WORST CHEMICAL LINE?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Who makes the WORST cleaning chemical line that is simply JUNK?

Rex Tyus

Hesco's privatelable Elkypro. I tried it in the early months before I knew better. If Biokleen is worse than Elkypro I can see why they try so hard to create hysteria in our industry. If it is worse than Elkypro it truly does suck and they need to scare people to buy it.

Full disclosure, I have never tried any BioKleen products thus my "if" statements. Because of their insulting marketing I never will use them.

Russ Goddard

I have to agree, I was very disappointed with Bio-Kleen. Didn't clean worth a darn and looked like it was packaged in someone's bathtub.

Walt

Those who use BioKleen as a specialty rarely clean really dirty carpet. Most of their customers don't drink Kool-Aid or Hawaiian Punch. So it normally works well for them (it does for me). Many of my customers would rather have a spot on the carpet that wont come out then use something that might hurt their health (real or perceived). Disagree with them or not, the customer demands this service. I have customers who would freak if I used butyl or fragrances in their home. Many of the so called "green" cleaners (axiom comes to mind) would not be a good fit for them.

If you want to give BOK an effective shot you will have to boost it. Forget the traffic lane cleaner and just use the fiber glow liquid boosted with oxybleach and some citra-soy solvent. That makes a pretty effective prespray. Oxybleach is probably doing the heavy lifting. You may have to scrub traffic lanes. Rinse with scorching hot soft water only. Works well.

That said, it is totally inappropriate in most commercial settings or apartments. But you shouldn't blame a fly swatter for not working well as a hammer.

Of course you can ditch the plant based cleaners and go with Planet Guard. Still not strong enough for real nasties but works very well on residential (with out the foam) and many commercial jobs.

The worst chems-

planet guard degreaser - doesn't work at all
axiom deodorizer - doesnt work and stinks
encapuclean - total joke
skunk out (powerclean) - stinks so bad you don't care if its working.

Walt

:shock: napalm?

I forgot Release-it. Works awesome but I can hardly breathe.

Kevin

Planet Guard Degreaser works fine. I have used it in a Nasty Italian Restoraunt.
The prespray and rinse did not do well for me.

I have a Burger place to do tomorrow night that will be trashed. I can take pics using the Planet Guard. I scrub with a Cobb CBM. Rinse with Prop Powder 2000.

Name
R.J. Povio
We buy Elkypro Defoamer. That stuff works well....its a only 2-3 bucks a gallon. Even if a use double the amount, it still doesn't end up costing 10-12 a gallon like other brands out there. We use maybe a case to a case and a half of the full strength stuff each year....and dilute it to about 50/50 with water.

Elkypro also had or maybe they still have a solvent for removing paint, oil, and grease. That product seemed to work well too. It was in an aerosol can with a white and greenish label.

Rex Tyus

Contemporary Carpet Clean said:
We buy Elkypro Defoamer. That stuff works well....its a only 2-3 bucks a gallon. Even if a use double the amount, it still doesn't end up costing 10-12 a gallon like other brands out there. We use maybe a case to a case and a half of the full strength stuff each year....and dilute it to about 50/50 with water.

Elkypro also had or maybe they still have a solvent for removing paint, oil, and grease. That product seemed to work well too. It was in an aerosol can with a white and greenish label.

You are correct about the solvents, and for HWE purposes the defoamer will probaly suffice. I was using the defoamer when I had a Von Schrader and it was better than water but not much.

Walt

You can use planet guard degreaser as a prespray? I haven't tried that. Planet Guard Traffic lane cleaner works great - I use it every day. As good as that was, I was just really dissapointed with the degreaser when I tried to clean the interior walls on my truck. It wouldn't touch the diesel exhaust.

What ratio do you mix it at?

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Servicemaster's stuff...from along time ago I might add.
To those of you who are listing Bi-O-Kleen's stuff as garbage...I just have to ask what the heck are you doing or should I be asking,not doing?Now I know it isn't the strongest stuff out,but man...I've cleaned a little of everything with the line and it hasn't let me down yet.

Before Marty starts spouting(again)that I've drinking someone's kool-aid,which is got to be the lamest excuse for intelligence if I ever heard one,I started using just bac-out for urine but with any product that I've ever used,a little testing,if it works,more use/testing and so on.

Some of you guys just can't seem to get it through your heads that you do not need a ph of 12 to clean.Using natural products and a basic "little" tm,I have found there isn't anything I haven't been able to deal with.
Patrick

Back
Top Bottom