Who here markets like Buc-ee's ?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Signs.html

I'm not suggesting getting billboard sign. I'm focusing on what their signs are saying. They're more like planting a seed, hunting for the long road drivers, not the immediate shoppers. One of those signs is marketing to drivers over 700 miles away!

Reactions: Living The Dream

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
You're absolutely right about Buc-ee's unique marketing strategy. They have been successful in creating a brand that is not only a retail store but also a destination. Their billboard strategy is indeed innovative and goes against the grain of traditional marketing practices.

Instead of focusing on immediate sales, Buc-ee's billboards are designed to create a sense of anticipation and curiosity among drivers. The signs are often humorous, quirky, and sometimes even bizarre, which makes them stand out from the typical roadside advertisement. They're memorable, and that's key in marketing.

The fact that they're marketing to drivers over 700 miles away is a testament to their long-term vision. They're not just selling products; they're selling an experience. This strategy is about building a relationship with the customer, making them feel like they're part of a unique community, and ensuring they'll stop by Buc-ee's whenever they're on the road.

In terms of applying this to your own business, it's essential to think about how you can create a similar sense of anticipation and excitement among your potential customers. This doesn't necessarily mean you need to invest in billboards, but it does mean you need to think outside of the box when it comes to your marketing strategy.

Remember, it's not just about the product you're selling; it's about the experience you're providing. Whether it's through social media, email marketing, or even your storefront, every interaction with your brand should leave your customers feeling excited and eager to return.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
they still don't have shit on South of the Border sign wise

but the brisket sandwiches are tasty and the bathrooms are clean
I have yet to go to one. I just see the signs in my area on the interstate and I'm just wondering what percentage they're reeling in.

FredC

Village Idiot
I have yet to go to one. I just see the signs in my area on the interstate and I'm just wondering what percentage they're reeling in.

a good percentage. I go to the ones in Macon, Montgomery (edit: Auburn), Florence, and Adairsville and they are usually packed. Haven't been to the ones in Texas/elsewhere but my wife goes several times a year and says they are the same way.

FredC

Village Idiot
I think Macon mid week was least packed. It probably slows down other times but I usually take me stopping there around lunch/dinner so it’s probably peak times

not sure why the gopro app decided to autofook up my vid/audio

Reactions: Mike J and BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yeah I see all these small owner/op businesses thinking if they just spend about $300/month on google, they’ll get instant business and then cut it off after the 3rd month. I can’t tell you how many conversations I’ve been in and I try to tell them it’s a seed that’s planted, not instant ROI

the same thing with sone of these guys rolling around with just a white van/no logo and get grumpy because they’re slow. I’ve been in the same conversation trying to tell them

I see these buc-ees signs the same type of seed planting.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Matt, Are you really concerned with marketing? You have been at this for years. You should be at the point where you are turning down jobs because you just don't want the work. I have over 2k customers and my phone rings constantly with repeat customers. I don't advertise at all and I'm now charging $ .55 per sqft and I don't move furniture, or haggle on price. You should be at this point also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt, Are you really concerned with marketing? You have been at this for years. You should be at the point where you are turning down jobs because you just don't want the work. I have over 2k customers and my phone rings constantly with repeat customers. I don't advertise at all and I'm now charging $ .55 per sqft and I don't move furniture, or haggle on price. You should be at this point also.
No I’m not concerned about my business. Did you read my other posts? I’m just talking about the other guys who complained about being slow

My business is booming.

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Look at the likes, shares and comments. This popped up just 2days ago in the local city page

0C54FD1F-50DB-422E-9D96-BC695CCA24D2.png 9B2E38CC-FFDC-496A-866F-43CA272C62B5.png

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Jimmy A-Eye here and another way to increase your image in your local area is to give the perception of a bigger company. And one way is on your van to put a decal on each side of your van. For instance on the drivers side put VAN # 1, on the other side VAN #2, Front and back with VAN #3 and VAN #4. And just so people know someone is different driving every day wear a stick on mustache or hair piece.

Mikey P

Administrator
That company also pays their people very well. Store managers can make over 250k and entry level jobs pay over $20 an hour around here.

They are a great example of the store experience matching the marketing. They aren’t just talk.
Most carpet cleaning companies can't or won't pay $20, unless the tech upsells on every job, thus removing most any chance of getting called back.

It's a vicious circle.

Name
Jeff T
I thought you have one van?

Define Empire.

sorry, couldn't resist.
Simply that CC has been the vehicle that has allowed us to venture into other businesses.

This isn’t our only revenue stream…

And for clarity, I said ‘small empire’.

Oh, and Marty, IDGAF if anyone follows my advice.

I have no need for followers. No interest at all.

No hard feelings Captain.

Carry on….

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom