Whats the best crevice tool? or alternative?

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Looking for a better set up for really getting after filtration lines, what are you guys using lately?

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
short hand tool with tech bending over, or hitting them straight on with a wand.

what do you guys use? @Mikey P

Name
Steve Lawrence
We have the PMF edge blasters

This is a great tool for filtration soil.

For dusting office edges I prefer a round dusting tool on the end of plastic (won't mess up computers if you touch them especially when vacuuming under desks) tubing (old Kirby tubes are best for this--very ergonomic and light).

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Here are some options. Everyone has their favorite.

Here are some of the tools that can help.

https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AW80A

https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AW49

https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AW72

There is also a nice triangle shaped brush that you can thread onto your own handle. Gets edges very easily from standing position. About $14. I could not find a link to website.

Vapor steam can give great results as well. I probably would not buy one just for filtration soil unless you encounter that a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I have an 18” tool that I hate to use.
Wonder if it could be cannibalised and make a stand up pvc model.
Hmmm

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I have a Hydro-crevice tool, but haven’t used it for many years.

Attachments

• C5EBEBC6-8A77-45CC-8841-6F99E63A85F5.jpeg
    C5EBEBC6-8A77-45CC-8841-6F99E63A85F5.jpeg
    884.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 0351F801-0B86-4E41-815B-3983F22C15CF.jpeg
    0351F801-0B86-4E41-815B-3983F22C15CF.jpeg
    1,011.3 KB · Views: 193
Reactions: Cleanworks

Ron K

Bought the Stainless tool Interlink I think.
Then bought the Orange plastic Vac only tool.
Drilled one small hole in it and took the valve and all
and transfered it to the orange vac tool. The plastic has a
wider opening and won't scratch or mar molding.

Reactions: Acp

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
nice good idea.. the one typical problem with filtration lines is they tend to be in the homes with cheap MDF baseboards. Some of the tract homes are getting better but the ones built in the late 90s are the worst.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I can't find it but there is a steam tool with a 3-4" head that we got just for filtration soil. We talked about it here last spring I think. There is a link in that thread with the tool. about $220.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Filtration soil is difficult to remove and not always responsive to whatever tool and chem used. Results vary. I hate dealing with it. I often advice it may or may not come clean. Whenever I see it, immediately inform it may or may not come out or so so results.

If customer insist to remove, I then try my magic. If they like the results, I tell them it’s going to cost $100 a room (depending on the size). They quickly change their minds and opt for the normal cleaning. $100 per room or replace the carpet...”What would you like to do ma’am?” (Replacement will cost much more but is often not within their budget nor is $100 a room to clean just filtration soil, so we are both happy to meet in the middle, which is...they ain’t Paying all that money for filtration removal and I get to grab the easier money instead of busting my azz trying to be a filtration soil hero)

These days, I chase after easier doughnuts to make.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Filtration soil is difficult to remove and not always responsive to whatever tool and chem used. Results vary. I hate dealing with it. I often advice it may or may not come clean. Whenever I see it, immediately inform it may or may not come out or so so results.

If customer insist to remove, I then try my magic. If they like the results, I tell them it’s going to cost $100 a room (depending on the size). They quickly change their minds and opt for the normal cleaning. $100 per room or replace the carpet...”What would you like to do ma’am?” (Replacement will cost much more but is often not within their budget nor is $100 a room to clean just filtration soil, so we are both happy to meet in the middle, which is...they ain’t Paying all that money for filtration removal and I get to grab the easier money instead of busting my azz trying to be a filtration soil hero)

The problem with filtration soiling is, even if you can improve it, you haven't solved the problem and it's going to come back. Even worse if you have left a lot of residue behind. Filtration products often have blends of non volatile solvents and foaming agents that are difficult to rinse.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall

its really not that hard to remove unless you have some crazy type of soil in your area idk. We use a grout cleaner mixed in a pump sprayer, wipes it out very easily.

only real issue is cheap homes with MDF baseboards or even worse stairwells with str8 drywall no trim at all

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
then theres this... $1,000,000 townhouse, 25x25ft lot size, and this is the build quality of some lol should be a crime
my foot could have almost fit in there

Attachments

• 20180406_120735.jpg
    20180406_120735.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 209
  • 20180406_120722.jpg
    20180406_120722.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 170

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
its really not that hard to remove unless you have some crazy type of soil in your area idk. We use a grout cleaner mixed in a pump sprayer, wipes it out very easily.

only real issue is cheap homes with MDF baseboards or even worse stairwells with str8 drywall no trim at all
It all depends on how long the filtration has been a problem and what sources of pollution you have in the area. I have some that come right out but the majority is so so. Most of the time, I just prespray and rinse unless they're prepared to pay me for the attempt

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom