Who uses a thermo valve?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Cat pump thermo valve or similar.

Do they work without fail?
Does it cause water dump without interruption to your wanding or is there a delay of a few seconds pause until the hot water is discharge?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
They should fail at open, which means you will see a constant discharge to your recovery tank, unless your unit diverts it elsewhere.

so if the unit does divert elsewhere, the thermo valve should only become active if that the first (diverter) source fails.
Is that correct?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
so if the unit does divert elsewhere, the thermo valve should only become active if that the first (diverter) source fails.
Is that correct?
The thermal valve should be plumbed to be the first diverter source. And like Jim said, when it fails, it just remains open and your recovery tank will fill up much faster, only affecting the lack of heat in the machine.

Which specific truck mount are you working on?

Reactions: SamIam

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I’m not allowed E to Z list the name 27 the machine 47 cause it violates the King Willy Wonka Mikey bylaws enforced by the Oompas.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I do have a Johns hot heat exchange ss bypass diverter box I bought from John years ago. One of the best purchases made for my lava hot volcanic heat producing machine with a #4 blower that will suck your entire body into the waste tank if I don’t have my seat belt clicked.

So with this thermo valve, thought to add a little more protection for the pump.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Yes, I use one. The stock on that Sapphire puts on their TM's is a 160 degree. That thing failed all the time. I finally changed it to a 180 degree years ago and have been problem free ever since.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yes, I use one. The stock on that Sapphire puts on their TM's is a 160 degree. That thing failed all the time. I finally changed it to a 180 degree years ago and have been problem free ever since.
Is your 870 the plastic water box or the metal one under pressure?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Reactions: icleancarpetz

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom