What Brand Butler PTO Clutch?

Mike Draper

So my PTO Clutch is going out, just noticed it's wobbly. Next week is one of my busiest weeks of the year. Can anyone tell me the model or maker of the clutch used up front on the Butler. thanks.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Get the one White Magic uses; just order it from them. It doesn't go out in three years. Next time just buy a White Magic.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Mike Draper said:
my clutch has 2700 hours on it.

My WM has 5900 hrs, 6 yrs old. For the last couple years I've been running it at 1800-1900 RPMS factory setting is 1500, with 17" lift, factory setting is 15. The water's been crazy hot with the blower HX.

Mike Draper

Do you know if its an Ogura or a pitts? Or does it matter? as long as its the same size and made for a pto?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I've used Four Seasons clutches for years...but i believe the Pitts clutch is better.....I'm assuming that you use serpentine belts...so jus make sure the number of ribs are correct...
when you install it you BETTER call me or you'll prolly fry it!

Mike Draper

no serp belt, just 2 smaller belts turn it ( which are turned by the serp belt pulley). similiar to the belts that turn the blower.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Guys:

Weve rebuilt many of both Butler and WM units.

Running @ high RPM does not hurt as much as starting high, or with the pump on. Also a dirty blower puts too heavy a load on them, so keep it flushed. A Butler shaft is 7/8" in dia. a White Magic is larger than that, so it won't fit.

We have found sources that make a clutch with a much stronger magnet for the Butler, and tried them. The problem is the pulley also is much larger, so it slows down the RPM ratio. In fact I can sell you one of these, becuse I am unhappy with it,

But best bet is to sitck with original Butlers. They are pretty tough, and normally last 3-7k hrs provided they are treated as per above. When not treated right, the magnet starts to slip and that creates heat, and that burns up the magnet, and bearings.

Thx,
Dale

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Dale said:
Hi Guys:

Weve rebuilt many of both Butler and WM units.

Running @ high RPM does not hurt as much as starting high, or with the pump on. Also a dirty blower puts too heavy a load on them, so keep it flushed. A Butler shaft is 7/8" in dia. a White Magic is larger than that, so it won't fit.

We have found sources that make a clutch with a much stronger magnet for the Butler, and tried them. The problem is the pulley also is much larger, so it slows down the RPM ratio. In fact I can sell you one of these, becuse I am unhappy with it,

But best bet is to sitck with original Butlers. They are pretty tough, and normally last 3-7k hrs provided they are treated as per above. When not treated right, the magnet starts to slip and that creates heat, and that burns up the magnet, and bearings.

Thx,
Dale

POPPYCOCK........

anything built by man...
can be MADE better......
by another man......!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
YES..if you don install wit the correct magnet to field clearance......you will tear it up immediately!
If you don know HOW to do it PM me yor #

Back
Top Bottom