Website scheduling

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I wonder why everyone is getting so crazy over online booking. One reason I could see competitors hating us for our online booking system, is that we are now showing prices upfront to the public and they will have to compete with those. I seen one of our competitors begin to get public messages on social media sites, "Why don't you list your prices?" As each customer asked them, how much for a stairs and bedroom or whatever, they only respond with "Call or text us at XXX"

If they are anything like me, I try to do a competitor research chart looking at about 6 of them and see what their online marketing strategy is. I do this on a monthly basis. What have they added? What have they started using? What is their pricing? Specials going on?

This will be off topic and can be posted in another post if needed:

Someone in another post mentioned that you need an SEO person to move you up. Really, all you need is to grab your competitors backlinks for directories, etc. and go list your business on there to. There are hundreds of FREE Backlink check tools out there. One I do pay for is ahrefs.com which gives a very detailed report on the sites they are building back links from, the keyword they are using in that area: example: carpet cleaning las vegas, best carpet cleaning in las vegas etc.

Here is a perfect example of a free backlink checker site: http://smallseotools.com/backlink-checker/

Type in your site, see whats backlinking to you. Type in your competitors site, see what they are using. I'd only care about competitors that when I google my main keyword, show up on Google's first page. Those are the ones getting great backlinks from some where. BTW: This is one of the reasons we have moved to the first page on almost every keyword we shoot for in our area.

.. and yes, I clean carpet just like everyone else. Well, maybe not like Richard and Tom. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Here is the example that I mentioned above from what I seen on our competitors social media page today:
  • Doug: Why do you not provide ballpark pricing, publicly ??
    • Competitor Response: Because we don't sell prices, we sell quality
      If we put our prices here, we wouldn't get any job because they would get scare about our prices.
      So anyone that really like quality pay our prices.
    • Nadine: Families who are limited budgets want quality.
      We just need to know prices so we can be prepared.
    • Doug: Understood....... Thank you ....
      Like 21 hrs
    • Liz: Yea a little weird you won't tell us your prices on here...

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
People now a days have very short Attention Spans and I might have the Shortest... When I see an item at a store that doesn't have a price tag-- I assume the retailer doesn't want to sell it and I move on..-- Unless its a Beer at a Muslim owned convenience/liquor store-- there they just look at you and decide on a price-- but I put up with it because of the convenience..

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
$40 per room Light to Med. Traffic/Stains, $55 for Heavy Traffic/Stains. Includes stain removal, deodorizer, hallways/closets attached to the rooms.

Add-ons: Urine Extraction
Enzymes
Red Dye Removal
Gum Removal
Sanitizer
Protectant
etc..

http://www.NaturalDry.com/Book.html use zip code 89147 and you can see a break down of just about everything we do. I don't include Drapes, Laminate or Hardwood Flooring or Commercial Quotes with online booking.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Here is the example that I mentioned above from what I seen on our competitors social media page today:
  • Doug: Why do you not provide ballpark pricing, publicly ??
    • Competitor Response: Because we don't sell prices, we sell quality
      If we put our prices here, we wouldn't get any job because they would get scare about our prices.
      So anyone that really like quality pay our prices.
    • Doug: Understood....... Thank you ....
      Like 21 hrs
    • Liz: Yea a little weird you won't tell us your prices on here...

Dont base your judgement of people or competitors solely on the intronet.

I have a local competitor that has very few positive reviews, maybe more negative on the internet sites.
Yet they have $5 million in sales....

I know this for fact because their bank gave them an award for it at a public ceremony.

Reactions: WillS

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I'm thinking of adding this disclaimer to online booking and my website:

'Our prices are based on Norms and Averages. If your cleaning job has items or issues outside those norms or averages-- then we reserve the right to increase our prices. Since these issues are outside the averages-- these price increases will be Rare but Fair."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom