Who gets the bill?

Name
Swani
One of our long term customers has a rental house that the tenants were moving out of. We went and bid the job and the tenant stated she only wanted me to bid the 1200 sq. Ft of carpet and 17 steps. When we went to clean the property owner was there and said she also wanted the tile done. Tile was only around 250 sq ft. So we did as the owner asked. So today we messaged the tenants for info on where to send bill and they have stated that they are only paying for the carpet and anything extra goes to the owner. The situation is even weirder because the tenant and owner are friends and no deposit was ever put down. I personally think the tenant needs to pay the total bill but when I did the quote she did state she only wanted the carpet quoted. I understand this is just as much my fault for not clarifying this before I started. Any info on how to be as diplomatic about this as possible would be great.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the tenant stated she only wanted me to bid the 1200 sq. Ft of carpet and 17 steps

When we went to clean the property owner was there and said she also wanted the tile done

why you over thinking this, Nick?

two invoices
One for tile to owner
One for carpet to tenant

..L.T.A.

Name
Swani
why you over thinking this, Nick?

two invoices
One for tile to owner
One for carpet to tenant

..L.T.A.
I always overthinking everything lol. But each party thinks the other one is responsible for the tile. I think I'm just going to eat the cost of the tile to not cause any issues. Lesson learned. When the owner asked me to do tile I should have stated tenant only wanted the carpet bid.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
But each party thinks the other one is responsible for the tile

not your fault
It's theirs

I think I'm just going to eat the cost of the tile to not cause any issues.

that's mighty white of you, Son
and if both will continue to be good regular custys , and you think rocking the boat would lose one or both, it might be worth it for you to eat the $150 you're owed....

BUTT.... you don't have to, and shouldn't feel compelled to do so over their lack of communication with each other

cause none of this is "your" fault
The tenant asked for a service you provided
The owner asked for a service you provided

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom