Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carpet over wood

• Rubber matting

• Total voters
G

Mikey P said:
I'm interested in know what others do or dont do with the van floor before they install the TM and racks.
Put the roll on or spray on liner Madoff,you can do it yourself with the stuff at the auto parts,but wear gloves with those hands.

Name
I'm Rick James
K. P. said:
[quote="Mikey P":3gme8e1e]I'm interested in know what others do or dont do with the van floor before they install the TM and racks.
Put the roll on or spray on liner Mikey ol'pal,you can do it yourself with the stuff at the auto parts,but wear gloves with those hands.[/quote:3gme8e1e]

I got that and used it in my first van and it was a shit. Sanded it, cleaned it and it still seperated from the floor. This is one of those things it best to pay for the good stuff.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i used herculiner on my bumper and it still hasnt come off and one of my guys backs into a retaining wall and it did nothing to the bumper or the herculiner but the wall was a differnent story.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I have used 5/8" plywood with 1 1/4" self tapping screws into the floor of the van. Then glued Gray fabric style carpet right to the top of it. I update it with every new/used TM. It can be cleaned like carpet. It cuts down on road noise big time. Stick with gray, I tried dark blue once and it showed everything. :roll:

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have Line-X in one and Zeibart in another, both seam good. Line-X may be more flexible. After the bed is sprayed I put down plywood and then re-installed the rubber mat(tear off the insulation). Plywood makes for nice even surface and the mat is easy to keep clean. The bed-liner keeps it from rotting out.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Rhino lining is good if put on a brand new floor...
if you put it over a used floor....
chances are the floor will STILL rust out...

but the Rhino will still be there...

5/8 CDX with outdoor carpet glued down wit GOOD adhesive!!

that's MARINE plywood and if properly cut and applied will hold itsef in with no screws OR glue!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The last few we put together we rhino lined the machine area, and put a strip of wood in front and in the rear to to keep any water from moving throughout the van. We rhino lines the side step and up the walls a few inches. Hopefully this will direct the water out the side doors and keep the front and rear dry.

The unit was installed on runners so air can get beneath it and dry out should there be any water spilled onto the floor.

We used marine board in the rear so you have a nice flat area for support equipment.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Line-X isn't as slippery as RhinoLiner when wet. Herculiner is excellent, you just have to put on several layers to get the same thickness as Line-X. If you do an entire van floor the price difference between several gallons of Herculiner and having the van sprayed isn't much.

I put down Herculiner on the floor and then placed a non slip rubber mat down and installed everything over it. The mat is great because you can hose out the truck and it keeps stuff from sliding around and also acts as a sound dampener for the machine somewhat. If you install your machine over a rhino liner etc., it will get diry and will be more difficult to keep clean. The rhino liner was going to cost 800, but the Herculiner only cost 150 and has worked out great for me. I only put it on the floor to prevent rust from hosing out the truck. It takes a full day to apply the liner though with preparation and applying multiple coats properly.

Name
Kevin McCreary
bob vawter said:
Rhino lining is good if put on a brand new floor...
if you put it over a used floor....
chances are the floor will STILL rust out...

but the Rhino will still be there...

5/8 CDX with outdoor carpet glued down wit GOOD adhesive!!

that's MARINE plywood and if properly cut and applied will hold itsef in with no screws OR glue!

Thats the way we roll too. Our old 82 is still on the road not rusted through.

Becker

Name
Becker
I really like carpet over wood.

Marine grade plywood, garage grade carpet glued to the wood.

Quiet, non slip.

I might MIGHT try a spray in next time.

Last van was in service from April 1999 to May of 2007. Pulled machine cleaned the carpet and sold the van to the 1st looker.

Bob Foster

Good idea to raise the TM off the floor with some plastic blocks. Same with the reel and the LJ. That way you can hose through the whole van.

Probably just as easy to take it and get it sprayed with the good stuff and skip all the steps like plywood and carpet. Use medium grey and put it up the sides the height of the wheel wells.

Walt

I am not a fan of herculiner - I've never seen a job that looked good. Maybe you can do better.

You probably want to have the deck sand blasted and then LineX or Rinoliner. Get it at least 4 inches up the sides. Marine plywood and carpet is very nice.

Oh and get a divider so you don't kill yourself in an accident.

Jimbo

UPOL Raptor rocks

you can get it tinted any color...all you need is there 'shutz' sprayer and an air compressor...saved me 1200$

Jimbo

bob vawter said:
Jimbo..ever try Upol 2X....?

sounds like a clothing size!

Actually...I used the raptor in my 06 Duramax Van...I love it...it is Canary Yellow...looks as good as the day I sprayed it!

We are looking at a 64 Chevelle Malibu SS Convertible...327 4 speed...it's like looking at a dreAM car...but it has a little discoverable rust....I'm trying to swap either the 67 Elcamino or my 03 WRX for a
Corvette...gotta get another Vette

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Upol 2X is a 2mil epoxy blocking primer...each coat applied is two mil thick and it sands off lik chalk......
really great it beats the DuPont all ta hell at 1/3 the cost

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom