WhatwoodUdo ???

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
I'll try to keep this short, as judging by most posts it appears that many Cleaners here are illiterate.

I had a strange call three days ago. Customer claims we booked a job for Saturday morning at 9:00.
I do not recall the name or booking the job, but agree to come and clean if I can start earlier( incase he actually booked the job with someone else.)

My computer was in the shop until yesterday, I reinstalled it in the afternoon and found that this fellow was actually an Exact Match ($19)
on Service Magic. He assumed that his inquiry was actually a booking. So I felt better that I'd be the only cleaner on site.

About 3 miles from the job site I pass a competitor and wave. He begins to follow me turn for turn. I thought NAH this isn't happening.

I pull into the site and he slows down, looks at me, and continues on. I introduce myself to the client and progress thru the inspection with all of the little nuances of a SFS graduate.

Well the other company pulled up and began talking with the customer outside, insisting that they booked first.

I finished my measurements (with my digital tape, which impresses most customers) and walked outside............
WHATWOODUDO ???
PS. Ask me about Service Magic

TimP

Me personally, I'd give the customer my quote. Tell them what my service includes, and be pretty specific.

State to the other company that I was called to come out here to do a job, if you feel the need. They are under no obligation to use me as they are under no obligation to use you either.

Let the other company do their thing if the other company wants to and the customer allows them.

Then let the customer decide. I'd think by not showing your ass and being pushy that you'd win the job. If not you'll most likely have the customer call you next time. If not it's not meant to be.

I have had this happen where the original company was late and never called and the customer freaks and calls someone else. If I am in the neighborhood, I don't mind swinging by to take a look. Well here comes the other company. The problem is they show up with portables or their trucks look trashy, and even though my quote is certainly higher they let me do the cleaning. I know who is reputable in my area, and if another cleaner showed up at the same time as me I would have no problem splitting the job up and getting it done twice as fast as long as they were reputable and professional.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Gotta love servicemagic.

If they do nothing else for me, but make me work on my marketing more every time I get a lead from them.

I would lay low like Tim said. Give the custy 5 or 10 mins with the other cleaner while I set up my truck and assume to be doing the job.

Shortest hose run wins the job!!

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
haha...if the other guy was ignorant at all i would offer to clean 1/2 a room and he do the other 1/2 and who ever was cleaner gets the job and the other pays the bill..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
WHISKER said:
I'll try to keep this short, as judging by most posts it appears that many Cleaners here are illiterate.

LOL, since you insulted me and most of my friends here with your first sentence, I think you should take you iMpReSsIve digi tape measure and canned SFS psychological manipulation tactics and find someone that gives a rat's ass.... :twisted:

i donno what comes over me sometimes..... :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
cut him some slack...he is from pa, would you expect anything else...
sorry ron you are the exception..and i have family that lives in western pa so i can say what i want..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
davegill said:
cut him some slack...he is from pa, would you expect anything else...
sorry ron you are the exception..and i have family that lives in western pa so i can say what i want..

actually I like western PA
Good folks there.

he's from Lancaster with all those inbred Yoaders on the other side of the state

..L.T.A.

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
No one asked what I did ?

Well, I told the customer that I understand his mistake and I would be more than happy to share the job with my competition.
My competitor wanted to be sure I charged enough to share with him.
I booked the job at probably over double his estimate, (3 small rooms and hall $232.16) so he was happy to share.
I introduced him to what a vacuum was, let him vac while I presprayed, then I brought in my Procaps and showed him what Pre-scrubbing was all about, we completed the job with my Green Glided wand, he was amazed with the glide.
Customer was thrilled and we both made some money.

I just can't figue out how an established company can be so far in the dark with technique and technology.

Meat,
In my two years of owning my own Company, I have been to 11 Carpet Cleaning related classes, including SFS, which has more than paid for itself. I didn't mean to insult you or your pals, NAH I did ! How can someone run a company that doesn't know how to spell ?

PS. I'm from Pittsburgh, not to far from your toothless, fat, Backwoods Buckeye ass anyhow.LOL

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
WHISKER said:
PS. I'm from Pittsburgh, not to far from your toothless, fat, Backwoods Buckeye ass anyhow.LOL

now that more like it.

you coal dust, coke oven, soot breathing, ridge running HICK!!

PS..tell me how pHicksburghers spell the plural for "you" .
is it "youinz" or "yinz" ?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Back
Top Bottom