What's the magic Whole House number new customers are looking for?

Mikey P

Administrator
If Mrs Johnson see a carpet cleaner across the street at Mrs Pifteltons, in their middle class trackhome neighborhood where both hubby and the Mrs works to make ends meet, what price range is Mrs P wanting to hear that would make her call your franchise looking multi truck company.

She asked Mr J "how does it look and how much did it cost", nothing about the tech's personality or if he had green patches on his uniform, tarps, corner guards, mintyfreshbreath, able to polish stone counters or any other fluff that owner ops need to have in order to charge twice whatever the number is you come up with...

So in other words, IF you wanted to run 5 or more truck in your city what would you have to charge to keep those 5 trucks moving?

Reactions: Ed Valentine

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I can't tawk about others but around the "park" everyone loves that $49.95 per mobile home. Double that for double wides.

Imagine parking your truck and just dragging hose from one to another!

ALL DEY LONG SUCKERS!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
For an average 5 rooms, hall, stairs empty or just traffic areas, I'm usually $250. Furnished, have to scrub or extra stairs add another $50. It depends on where the job is. My area is mostly blue collar. More upscale areas are a little pricier. The further away you live from me, going to cost a little more.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Our 5/199 special has done really well for us. Often turns into $300+ when the bedrooms or furniture is added on

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Jeff T
I had a well known plumbing company out to snake a drain in the floor of my laundry room.
He was in and out in 20 minutes, and the bill was 360$.
I never questioned the price. I just wrote the check.
Why on earth do people question our prices?
I had one today, bedroom, living room, lower landing, and 2 crap area rugs in the driveway.
I quoted 140, and he replied ‘there’s another company that advertises 99$.
My reply was ‘if you feel that they will do a more thorough job for the price, please call them..’
He said ‘go ahead and clean’
Between corner guards, prevac, power agitated, and minty fresh breath, they were happy to pay my price....
IDK, I’m higher than most guys in my area, but, I KNOW I DO A BETTER JOB....

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
$350-400 pretty standard for tract homes that are around $600k

any company I call for anything on my house is about that too, even roto rooter to snake a drain.. I paid $435

Name
BradFenstermaker
$25 a area here may keep 3 trucks busy. That's with .10 sqft commercial too. $45-$50 apartments all day long in the mix also.

With those companies your lucky if TM is up to par. Low psi or bad motor or low vac.
But hey if it squirts and sucks DO THE JOB!

I question my higher charge every time I increase. But being busy as He!! doesn't mean your making money.

Pig Farmer taught me that 16 yrs ago. Thanks Marty!!

I think at the lower residential rate I could make money if could schedule 5-10 min drives. Then have to make myself not over clean every job too. Easier said than done.

Mikey P

Administrator
Now ask yourself, what could you charge if Mrs Johnson was only concerned about how likeable, skillful and honest the technician was?

Double.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
yeah, not in the mood for scripture today....

KABOOM!

I did that for Marty

He has to be tired of me quoting Shakespeare and Tolstoy, so I thought I'd give him something he'd like better.

I'll be more circumspect and quote southern authors for him instead. He might like James Dickey....

Reactions: hogjowl

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
we went to sqft pricing but then switched back... the difference is suddenly I had to go on every job while with area pricing I never need to see it.

so much easier for a tech to total the jobs up on the go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom