Why do we instinctively wish for more vacuum to solve our over wetting issues when we should be looking to use less water..

Mikey P

Administrator
Giant truck mounts, 4 to the door, mega wands, with mega flow..

In the long come to mega complaints of slow drawing and wicking.

Why isn't it just instinctual that we turn down the water and use agitation, dwell time and better chemistry to please our customers...

I can't believe the results I'm getting with my 4 flow wand, and some balance.. IMG_20240523_141647.jpg

Bryce C

Name
Bryce

Why isn't it just instinctual that we turn down the water and use agitation, dwell time and better chemistry to please our customers...

I can't believe the results I'm getting with my 4 flow wand, and some balance..View attachment 127281
For now all I have is good agitation, dwell time, and chemistry. Maybe it's a good way to start.

Reactions: ImperialCC

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

I can't believe the results I'm getting with my 4 flow wand, and some balance..View attachment 127281
6 flow has been our go to for many years. Flushes well, even smaller truck mounts can vacuum well enough to leave the carpet dry enough to avoid wicking. Just need to pay attention to what you are doing.

FredC

Village Idiot
Time/Efficiency.

Agitation and dwell time require more time if they are going to replace flushing and agitation via impact. While there are exceptions there is usually an upper limit to the number of dollars a customer is willing to trade for your time there carpet cleaning and you want to make $x.00/hour.

Why wouldn't you want to clean a house with an RV jr? or a bucket and a damp brush...

Reactions: Living The Dream

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Makes me wonder if your four flow hard surface wand isn't putting out twice of what it should, I'll send you some '01s to see if that doesn't fix your problem
Thanks Mike I appreciate the help. I got my portable running so now I can get back to figuring out hard surface rinsing. A two flow might allow my portable vacs to keep up with it better, flow rate has to be in proportion to suction?

Reactions: Giorgio

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady

RotoVacJr to the rescue. I have been continually fine tuning my procedures for several decades. I have mentioned on here several times exactly how I achieve the fastest unassisted dry times available.

Mikey P

Administrator
RotoVacJr to the rescue. I have been continually fine tuning my procedures for several decades. I have mentioned on here several times exactly how I achieve the fastest unassisted dry times available.

Do you clean complete homes with a single 7" RV head?

Which edging tools do you use?

Do you ever use a 12 or 14" wand for lighter soiling situations?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I Love water.
Water flushes the soil and chems away from the carpet.
I'll remove the vac hose from the wand On thick heavily soiled rugs and flush water deeper into the rug. The underside is still dry. and then do however many extraction passes I need to do until no water is in the site glass.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Bigger better truckmount
prespray
crb
keep pressure low under 400 and do dry passes has always worked for me

I would be interested in trying higher flow at low pressure but I really don't know if its needed or would help

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Interesting thoughts as I ponder the idea and ...........stare into the......sun

• Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

But when are you going to come to the conclusion that the Hydra Hoe is the worlds best wand?

Mikey P

Administrator
I bought one from John Olson a couple of years ago and it turned it into a real screamer. Unfortunately, I sold it with a used truck mount. The glide made a great improvement. The wand is as tall as most other ones.
The biggest drawback is the straight tube and the ability to get under furniture as far as low profile s-bends

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I have a 1.5 and a 2” and have never liked any other wand. I don’t like offsets for some reason. I have a glide on the 2 inch for cleaning rugs and carpets where the 1.5 will lock down on the carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom