what's you average hose run??

my average hose run is

• Total voters

Bob Foster

90% of the time

2 lengths of 50'
From the truck to the door I have 50' of 2.5 and most of the time that one I could have got away with about 30 feet. I usually have my connector just inside the front door threshold and use my super flexible 2 inch for the full house.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
FCC said:
don't know the exact percentage but it seems most houses I pull 150-200

wow..that's a bunch.

most of the trailers here have drives close to the fake cement fiberglass entry steps

..L.T.A.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
21.75 ft from my Desk to the COFFEEMAKER.......

16.32 ft from my Desk to the BATHROOM...........

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
run a 100 feet and I have an end piece of about 35 I add mostly and these are large homes. some of the smaller homes require more hose. you have to pull it in and then all the way to the back and then down to the basement etc etc

My hose has stretched out a lot. I would bet my two 50 footers are now probably 110 feet. Anyways I am going to cut one of my 50' sections into (2) 25' sections and have a 50' off the reel then the two 25's. 75 feet will get a lot of my jobs, and 100' about 90 percent. Commercial is 150' on most jobs.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
better check your vac then because you should be getting shorter and crunched and then cut off so you should be losing length. Maybe run a test on your machine

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I pull 2 as much as possible

sometimes it seems it is easier on the vac hose if I pull out 100', 50' of 2.5 and 25' of 2" along with the heat and vacuum makes the vac hose want to collapse

just ordered oneof those bend restrictor things from the Green one

my 50' hose ends up 48' with vacuum, shrinks worse then GrOuND MeAT on
a cold day out fishing for metalheads :shock:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
FCC said:
Matt Murdock said:
that is still only 150ft tops. small compared to most of mine

Its a yesterday pic not an example of the largest houses I do (just an example of our trailers). I wish I lived somewhere where 6300 sq ft was small though. The setup inside made it take more even after going through the window. Couldn't go through on the second floor.

Between multiple levels, parking access, and weird interior layouts 150-200 isn't uncommon. Closer to 150 but the poll didn't give 10 foot increments. Sorry

Edit: I don't usually take risk photos but that was for a realtor

OHHH STFU.... :x :x :x

wahhhh i wish i had less money

i wish my job was tougher

booo hooooo

thats ok cuz the yard is shitty....and whats with your 80 chev van there???

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I wish I lived somewhere where 6300 sq ft was small though.

shut up

Kevin

That's a normal size house in this area. Now I can show you some big houses down in Potomac MD and Great Falls VA. Abe Pollens has a Monster but not the biggest. Gonzales has a house that is the largest I have ben in. The Kennedy-Shriver Compound off of River RD is huge too.

Name
Kevin McCreary
A guy at Butler once told me you only had to reel of what you needed. So I ran in 75ft and left 50ft
on the reel and it didn't work too well. Why on earth would anyone EVER want a live vac reel.

Normal runs for us are 100-150 X 2 (DUAL)

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ok kevin can shut up to....

and yes maybe i am having big house envy :x :x :x

screw it, no i aint...to ME those houses/owners would be more of a pita then its worth..

just sounds like you guys are on the "my dicks bigger then yours kick"

Name
Ron lippold
i park in the street so my runs are a little longer than they need to be. I also have a wrap and the strongest truck mount in the industry. 8)

Name
Ron lippold
I have the walk up version of the vortex. It works out great for drive bys. More visable to potiental clients. It also helps keep the noise out of the house. I like to make that noise bounce off the neighbors houses. 500 this week from walk ups.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron Lippold said:
I have the walk up version of the vortex. It works out great for drive bys. More visable to potiental clients. It also helps keep the noise out of the house. I like to make that noise bounce off the neighbors houses.

ahh, gotcha

thanks

..L.T.A.

G

Ron Lippold said:
I have the walk up version of the vortex. It works out great for drive bys. More visable to potiental clients. It also helps keep the noise out of the house. I like to make that noise bounce off the neighbors houses. 500 this week from walk ups.
That noise is bouncing off the whole tract :D

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
FCC said:
I wish I lived somewhere where 6300 sq ft was small though.

Yeah, no you don't. Some of the houses in my area can top 20k sf and I have no interest in doing work in them. They are too much work and time consuming compared a normal 3-5k sf house.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
FCC said:
Man...I wish we had houses that big in Atlanta so I could decide for myself............

No you dont....

now sit down, shut up and do what your told :wink: :wink: :wink:

Papa

FCC said:
grouNd meAt said:
FCC said:

wow..that's a bunch.

most of the trailers here have drives close to the fake cement fiberglass entry steps

..L.T.A.

Maybe you should put your flyers out in different neighborhoods. ;) Guess I'll have to take pics of each one for you.

Yesterday's trailer...........
023800x600-2.jpg

Damn that van looks like shit next to that house!!!

Becker

Name
Becker
Back in Snohomish I use to get away with 100ft so often.
Most were 2 story homes, about 2000-3000 sq ft.
Most 2 story homes have the stairs near the entrance.

Here more and more homes have basements, and the stairs leading to the basement might be at the back of the house, The house might even be smaller, but hose runs are longer.

Plus spokane is not land broke, so lots are often bigger, so parking might be a tad further than a larger population area.

Back
Top Bottom