Who here has dropped their prices?

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Mr. Snow and Mr. Gill,

Do you have caller ID pulling up custy info and history?

If 5% of the people aint complaining, you aint charging enough

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
yes we have caller id but we also have a computer system, when the call is answered and the customer is identified they are put into the computer on the spot..in a matter of seconds their history is up and at that point you can ask them about their dog or what ever special note you have in the computer for them. 90% of the time they are really surprised that we remembered "that" or their pets name or whatever we feel is important to them.
it is just one more thing to make them life long customers and give them no reason to ever call anyone else..because no one remembers them like we do.

i cant speak for ken but that is how it is done in my operation.

Name
Ron lippold
Kris I use operation software and have been using it for over 2 years now great program and Joe is a great guy and is there anytime i need him

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
our booking system is old school and out dated but suits us fine for now. it consists of 4 1/2 wall sized dry erase boards they get dated and lined and the terrratories are color coded. so when someone calls in a certain zip code a glance at the boards puts you in that area and we fill up from there. i am sure we will have to update the system sometime in the future but we really love the system now. it is really easy for everyone to use and at a glance you can see what you have and what you need.
dave

thanks for the link..i am playing with it now. i will let you know if i feel it will make us move forward or stay where we are.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have kept my prices the same however have lowered my minimum a little bit. the reason being is alot of people I deal with want alot of work done but cant afford it all at once so they may do a room or two at a time

Matthew

How is it gas prices can go up and down and no choice for their customers, but carpet cleaners have to woooorrrrrryyyyy! It's like gas prices screw everything up! Millions are being made a day, while hundreds of thousands from carpet cleaners. Tired of prices being the 1 number one issue. I would like to beat the hell out of an oil tycoon. Especially the CEO of Exxon.

Pretty soon price is not going to be an issue because, either the economy will go up or it will sink. Either way you can't follow the crowds. You have to get paid for what your worth. In this economy everyone is going with the cheapest right? Not from my customers. They know they are going to get excellent service, and I'm one of the cheapest in town aside from the bait and switch guys who end up charging 3 times what I charge.

New customers don't even call, because I advertise my prices :twisted: If they like my price we already have a deal :roll:

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm running a "winter special" but I really don't think when it is this cold out anyone is thinking about carpet cleaning... I thought, running a special in winter was going to change minds but no... "It's too damn cold to have our carpets cleaned" I think is the general thought here... I won't run that offer next year unless this first quarter turns around quick!! My special will run untill March 15 so I am (trying to plant the seed) thinking March will be good... So far about 4,500 flyers and two calls! :cry:

I will continue to do the flyers but they have been pretty discouraging so far for winter..

Name
Kevin McCreary
Mikey P said:
I raised my prices 20% on new years day and now thanks to my free MEM cards I am booked until Feb 24th

I would loose money, clients and they would be pissed if they couldn't get in for a month. Sounds like you

need another truck

Matthew

Some clients I have actually raised my prices with, but not others. Who you might ask. Well, someone calls me from 2-3 years ago, well my prices have definitely gone up. Because just 2-3 years ago everything was a little cheaper. Now food and clothing and my bills are up. And my bills are many. I won't bore out all the details.

Plus, my prices have gone up because I can't make a living any other way. My disposable income all goes to my wife. :(

-JB-

Name
JB
And my bills are many. I won't bore out all the details.

Plus, my prices have gone up because I can't make a living any other way. My disposable income all goes to my wife. :(

DANGEROUS way to run a business, doable, buy DANGEROUS! Trust me.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Ken Snow ordered this system but had it reconfigured for carpet cleaning

q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4LtYMNl4ywq]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom