Worse employee stories.... (warning R17 rated)

Mikey P

Administrator
Jim P wanted me to start this thread for friday night entertainment.

He has a whopper he wishes to share.

I bet some of you could floor us as well..

Let em rip.

applelogo.gif

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Now I'm in trouble..........I'll learn not to share any PM stories with you.

I'll try to find a way to clean it up, then share later......

John Watson

Tony, I thought you told me you did all the fabric ID testing!!!!!

Oh, Sorry I forgot, Thats in the new building...

Sorry, just funnen, Sure glad you survived that disaster, Pretty soon you will be back on top of the heap. Beware of smell!!!!!

harryhides

Name
Tony
It happened 7 years ago John but it did take a few years to recover.
Got a whole new building and a lot of new toys.

PlantgateSview.jpg

PadSEview.jpg

RugRack28.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Wow Tony; I had forgotten you'd been through that. I think you might have mentioned it to me when we discussed Lee Zimmerman's fire.

Our business would not be here as it is today if it weren't for a fire my father had when he had a Servicemaster Franchise in the 60's. In 1971 we lost everything, and were not adequately insured. His franchise representative was, to put it kindly, very unsympathetic and did a a great deal by both inaction and action to hurt him further.

Bottom line: Lee left the franchise, and promised himself he'd create a business where he could train and supply cleaners so they would not have to buy a franchise, but remain independant.

So here we are today.

(Yes Mike, I'll tell the "other story" later, just trying to figure how to make it PG13 at least..........)

G

I frequent this forum mainly.. it has the minds that I need to pick if I have a problem.

I monitor the ICS forum.. but this forum showed me you can throw in a curse word, do it respectively..
that makes me more comfie.. knowing someone isnt breathing down my back.

You can say what you want to say.. and get good info at the same time.. and thats a good combo.

Tks.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I supervised a night crew for a local school district. A couple of nights a week I couldn't find one guy. One night I see him get into a car, so I get in me car and follow them. He ends up across town sweeping parking lots for some company, fired him on the spot but the union got him reinstated.

Opened up the supply closet one night because I couldn't find the guy to delegate a task to. When I opened up the door to the closet there he was slugging down a 40 ouncer while taking a piss in the slop sink. Fired him on the spot also.

Had a guy that every time you rode him a little he would always go out on a workers comp claim for his toe hurting.

I had a guy that was real goofy. I asked him why he was that way. He said that the indians shot arrows through his head one night. We took him to our league bowling one night. The bowling alley was 50 lanes wide. Dude freaked out when he walked inside and we never seen him again.

Same guys sister, also screwed up. Aksed her why. She says that one night while on acid her husband John took her to hell and they went to the grocery store while in hell. When walking down the aisle the trix bunny rabbit jumped off the cereal box and starting her around the store.

She also had some issues with the cobra snake on those black light posters.

Steve Glass, he says my name is Steve Glass(Forrest Gump voice) you know, glass, like a window. The guy also knew everything there way to know about firearms.
Guy was always late to work. Ask him why and he would look you in the eye and in a dead pan voice and expression say, Buses

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Back in the 1970's our cleaning company was far larger, and our supply business relatively small. We did alot of fire restoration and large commercial jobs, so we needed a larger employee base than we have now.

I got quite an cultural education from the Vietnamese refugees among them a couple of high ranking officers who clearly had been both corrupt and brutal in South Vietnam, but of course very polite with us.

The most "interesting" group were three women who applied as employees together, and by grooming and behavior led us to quickly believe that they "didn't have any interest in the male employees" to put it mildly.

This had, of course, no bearing on their work status. They kept to themselves, worked hard, and we had no real problems until our youngest, most naive, and strictly religious employee (no, not me) walked in on the three of them at a work site. They were engaged in behavior that left the poor kid in no doubt as to the nature of their relationship, although even at that, the "threesome" must have made it even more of a stunning sight for the poor kid.

We had to let them go, of course. The other employees (more typical "shot and a beer" Pittsburgh types) were envious of the kid who walked in on them. After a few weeks of good natured teasing from our rougher types, he left us too.

I often wonder how he's doing, and if he's ever gotten over that.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
you haven't seen funny until you walk into a bathroom and a Vietnamese person standing on the toilet in the squat positions taking a dump

I walked into the the overweight director of the physical plant banging away on the secetary one day, not a pleasent sight

and have seen high school girls going at each other more then a few times

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
The worst thing I ever saw. "and can't get out of my mind still today"

I was cleaning for a 300 lbs woman. We cleaned the master and master bath. After cleaning the other 3 bedrooms in the house I went back into the master bath to get a fan and there she was, standing in front of the toilet, pants around her ankles, fat rolls and cottage cheese everywhere. She had just got done wiping her butt and was inspecting the used toilet paper!
That was the worst thing I have ever seen.

Getting that check from her after the job was very embarrasing for the both of us.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
A few from when I managed the family 24hr diner.

Working graveyard, one of the servers stands in one of the counters and tells everyone to shut the fuc$ up. I guess he had enough, that place got sooo crazy after the bars closed. Had to let him go though.

We hired a contractor to do some work in one of the bathrooms. He is working one afternoon when we saw one of our crazy customers comming out of the bathroom bleeding from his head. Turns out the contractor banged him a couple of times with his hammer..crazy drunk sob..LOL. We kissed that customer's ass so much after that just so he would'nt sue us. Of course fired the contractor.

Not employee related:
On a busy Saturday (dayshift) a guy tells us he works for the condom machine company (we had condom machines in the bathrooms). He says that they look a little shabby, he will take them with him and bring back a few days later after he paints them. Sure, no problem we said. Next day the owner of the company calls saying that there's a guy claiming the machines are his and he is stealing them. I told him "OOPs, too late".

So many beautiful memories,
Albert

John Watson

Our last employee who wasn't a family member final day at work.

The Kid worked for us during High School evenings and week ends and summers.

After he graduated, he worked 6-7 months full time before heading to College. He came back the next year and went to work for Duponts commercial cleaning division that opened an office in our area. He worked for them for a year till they started shutting down and laying off crews. I hired him back in a heartbeat. Great customer service, was good at up selling, no flippen earring and clean cut. Worked about 6 months.

I was running 1 man on a truck with a floater /shop technician when needed. I always preestamated all new clients back then. When doing the preinspection we came to the sons room,

The client said this was a real chalange since her son had not cleaned his room in 2 years, I couldn't see the carpet. She assured me it would be MT on cleaning day.

On this day the crews had split shifts Noon till 4PM with residential scheduled and 8:30 till 12:30 AM with a late commercial job starting at 9PM. 5:30PM I recieved a phone call from the new client. Evidently she helped her son clean his room and he found a lot of things that had been lost for a couple of years. 1 item was a set of 60 CD's in a special unique type of case. She knew her son placed it on top of his computer desk, because she watched him place it there. When he came home from school he couldn't find it!!! Our guy left about 1/2 hr before he came home. She described the case and a few of the cd's.

Our cleaning crews arrived at the shop at 8:30PM and headed for their job. I went out and looked through the windows of his car and guess what was lying on the passenger seat??? The cd case that was described to me. I called the client I found them and I was calling the police.

Police wanted me to have employee come right in and they would arrest him. Whoa I said, I needed two trucks and crews for this job that would last till about 12:30 AM they could have him then. Otherwise I would have to go take his place. No way.

I called my son who was in charge of the job and explained the situation. He was to call the police when they were finished and take the 3rd man out for coffee while the other truck returned to the shop and was met by the police.

I asked the homeowner to press charges she said yes, but then dropped them when she got the cd's back. The kid told his dad that we let him go because our daughter Christy need a job. I never told him otherwise. Didn't want to break his old mans heart. This was our second employee who we caught stealing from a client in a 2 year period. Helen, Jay and I decided right then and there we would no longer hire anyone except helpers.

tcul

George Wills worked for me for awhile.

On day I left him alone on a job. It was for a sexy stewardess.

I came back to get something and there he was OPing with the woman's panties on his head!

He moved to the south seas in shame!

TC

Scott

We had a guy - about age 21 or so (married with a kid, too!) - who hit on a 16 yr old daughter of a good client. He left a biz. card on her bed when he left.

The client called to let me know what happened. Understandably, she was very irate, as was I.

I pulled the tech in and he started bawling his eyes out saying she said she was 18. He didn't care that he had a wife and kid at home, he was more concerned that the girl lied to him.

He went bye bye.

Scott

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom