Went and Cleaned 21 Apartments on Tuesday. Powerstrike Rocks

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I moved my brother up here from Vegas last month. To help him start making some cash I put together a trailer with a 2100 in it that we rent out (him included if needed) He has been using it to help a local guy out with his apartments. I went out with him on Tuesday and we knocked out 21 3 bedroom apts in 6 hours (from the time the prespray went down until we turned the machine off)

I had been wanting to compare Powerstrike to Extreme Clean and boy did I get my chance. Now I will say I still love extreme clean and prefer the smell but at 12oz of powerstrike to 18 of extreme clean there was no comparrison (both had 4oz of energy added) We sprayed and sucked no pre-vac no scrub. Ran Steam Way formual A+ Set at 2gph Wand was a Prochem 4 Jet with 95015's and Slot Glide with the Steam Way breathing fire.

Here are pics (taken with my phone)of just one apartment (Just the living room) only 2 where not this bad
apt1.jpg

apt2.jpg

apt3.jpg

ap4.jpg

apt5.jpg

apt6.jpg

apt7.jpg

Yikes those where huge fixing the pics then re-uploading them

jgasaway

I am still learning and experimenting w/ my chemical preferences. I like what I see....something like that; I can't believe..I would have been thinking 16 ounces of Quake HD (12.8ph) + a couple oz. of a citrus booster to attack that crud. Looks great!! I am running a Steamway that I had rebuilt and easily will take off to 230 degrees so I have to have my helper check often since it has a new heating unit. What is the cost savings from the PowerStrike? Newbie here only dozen jobs under my belt, but have had great success so far!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Thanks. It was great to work with my brother. He is an electrician by trade and way back when I used to go work with him on piece rate houses so we know how to slam and jam :mrgreen:

I hooked up a solution splitter and sprayed 1 apt ahead then ran back and pulled hoses for him then we switched off when he got tired. The Key is to keep the wand moving on the carpet at all times I hadn't worked that hard or fast in a long time. I will have to do the math but power stirke per hydroforce is 1.50 or so less then extreme clean.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

so how did you get a HF to draw chem at the sol temps a SW2100 makes?

..L.T.A.

G

What kind of vaccum and per-scruber did you use to make it go that fast?

If I may ask.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
21 3 bedroom apts in 6 hours is insane. Nice paycheck too.

Steve Smith

John,

Were the apts all in the same building?
Were any of the apts vacant(no furniture), or did they all have furniture in them?
The apt in the picture has furniture that i assume you went around?

Who makes Powerstrike?
Thanks.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
meAt said:

so how did you get a HF to draw chem at the sol temps a SW2100 makes?

..L.T.A.

It sprayed just fine. It was a new Hydroforce so i'll be re-building it soon i'm sure. We set the temp at 220 but with that much flow it was cookin' my brother has a couple steam way bites on his arm and I have one on my leg. (was wearing shorts).

a True Hydroforce will draw just fine at 200+ with 600psi but you will be re-building them more often. They say 180 as that gives them an out when it stops working.

What kind of vaccum and per-scruber did you use to make it go that fast?

If I may ask.
We didn't vac or pre-scrub just spray and go. The dwell time between apt's helped alot. Someone posted 28 minutes per apt but we were actually averaging about 11. we took 45 minutes for lunch and a 15 minute breal between the first two buildings and 15 minutes to move the truck and trailer around the corner for the last 5 of which 3 had 15 stairs in each one.

Were the apts all in the same building?
Were any of the apts vacant(no furniture), or did they all have furniture in them?
The apt in the picture has furniture that i assume you went around?

Who makes Powerstrike?
Thanks.
They were all occupied. They are student housing. Only furniture we moved were the living room tables that everyone forgot to move for us. Each room had two beds, 2 desks and a walk in closet. I would say each one was about 500-600sqft
Prochem Makes Powerstrike. $31.95 per 6lb and $219.50 48lb pail Mikeysboarders who want to try it take 15% off from now until connections

tim

Im curious about how easy it dissolves compared to extreme clean, does it need to be mixed hot and what the dilution would be in an electric sprayer. I only use 2 ounces for 2 gallons with extreme clean. I can tell you Energy is one of the best grease cutters out there. I got grease on my hands once and nothing on the truck could cut through it until I pulled out the Energy...childs play! I love it as a boost on olefin or areas where the oil from a dogs coat has severely soiled the carpet. I also like powerburst but takes twice as much as Extreme Clean, needs to be mixed hot and doesnt dissolve as well

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Testify Brother!

If I could just POUND that into my hired help....

Able 1

Name
Keith
Curious, why they would take out the enzymes out of a high PH pre-spray... If I want to nuke something, is there a reason why I wouldn't want the enzymes? I did a rental with that Powerstrike(boosted) for the first time this week(actually bought it by mistake thought it was PB) and it did a good job. The pics don't do it justice... it was NASTY!
002-6.jpg

005-1.jpg

tim

just got a monthly chinese restaurant away from a competitor with a demo of extreme clean boosted with enzall. a good prespray with an enzyme boost is hard to beat. The manager called us today and said "how did you get the carpet that clean?" "Can you clean our tile and wood floors?" Extreme Clean, Energy and Enzymes....hard to beat

Name
George Valliant
Wowee Jon!

Isn't it amazing how clean carpets can get with out using a 175?

you pre-scrubbers should take note.

Name
George Valliant
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
Wowee Jon!

Opps!

Thats' John with an "h".

My bad.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Powerstrike mixes easy. WAY EASY. I still love extreme clean it is my best selling powder but after this week I have to say powerstrike whooped it and thats saying alot.

George if these had been residential or at least good paying apartments I would have pre-vac'ed and scrubbed but these where student housing apartments that where bid cheap. We were helping out a customer who had to have them done and done now. He has 300+ apartments in 3 different locations that he have a 2 week turn around window. They don't want nor will pay for much more then a spray and suck. They will be expecting a bit more from him now that we performed magic on the ones we did :mrgreen: Actually he does a really good Job he runs a Steam Way 4100 and uses extreme clean and energy and runs prochem's heat wave as his emulsifier. We ran A+ Because I had a bucket that was sent on mistake and ended up with it at no charge. He has used both and really likes the heat wave. Next semester when he needs help again i'll give the heat wave a good go myself.

tim said:
just got a monthly chinese restaurant away from a competitor with a demo of extreme clean boosted with enzall. a good prespray with an enzyme boost is hard to beat. The manager called us today and said "how did you get the carpet that clean?" "Can you clean our tile and wood floors?" Extreme Clean, Energy and Enzymes....hard to beat

Or you could just use Powerburst and be done with it. The Extreme Clean and Energry aren't neccessary for a restaurant. The amino acid is totally neccessary.

R

rotovacguy

Nice job, John!! I do the same with my brother when he has some down time. He does HVAC, and every so often I'll have him ride along.

Dang.....21 apartments? Wow, I feel like such a pathetic putz....our best was (4) 3 bedroom apartments and a 2200 square foot home in 9 hours.

Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
Wowee Jon!

I have to do a scrub with a 175, using a porty. Yeah, it's a PITA, but it's necessary. When I bring my bro along, I'll do the pre-vac, he follows me up with the prespray, then I hit it with the 175, and he does the extracting. Once we get the rhythm down, we can make pretty decent time (for using a porty, anyway :D ) Usually, by the time he's done extracting the first one, I have the second one already vac'ed, sprayed, and scrubbed, ready for him to keep going. So, YOU might be able to get away without a 175 (or any other guy with a TM), but not me, I use it on EVERY job.

G

John your apartments look greattttt!!!!!

Whats the big deal with per-scrubbing and vaccuming ??????

Your cleanings look as better without a lot of extra work!!!!

If I'm buying a $15k truckmount I should'nt have to do the pre vaccum and scrubbing!
it should do it for me.

Mikey P

Administrator
SkyWaller said:
John your apartments look greattttt!!!!!

Whats the big deal with per-scrubbing and vaccuming ??????

Your cleanings look as better without a lot of extra work!!!!

If I'm buying a $15k truckmount I should'nt have to do the pre vaccum and scrubbing!
it should do it for me.

Yeah and if you buy a $15,000 toilet you should have to pull down you pants or wipe your ass either.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
If these apartments had been paying what they should have been they would all have got a pre-scrub but at that price they go better then they paid for. Actually they got more then they paid for because they had me cleaning them :mrgreen:

TimP

It just goes to show you that the cleaning pie is what we all need to be thinking about. You can do a lot even without aggitation you just need stronger chems, longer dwell time, and good heat.

Lately I haven't gotten out a scrubber because I have been finding that I don't need it as much with longer dwell time and the way I soak the fibers down with my chems. I just bought that 99 buck thing on e-bay and I think with the weight of it I'll be more likely to use it on those traffic lanes that need just a bit of scrubbing. Instead of having to go over them more slowly and sometimes prespraying them again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom