a new distributorship in the Hampton area?

Its not TW Sew and vac is it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom