Who else gets this tax notice bill for their equipment?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm posting this picture of this tax matter that I get for using my truckmount. I don't feel it's ethically right, because if it weren't for this machine, I wouldn't be paying them any tax on my income via state and federal, any tax on my box truck tag, and I wouldn't have paid the sales tax when I purchased my truckmount.

So I'm considering filing an appeal this time under the (1) County board of equalization on the fact that it shouldn't have taxability. You'll see it in the A section below.

My question is,
Who else gets ripped off like this?
Has anyone else filed a written appeal on this matter and won?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Look at section a

E814F382-45E9-4078-AB7A-EE7B900228B2.jpeg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I don't get that here in California, but when I had all my rentals in Tulsa Ok, I would get taxed for every Refrigerator and dishwasher I owned. I never paid it once. It just seemed odd to me.

Last edited:

J20770

Name
Jason
It's the business property tax return, everyone in states that charge property tax get that bill. They get the value amount from your tax return. Talk to your accountant to get it depreciated at a faster rate. At some point you'll pay the minimum tax.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I say ignore it. In the top and in bold print it says it's not a bill. Let it ride and see what happens. Maybe nothing, maybe fake fishing scam?
But im not a tax accountant. So ask your CPA.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I say ignore it. In the top and in bold print it says it's not a bill. Let it ride and see what happens. Maybe nothing, maybe fake fishing scam?
But im not a tax accountant. So ask your CPA.
Nope, they'll send me a bill around november every year. It's something I've been paying that I'm just tired of paying for.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Matt we have to pay property tax on our equipment in AL too. Just one more way they dip in our pockets for not being a drone...

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
You can ignore that, cause it’s not a bill. Appeal won’t do any good. Different states have different forms of property or personal property tax. Buy a vehicle in Ok. You pay excise tax plus tag. In Ark. it’s property tax. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Back
Top Bottom