Who on this board is a Stratigies For Success Alumi???

John Watson

Who would like to be???

I can proudly say Yay to the first question. Fall Class of 1997.

I had heard how about this whole new way to teach us carpet cleaners a new way to run our business instead of our business running us. Getting more work than we could handle.

This Guy named Steve Toburen (Whom I bought his Service on the Homefront and other tape series back in 1991) and Chuck Violand (I called him upchuck, cause I still get sick for not following all his advice when I was his client in 95-96) and it was only going to be taught 2 times a year in the Chicago area.

My best friend, the late Roger James and I went. I was not in the best of shape, the doctor had just removed the cast and rods from my left arm and my chest was still slowly healing. My road rash was starting to clear up. ( 853 LBS landed on me.but no chest bones were broke, Just tore the cartilage , Like open heart surgery. took over a year to heal) because on June 29th of 97 Helen and I had a flat at 70MPH on our Goldwing motorcycle, towing a trailer in the middle of nowhere 168 mi N of Vegas and it was 105 degrees.

Sorry about that I get carried away,, I said then, right after the class and I still say it now. If you want to grow your business without alot of new tricks or same old stuff you hear from all the other to good to be truers go to this class.. If you need to beg barrow or steal do it. It will pay for it's self time and time again.

As you have been reading and hearing, This class is making it's first appearance on the West Coast at their new JonDon facility in Portland.

Her check it out your self, http://www.jondon.com/trained/sfs

In my 27 years of being professional student, (Cleaning supports my Habit) This is the Best 5 day class to ever be on the West Coast for business management and growth.

Helen and I are going. (IF you come bring Helen a birthday present it the 14th) This class is worth repeat after repeat. I have heard from a good source that it is way better than the one I attended back in 97 and now they even have this Billy guy with them.(I started talking to Bill in 85-86 when he was with Bane)

I know 50 plus Mikey board viewers are from WA, there is quite a few from Oregon, and lets not forget all the slackers in N Californiay.

I think I just figured out why the first class is in Portland.....
They didn't want to forget about you prune pickers and winos from South of the Oregon Border.

Can they promise you a Vortex in your driveway??? Sure, If you implement just 1/2 of whats taught at this week long class I would be willing to bet money on it.

One other thing, The little I know of John and Nick and sweet Angela, There is going to be a party and feast that will not be compared to any you have been to before. They know how to do it and do it right.

Scottie

Yes, Myself and my wife are alumni. I highly recommend that your spouse attend also, It is great to have the support of someone who is on the same track. And who better than the one who you really run the business for. :wink:

Dan Joner

John,

I have not been to a SFS, but I am registered for Portland. I look forward to seeing you there.

Dan

John Watson

Dan Dan the PT man,, Great Looking forward to see you and spending a moment or two chatting with a long time friend..

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Yes~ I'm a 2 timer myself as well as I have sent a few managers. You will be amazed, that as good as it was then it is even better now.

Steve, Bill & Chuck are always sharpening their saws, learning and improving so I think like me you will find it a great use of time and incredible value.

Ken

G

roselle - january '05.

attended before my business was conceived...i don't think i would have lasted 12 months had i not. attending saved me from having to learn years of lessons the hard way...like many people do...through trial & error.

...planning a second go of it sometime in '08.

G

Yes. I went in the winter of ........04? 05? Can't remember, but I was in Atlanta, I think the first class they had there.

Mike Brummett

I went to the most recent one in Dallas and it was as good as everyone says, no b.s., serious stuff.

One thing you may find disconcerting though.....

You could meet some Chem-Dry folks there and discover that they are decent hard working people, just like you!

MIKE

harryhides

Name
Tony
Two timer here too.
I didn't understand too much of it but the food was good.
Plus I had to listen to Steve blather on for three whole days, I bet it's much better now with Bill on the team.

But they did have the best darned manuals I ever saw.
Maybe I should go back again.

Becker

Name
Becker
what is the cost of it?

I guess they have one coming up in Portland next month.

I spent last weekend in hotels, last night in a hotel, and next weekend will be spent in hotels. I guess I could keep on with the trend and hotel it in Portland for a couple of nights.

JonDons site does not list price.

I guess if you have to ask you cant afford it.

Better just call and book it and see what all the huff is about.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Wow, Becker. I hate to say it but you are right. I went to the web site and checked. I'm embarrassed and we'll get it fixed first thing Monday. But meanwhile ...

Our regular price for Strategies for Success is 795.00 for the five day seminar. BUT if you sign up 30 days or more before the class you save 100.00 with our early bird discount which brings it down to 695.00. Since the Portland class (the only one this year for the West Coast) is May 14-18 obviously the 30 days pre-registration will be tight! HOWEVER, for board members, if you call and register this week (800-622-7629) just tell them that I approved the 100.00 early bird discount through next Friday, April 20th. (In all fairness we have been tardy getting the word out on the Portland seminar.)

BUT, Becker, it gets even better. If you have spent 5,000.00 with Jon-Don this year the course if FREE. Or if you haven't reached that level yet and are thinking of a new truck mount or a few dehumidifiers now is the time to buy them! OR if you have spent 3,000.00 the seminar is half price.

However much you pay what do you get for your five day investment of time? (Which of course is the true cost!) Simply put, SFS is an intensive, college level management and marketing course specifically developed for the carpet cleaning and restoration industry. Even better, the seminar includes over 900 pages of systems and procedures in two huge manuals that have been developed and tested over a thirty years period by cleaners actually working down in the trenches. (Our SFS membership numbers almost 2,000 industry professionals that share information on a regular basis with our quarterly TIPS mailing. This is an incredibly powerful network AND with your attendance at Strategies you receive a free lifetime membership.)

I should also mention (since everyone else does) that the inimitable Nick Paolella (part owner of Jon-Don) insists on attending every SFS just to make the food arrangements are perfect. So as part of the seminar you receive continental breakfasts, great snack breaks and a gourmet lunch every day plus Nick springs for dinner and drinks for the entire class on Wednesday night!

But wait ... there's more. Jon-Don pays Big Billy Yeadon and I a monthly retainer to do consulting exclusively for our SFS members. They can write or call us and we will do extensive interviewing and provide an in-depth report with our suggestions and yes- this service is also free for our Strategies members! (With all this "free" stuff I've never figgered out why Marty Sutley can't get himself to SFS!)

OK, I've gone on long enough. If you want more information just write me at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com and I'll e-mail you an "orientation letter" all about our SFS program. Or give me a call tonight or tomorrow on my cell phone- 816-588-0211. I'm in Kansas City (Central Time Zone) right now and will be going home to the Dominican Republic on Tuesday morning. But I am all yours till then!

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS While I'm out of the country you can always call Billy Yeadon on his cell phone with SFS questions- 317-201-7670. Bill has a house in Indiana but since he LIVES at Starbucks I'd say you can call him at any hour!

PPS We also have a great SFS "orientation DVD" starring yours truly. But the new version is getting produced and we are out of stock. So to get the early bird discount for Portland you'll have to go with my e-mailed orientation letter, calling Bill or I OR just trust the industry experts above. They are a tough crowd to please! After all, if we can make an industry curmudgeon like Tony Wheelwright happy we must be on to something good!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
SFS IS CHEAP

SFS IS CHEAPer, for you guys.

Add another 7 - 8 grand for airfares and accommodation and that's about what it cost me.

Big Bill wants me to come again, but I think Super Steve recently said they, review and update every two years, so I might wait for another 15 months and go the whole hog ;-)

For the price I paid, and the value I got, I feel embarrassed when I write the check.

Take the international airfares off, and SFS is still a bargain.

Gotta see if there is one on when Connections rolls around in September.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Hey Shorty,

Talk about serendipity. September 17-21, 2007 in Roselle once again. All that good Nick Paolella tucker and alumni attendees tell me they learn more the second time around.

Steve

PS I tell your joke about the wife's golf clubs at every SFS class now so you better show up with some new ones!

Scott

Sorry for the off-topic reply. Just checking if Steve T. received my email yesterday regarding lease/purchasing.

Scott

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Has it really been that long, Richard? And you've been whining around all these years how you really need to come back! Whine no longer! Yeadon (who wasn't with the program in 1999 and has added immeasurably to the seminar) says that Portland micro-brews kick butt over those foo-foo Mexican beers. (I'm a Tecate man myself.)

So Richard, I'll see you (or at the very least some of your key managers) in Portland May 14-18! (If not, have a great spring!)

Steve

PS Sorry, Scott. Yes, I did receive your e-mail yesterday I think. Something is flaky with my e-mail. I have some sort of "Update error" and I have to debug every time I open it. So I am way behind on e-mails. But I will follow up on your info. And thank you.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Sheesh, Richard. Talk about DEMANDING CLIENTS! OK, it doesn't get much better than this. I have rejuggled our entire SFS seminar schedule just for you.

Kansas City Chiefs at Chicago- Sunday, September16th 4:15 PM

Strategies for Success seminar- Starts Monday, September 17th 8:30 AM

Would you like me to make your plane/hotel reservations? Hot chocolate and turn down service? See you there and don't wait too long to sign up. We sell out Roselle seminars early.

Steve Toburen CR
Social Director and Head Lackey
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS Before I lay on too much personal guilt with the "rejuggling" it was Yeadon who laid out our 2007 schedule. No doubt he took the Bears schedule into account.

Dan Joner

I'm going to the class in Portland, but are there going to be a lot of PSs?

You know, I'll bet that if Marty attended the class time would be cut to about 3 days because he would demand the abridged edition - his attention span being so shot and all.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Marty will be with us one day- in his own time.

Steve

PS He already knows how to attend FREE. The problem is Marty's wife won't let him out of the kitchen.

And yes, SFS is just one PS after another. After all, the entire concept of the PS was based on the old "hey, I gotta tell you just one more great thing". When you have a network of almost 2,000 of the best people in the industry sending in their best ideas, inevitably there will be a lot of PS's.

Back
Top Bottom