website almost done . do websites generate much rev?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
My website is almost done. I am coming off a very slow week and it looks like this week is going to suck as well. I was just wondering if when my website is done and posted if I could count on a couple jobs a month off it. I also had the idea of using a couple of the bigname competitors in the search tags so anytime someone looks for them I will pop up also. but Im just really wanting to get this done and get the jobs rolling again this last couple weeks has been very slow

Walt

Yes and no.

It depends on how saturated your market is (with websites) and how well your site is crafted. If it looks good, the code is clean, and you pop up on search engines then you could count on a couple of calls a week. The better the site in all areas, the more work you'll get.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I wanted to just say "No" to the questions because Websites are crap without work put into them and work put into getting people to see them.
But then I thought I would give a short reason why.

It's like asking..."If I put my music on a CD will it sell?"
their are thousands of bands with CDS but the quality and marketing of them is what gets them sold.

A bad website is probably worse than not having a website at all.

The webite will say a lot about you no matter what.
If it looks cheap ...they will think you are cheap.
If it looks like crap ...they will think you do crap work..etc etc.
If it looks like you didn't put time, effort and thought into it...they will think they'll get the same results from you.

You get the idea.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
WE HAVE HAD OURS FOR A YEAR now
seems to be working better every day
gettin 3 or 4 jobs a week now
Still playin with adwords seems to be gettin better though

rick imby

Name
Rick
I build websites for a living. It is pretty simple if you are in a small market. In a larger market it is not so easy.

I did the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for Missoula Green Carpet Cleaning. Within a month we were in the top 3 for the search "Missoula Carpet Cleaning". I have been working on one in Spokane and Salt Lake City and Kalispell Mt. Kalispell went to number one within two weeks. I have jumped all the way up to 23 in Spokane :oops: , and 138 in Salt Lake City :( in two months. Usually SEO takes time to get your site up in the rankings.

Good Luck.
Rick

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I built my website and did the majority of SEO- we get around 2-3 calls on average per day from the website. At this time, i do absolutely NO marketing aside from my website and it feeds my kids.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
That's a nice looking website you have there Ben.

What program did you use...was there a template?
How hard or easy was it?

Nicer than most I have seen on here.

Mikey P

Administrator
My area only has a few co's with site. Most if not all of them suck.

Our site is now our largest generator of new and enthused clients.

aqualux

I would say no. If you have just a site and expect it to bring in customers, it will be a definite no.

Why? a website is a tool, it would be like leaving a cleaning wand in the middle of a room and expect the room to be clean when coming back.

What to do?
1. Content
Generate Content - Articles, Tips, Tools, etc... all these things for your site.

2. Link Building
You can start with getlisted.org - this site will help you promote your business on the locals. Don't FORGET REVIEWS! Try to get your customers to leave you reviews on google, yahoo, bing, etc... These not only help you, but will definitely make you stand out from the crowd.

3. Social Media
Build a following. Use these types to distribute news and updates about your company.

4. Time
Some of the more popular and reputable directories take time to get listed on, on top of that it just takes time for search engines to recognize you as a relevant source.

5. Learn some basic SEO strategies.
seomoz.org

When I first began my site first couple of weeks i'd get maybe 1-2 calls from online... after 6 months I now get about 10 clients a week. From doing these things of course I've had help from my web designer/seo consultant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom