What every carpet cleaner needs...

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I wish I could justify the 360 again, but its too damn slow and I cant get my guys to use it... just takes too long to make your way through a room especially when there is furniture.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I wish I could justify the 360 again, but its too damn slow and I cant get my guys to use it... just takes too long to make your way through a room especially when there is furniture.
The main reason I won't waste my money on those tools. Every video I see, it looks like it takes twice the time as a wand to get out of a room

Reactions: JohnHawkP

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton

I used one once.

Once.

That was enough for me. I asked the guy selling it if I was doing something wrong.

Nope he said.

See you later I replied.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
All these tools have a purpose and also a learning curve. Why the heck you would want to rotovac an entire place is beyond me. Hook it up and blow through the dirty areas and wand the rest. It doesn't replace the wand, it complements it.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Stop it all of you. You don’t want to wake up the roto*** shills and clog up our threads.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It just seems it’d be easier and faster to crb the trashed areas with a wand behind it than the roto tool with a wand.
It's not. I have both and prefer the rotovac with brush head. You can scrub and flush with one tool. And repeat if necessary. I liked the 360 so much I bought the xl for commercial. I am the furthest thing from a rotovac shill as I raked them over the coals regarding the bonzer but I give credit where credit is due. The bonzer is a piece of crap imitation of the Zipper. The rotovac 360, especially with the brush head is an invaluable tool in my opinion.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I used one once.

Once.

That was enough for me. I asked the guy selling it if I was doing something wrong.

Nope he said.

See you later I replied.

I used one every single job for about 4-5 years. They do clean extremely well and you'll get tons of referrals for it, but production rates are painfully slow

Reactions: JohnHawkP

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I would agree that CRB + wand is faster but this is with a 2 man crew. 360 with 2 guys is much much slower.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Stop it all of you. You don’t want to wake up the roto*** shills and clog up our threads.

It does take longer to RE than wand-- but when my arms are killing me and its a shithole- its a god send. It took me months to learn how to use it with ease- and produce consistent results. Now the only body part that hurts are my index finder tips.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I would agree that CRB + wand is faster but this is with a 2 man crew. 360 with 2 guys is much much slower.
I think most of us are single operators. That's where the re shines. Don't use on every square foot of carpet. Just do the trashed areas and wand everything else. The brush head really tears through dirty carpet. Much faster than a wand on those areas.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I booked a job for next week where a little old lady let go on her carpet. It's in an assisted living facility. I would normally turn a job like this down, but it's the mother of a realtor that refers me a lot of work. I'm going to need to use my porty. Ugh!
Have fun. Shouldn’t be any worse than anything else you’ve done, short of the porty.

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
So the time lapse from the occurrence doesn’t make it more difficult?
Their emergency is not my emergency. I’ve been so busy this was the soonest I could get there. They just want tme to get some main spots, but I’m going to cleaning the entire unit for her. I’ve never had an issue getting old stuff out unless it was pet urine filled with medication.

I should be okay. I’m armed with 8 gallons of Unleashed today.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Kill me now

A70082C0-951E-44F5-B650-01F82178F29A.jpeg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
It costs money but we outfit each van currently with the equipment.

I know as you grow larger it is way expensive but also I would say it becomes about still satisfying the customers the best they can.... And putting on some blinders..

We will never be that big that I have to worry about it (as we added a third van we are outfitting)

But right now. We buy the equipment for each van to do the work we take on or encounter....

And I get a good rate for these....

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Just to remind you all you can hook up your brush head 360i to a porty, a heated one is better. It will - still - smash the shittiest things in the universe.

Reactions: Mark Von*Lay

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I do mostly encap. When I get asked to do a small nasty job I'll use the crb and portable. I turn down restaurants or anything large.

It's all about the "niche". Small Town Janitorial has a smart approach. I've always taken a similar approach. Never bought a truckmount in my decades cleaning commercial carpet. Why not? Never seemed practical for the commercial accounts I serve. Servicing commercial carpet and floor care exclusively is quite doable with encap, an occasional porty, and a few floor care items. Course of wisdom is to build a system to fit the business model. In my case the business model has always been "commercial only". If my focus was loads of residential, I'd have built my system to serve that market instead. Starbucks doesn't sell steak dinners, they stick with their niche. Building my business around a niche has always served me well too.

Reactions: JS41035
Name
Jeff T
Is a method in their arsenal that will clean the absolute worse situations.

With this ability, there is no doubt, no second guessing and no need to ask for help.

Brush Head rotary extractors and decent truckmounts make that easy these days, right?

But what do VLM and non BH HWE guys do when they get THAT job?

Maybe ignorance is bliss...
They make excuses to the client, Tell them it’s ‘wear’, and go to the next job.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom