What Would YOU charge?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
1 big area or a bunch of small rooms?

p.s
Drop the sealer if you purchase good finish you dont need to waste your time or money on sealer

Willy P

Name
Willy P
School- 6 rooms and 2 halls, 2 bathrooms.
My supplier hooked me up with this one and suggested sealing to the custy.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
If the rooms and hall are all connected so you dont have to clean equipment to move to the next area then I would charge around $0.40 to $0.55 per sq ft

If the rooms were all over the school and you had to keep cleaning off the equipment and moving everything to different places of the school charge a little more for the time and trouble.

A lot depends on how sure you are that you can land this job as some people would bid this as low as $0.20 sq ft or around $632.00

I would say $1500.00 would be our low on a job like that

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Boy, do I feel better- I bid 3163 plus 500 for supplies. Should be profitable. :mrgreen:

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Willy P said:
Boy, do I feel better- I bid 3163 plus 500 for supplies. Should be profitable. :mrgreen:

If you get it then you done great. We cant bid like that anymore as there is a company 25 miles from us that travels for 20 to 25 sqft. They do a hell of a job but on small jobs I dont see how the hell they do it :lol:

For the longest time we charged a flat $1.00 and done great but not no more

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
That’s crazy high. Even in Canadian dollars. I am still doing sub-contract VCT work for $.20 a square (including Supplies). There are just way to many people that know how to do the work around here. Someone can learn how to do it one job and find the equipment for under $400 used.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
ACE said:
That’s crazy high. Even in Canadian dollars. I am still doing sub-contract VCT work for $.20 a square (including Supplies). There are just way to many people that know how to do the work around here. Someone can learn how to do it one job and find the equipment for under $400 used.

I'll sub this to you at .50 :wink: One small catch- A fifteen minute drive to a twenty minute ferry ride to the island the school is on. The $35 fare is paid for, but it's still a major pain in the ass. It sorta fell in the category of no one wanted the travel time. I figured all that stuff into my quote. Plus, I went over and did the estimate in person on my own nickel. I'm going to give them a GREAT job that will be followed up quarterly. And after that's done there's a whack of carpets :D I'll post pics.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom