WHAT...would YOU do?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK...i book a job wit Mrs Black......and she sez NOTHING about steps......
so i get there and Mrs Blacks son or grandkids are there!
AGAIN nothin' is sED about the frickkin' steps and the job is priced accordingly......
Ol' Mrs Black gets home...then calls me all irrate caz i DIDN'T do the steps lik she sED......

She wants me to drive back...and

DO THEM FOR FREE!!!!!

TWO of those last week......

REMEMBER.....this is my custy base and i rely on them being my cheerleaders....

I'M PISSED.........i believe they think that this is a new way of hagglin'......
I NEVER GIVE AWAY STEPS...NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Tell here unless she wants to pay your minimum charge she'll have to wait for next time.

I 've had people do that and I nail down the areas befores I's start.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
First mistake Bawb is not asking about them on the initial call. It's called upselling and if she/they say no stairs to be cleaned per customer (or Mrs Black in this case) you note that on the workorder that they recieve a copy of.
Second mistake - not asking a second time at the home, again a form of good upselling, especially if obvious to crew on the jobsitte that they need cleaning. Again, if declined at that time they can note it and have whoever is at the house sign that they were declined.

As it is now you may be screwed and do them at your regular price without a minimum charge.

Ken

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Simply, Call Mrs. Black's cell phone before you begin any work. Then confirm the order after seeing steps and other rooms, Also, Have the opportunity to offer protector, rotary scrubbing, pet odor removal ect....

No worries + more money in your pocket + happier clients, if you do it right.

Dave Yoakum-

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Rotary scrubbing.........................................................

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ya Ken yor right BUT...most of the time the KID is off smokin' pot or sez that (i dunno)

AND i DO ask on the initial call......but they THINK they can get over on me....
if they don MENTION it!

I had one call me this morning wit a group home that's been $220.00 the las FIVE times i did them..........and she SWEARS that it was only $150.00...las time!

SHE DOES THIS EVERY TIME!

it's lik a dance..........and is getting WAY worse...lately!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Bawb's just bored. He's been dealing with "those people" for longer than I have and I know this is not the first time he has gone through this.

May be he and his wife are fighting.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
UPDATE...MON AM.....

FIRST JOB.......two rms & h....$44.95!

OHH NO...Bob ALWAYS "throws" those THREE BR'S IN FOR FREE!!!!

somebody...jus frickin'...shoot me!

WTF is going on?

Ohh an' Merty...STFU...me an' the ol' woman had SEX last nit......i was great!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
UPDATE: 11:19 AM MONDAY

TWO MORE people tryin' to say it was ONLY a living room and i know DAMN WELL theres a Dining room that's attached!!!!!

Are things THAT bad out here....OH MY GAWD...ANARCHY....
RUNNING RAMPANT!!!!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
UPDATE: 1:01 PM............

WTF...my phone is ringing off the hook.....NINE JOBS so far!

Everone trys to beat me up....bad!

Cost SEEMS to be a big issue all of a sudden......they ALREADY know the great job they get....so's i'm holding firm

sorry mammm....it's $44.95 for TWO rooms an' a hall....

anyone wanna SHOP me???

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Bob this is the clean room, we don't want to hear about you having sex here! :shock:

Actually I'd prefer not to have to hear about it all, but taking into consideration that it is more than just yourself this time and you feel you need to tell all, do so in the rubber room. :p

:mrgreen:

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I agree with Ken.

The weak point of most operations is documentation. ….In the shop we use a 3 ring binder when we get phone calls we write details about the conversation as we talk to perspective clients we write down , size, number of areas, number of rugs, stains, prices quoted that alone has saved our reputation countless time when a 4x6 rug over the phone morphs into a 6x9 on our door step that info is transfered to work invoces.

So what would I do... I’d go back and do the stairs and charge only the cost of the stairs and chalk it up as a mistake and learn from it

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK....Crash gets there and she's NOT there.......short story...

WE HAD TA WAIT A HALF HOUR...for her to get home!

OHH I forgot...it was a $120 job that we did for $100 in the

FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!

AND KEN...i been DOIN' this shit since before YOU were in Knee-Highs.....!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LOL- could be Bawb, but we been doing this since before you were a twinkle in your mom's eye. Also I would be the first to admit if Ii had been doing thoungs wrong for however long its been. The only thing wrong with doing something wrong is to continue to do it that way once you realize it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Bob do the steps, fix her and then fix the problem so it doesn't happen again.

Like Randy said documentation is your key also confirm the order before you send the truck as Dave does and you should cut down on the cracks in communication.

Is it your customers trying to pull one over on you? Probably! But it's your job to prevent that from happening before the cleaning, not argue it after the fact.

P.S. Don't tell me about your sex life, I pretend you don't have one......it helps me sleep at night! :p

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
WAIT A MINUTE KEN...that's what everbody sez about our emulsion spray an' sucks......
either youz in OR yor out...can't be both!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK...they're DONE....jus happens that was the house right next door to the whorehouse......so i gots ta keep them girls happy!

LOOK...there he goes...That's Mr Bob!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Bob was going to get you a dictionary for your birthday, but then after thinking about, it's clarity you lack. Half the time I don't know what you're talking about! :wink:

You've either got to up your meds or share them with the rest of so we can enter Bob's World. :roll:

TimP

Bob obviously what is happening is one of two things.

1. Your customers are telling eachother how to get deals off of you.

2. Your employee leaking information to your customers in order to make more money and hours off of you.

You're going to have to get hard nosed and write down your price quotes before doing the job and have them sign a work order. All of my jobs I do a walk though of the areas to be done. Ask about trouble areas that they are worried about. I give them a total price and write it down. ( I don't have to make them sign anything because I haven't had any problems). If your employees don't follow proceedure then you take it out of their pay, make them accountable in other words. That way they can make the customer feel bad for them instead of the customer thinking they are taking advantage of someone with tons of money. Kinda like ripping off a corporation, not many feel bad about it because it's not a "person".

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
TimP said:
Bob obviously what is happening is one of two things.

1. Your customers are telling eachother how to get deals off of you.

2. Your employee leaking information to your customers in order to make more money and hours off of you.

You're going to have to get hard nosed and write down your price quotes before doing the job and have them sign a work order. All of my jobs I do a walk though of the areas to be done. Ask about trouble areas that they are worried about. I give them a total price and write it down. ( I don't have to make them sign anything because I haven't had any problems). If your employees don't follow proceedure then you take it out of their pay, make them accountable in other words. That way they can make the customer feel bad for them instead of the customer thinking they are taking advantage of someone with tons of money. Kinda like ripping off a corporation, not many feel bad about it because it's not a "person".

yes...as i've sED so many times here...the black community are a closed sect type....they won't look thru yellow pages...it's all word of mouf...between them! That WHY sometimes i let them get over on me......cuz after all...everyone liks to get a good deal.......

Chris A

Name
Chris
2 rooms and a hall for $44.95? How much cheaper do they want?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom