Why drive 10 hrs to buy a Judson

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
I have a Jon-Don and an Interlink supply in town and I drove 10 hrs. one way to buy a Judson TNT. Been considering a new truckmount for quite a while and also have been researching for a while. I finally pulled the trigger last week. I got a water well and high flow package. Les, Joyce, Jack and Mike are the real deal. All very knowledgeable. They treated me like I was their best friend. I quess that's a good thing???
First job was a residence today - nylon berber. 150 ft hose run - 30 ft on cold 25 degree concrete. I turned the heat down a few times because the hose was too hot to handle. Where I started was almost dry by the time I was finished - about 3 hrs. And yes the carpeting was sparkling clean. So far I'm thrilled with this beast.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
WTF is that mess?

Have you put Les's drill on ebay yet? Oh maybe I shouldn't have said that.

Les check your tool box.

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
I requested no more holes drilled in the van so everything is held in place with bungee cords and ratchet straps.

Funny you say that. There was one missing. But I didn't sell it...yet

100_3077.jpg

100_3076.jpg

100_3074.jpg

100_3062.jpg

100_3070.jpg

Greenie

For an "ugly" machine, she sure is Purty!

Man, I wish I had something that simple to work on when I cleaned.....or not work on as is the case.

I like the custom blower 2.5 nipple, and belt guard, and new 20hp motor.

Now....about that "plugged" second wand port... :wink:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
who is the convicted felon in the picture and why isn't he holding his Prisoner ID numbers

Chris A

Name
Chris
seems like a great no-frills do-what-you-gotta-do machine.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
That looks like a beautiful machine to me. I haven't run a "slide in" in almost 16 years, but if I had to run one that one or its bigger brother would be my choice.
Are the Judson's ever going to make a heat exchange system? From what I've seen they really know how to build so if they made a HE system it would great!

Sorry, I HATE propane and Kerosene burning BOMBs, I like "free unlimited heat".

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
one port is 2.5" the other 2". I put a hose connector were the plug was and quick caps to cap off which ever oneI'm not using. The 2.5" hose is like wresling an ononconda. I used just the 2" then 2.5 and I can tell the difference.

TimP

captaincarpet said:
That looks like a beautiful machine to me. I haven't run a "slide in" in almost 16 years, but if I had to run one that one or its bigger brother would be my choice.
Are the Judson's ever going to make a heat exchange system? From what I've seen they really know how to build so if they made a HE system it would great!

They do make a heat exchange machine. It's called the Reactor.

G

captaincarpet said:

Because us guys that dont want to buy a 20' box truck just to have 4 giant heat exchangers and a pre heater to do what a 300,000 btu heater can do,and add in a little hot air from the founder :lol:

PS-you dont hate it,you are afraid of it,and diesel has a lower flash point than gas and according to you,your sitting on a bomb everyday

Greenie

richard said:
one port is 2.5" the other 2

Sumbich! That is another upgrade I didn't notice, very nice.

and i agree, there is a certain simplicity and beauty to a LP fired heating system, they will never be totally replaced, and can not be easily matched for performance and reliability by a heat exchanger.

G

Of course when you buy something from someone they are going to respect you for it :lol:

Nice unit!!!!
I'm looking to get a new slid in
so far ProChem is in the lead from my research!

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Kevin,

No, I'm not afraid of propane, I was using propane 30 years ago... how about you?
However for the last 16 years I have been using CDS type machines and have become accustomed to never "running out" of heat, never having to plan my morning around getting propane, not having a "BOMB" attached to my truck etc.
One of the main considerations in purchasing my Aero Tech was 250-300 degree heat without the hastle...get the picture?

I actually tried to reffer a customer to Judson last year and all Les did was try to talk the guy out of a HE system, so I was not aware he sold one. ..(he lost the sale to TCS over it in fact.)

I am not saying propane is "bad", I just prefer the alternative.
Perhaps before you judge me without ANY idea of who I am, or my experiences, you could at least read my profile? Or call me and try to understand what I meant by my post?

888-566-1119 toll free for you BDCC or anyone who wants to chat.

Oh, yes I own an Aero Tech with a #6 blower and am able to maintain 250-300 degrees without a problem... before that I owned a Hydramaster 4.8 W/Salsa that maintained 230-240.

Greenie

simmer down now.

I think Kevin was just trying to point out there are lower cost alternatives to high heat via fuel fired burner, as for bombs, they are all bombs if you ask me, there are lot more engine fires than LP heater fires, doesn't seem to deter anyone, or we'd all be driving electrics regardless of cost and performance.

btw: Les just loves simplicity and dependability, that is the main issue with most HX, so it's hard to not sell a guy a TNT when you know it's a godo deal for the owner operator, for multi-truck Co. I think the Reactor is a sweet deal, idiot proof.

ascrubabove said:
Very nice!
Les, the one I got last month didn't come with a belt guard or that nice shiny tube to the tank, whats up with that? :lol:

James, the difference between this unit and your unit is the newest unit came out of the welding shop. The belt guard and the chrome pipe are just some new things we're trying. The belt guard is something we're going to try to adjust so that it is universal and easy to mount on existing TNT's. When we have that figured out, I'll get you one. We will get you a chrome blower pipe, also. I appreciate you buying the TNT from us. There is really not much difference in what you bought and what you see in the picture.

captaincarpet said:
Kevin,

No, I'm not afraid of propane, I was using propane 30 years ago... how about you?
However for the last 16 years I have been using CDS type machines and have become accustomed to never "running out" of heat, never having to plan my morning around getting propane, not having a "BOMB" attached to my truck etc.
One of the main considerations in purchasing my Aero Tech was 250-300 degree heat without the hastle...get the picture?

I actually tried to reffer a customer to Judson last year and all Les did was try to talk the guy out of a HE system, so I was not aware he sold one. ..(he lost the sale to TCS over it in fact.)

Perhaps before you judge me without ANY idea of who I am, or my experiences, you could at least read my profile? Or call me and try to understand what I meant by my post?

Oh, yes I own an Aero Tech with a #6 blower and am able to maintain 250-300 degrees without a problem... before that I owned a Hydramaster 4.8 W/Salsa that maintained 230-240.

Thomas,
I appreciate you sending me a referral, but when someone talks with me on the telephone, my conversation is not profit-motivated. Any time I talk with someone I will always tell them what is in their best interest, not mine. If I sell a heat-exchange machine, I will make more profit. The TNT is the most proven, trouble-free, high-performance truckmount that has been produced. This statement can be backed by the history of units still in operation that have been in service for more than 25 years. The TNT has a lower operating cost than a comparable heat exchange unit with a 61 yp 4 cylinder engine. The TNT will maintain higher temperatures on Greenies high flow system than the 61 hp 4 cylinder unit. The reason I say this, is that I talk to people all the time that own these large engine heat-exchange units that actually have Little Giant heaters added to them to try to maintain temperature on Greenies high flow system. The base purchase price of these units is around $30,000. The base TNT price is $15,000, but the main deciding factor on the TNT is the low component replacement cost ( engines, etc.) the common parts used to manufacture the TNT that can be found locally. More importantly, I think is the fact that if someone has a problem with the TNT it can be diagnosed and repaired over the telephone, not requiring the owner to take the unit into a repair center. When a unit is designed without exhaust diverters, solenoid valves, temperature switches, relays, a bunch of wires going everywhere, it is going to be a more reliable unit. Again, Tom I do appreciate you sending me a lead.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Nice simple machine. No wonder there are 20+ year old ones out there. The kohler is a nice upgrade. :wink:

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I really do like the simplicity of design in Judson Tm's, and that is why I reffer them.
The reason I didn't think you made HX units is that when the refferal called he said you tried to stear him away from what he had already decided he wanted, namely a HX unit.
I respect your honesty and candor with him, and I know it was not to make a cent that you advised him against a HX unit. However on the other hand he is a 10 year veteran who had for whatever reasons already decided on a HX unit and he didn't buy from you because you talked him out of it.
My friend bought a unit from a local distributor because they sold him what he wanted, not "what they thought was best for him".
If you PM me, I can give you this persons name, and another that bought from the same local distributor in the past year after talking to you...Even though I'm absolutely positive you make better machines than they bought! ( otherwise I would not have reccomended you FIRST )

Please do not take this negatively, I have nothing but respect for you and your equipment.

captaincarpet said:
I really do like the simplicity of design in Judson Tm's, and that is why I reffer them.
The reason I didn't think you made HX units is that when the refferal called he said you tried to stear him away from what he had already decided he wanted, namely a HX unit.
I respect your honesty and candor with him, and I know it was not to make a cent that you advised him against a HX unit. However on the other hand he is a 10 year veteran who had for whatever reasons already decided on a HX unit and he didn't buy from you because you talked him out of it.
My friend bought a unit from a local distributor because they sold him what he wanted, not "what they thought was best for him".
If you PM me, I can give you this persons name, and another that bought from the same local distributor in the past year after talking to you...Even though I'm absolutely positive you make better machines than they bought! ( otherwise I would not have reccomended you FIRST )

Please do not take this negatively, I have nothing but respect for you and your equipment.

Tom,
Thanks. I'm not taking this negatively at all. I see where you're coming from. If a guy is set on a heat-exchanger, at least I know I can sell him one that is fully mechanically controlled, consisting of just one car thermostat as a high temperature control. The heat exchanger unit that we make will only produce 210 degrees. We are fully capable of making the unit go to higher temperatures, but we feel like to gain another 20 degrees we would have to put all of the exhaust diverters, temperature switches, blower preheaters, and other stuff on there....basically create a complicated piece of equipment. It is not worth doing for 20 degrees, because a complicated, broken machine does not produce any temperature. Anyhow, that is just how we see things. To me, the most important thing is reliability. You know Tom, I really can't remember even having a conversation where I actually tried to talk someone out of a heat-exchange unit. But I have so many conversations with people over the phone every day now, that it is difficult for me to keep up with everything. Again, like I said, I do appreciate you keeping me in mind on units. Whenever someone does something nice for me, I always remember it, appreciate it, and will do everything I can to return the favor.

G

captaincarpet said:
Kevin,

I wasnt judging you at all there pal,and thirty years and you still have not figured out that alternative still out performs hx,and that is point.And those figures are a little on the high side :wink

PS-you are the one who refered to it as a bomb so expect to debated about it

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
Steve Lillard said:
Of course when you buy something from someone they are going to respect you for it :lol:

Nice unit!!!!
I'm looking to get a new slid in
so far ProChem is in the lead from my research!

Les and Joyce are as genuine as you can get. I purchased the TNT from Les because it just made sense to me. I can fix anything on this machine and the performance cannot be matched for the price. I see 3 to 5 + truckmount vans waiting to be fixed everytime I visit the local shops. Most are less than 5 years old. Granted some are run by monkeys that have no vested interest in the equipment or company they work for therefore abuse the equipment. I have talked to the shop owners, mechanics and ex-mechanics. For me I believe this was the best investment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom