Water stain on white sofa(pics included)

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I was nervous about taking this on but decided what the heck.

A couple of things I'll remember for next time.

First of all Chemspec Browning treatment smells horrible (very strong sulfur and it's pretty bad that it bothered me because I use to work in a sulfuric acid chemical plant)It had me hacking up a lung for at least half an hour and I did have ventilation and did not aerosolize it, I brushed it on. As far as I'm concerned it should state on the bottle that you need a respirator to even take the lid off the bottle.

Second thing I learned is it takes quite a while to get that browning out and I should have charged about double my regular cleaning price, especially since the roofers where going to have to pay for it.

I don't even know if I treated it properly but basically what I did was brush on the browning treatment and let it sit for 10-15 minutes, then extracted, then brushed in my boost all-buff all mixture and let that sit for 10-15 minutes and extracted and repeated this process until I couldn't get any more improvement. I'm all ears if there is something that could have gotten me faster results. I did treat the seat cushion out in what little bit of sun we had but had no way to get the couch outside.

In the after pic you'll see it's still a little wet, I know I'm a hack and should have stuck around until it dried but I had already spent way to much time there. We put one of the custy's fans on it before I left. If I get time tomorrow I'm going to go by and take another pic with it completely dry.

And yes I did clean the whole thing after I got done working on the water marked section. That seat cushion was just as bad on the bottom, I just stuck it back to take the picture and removed it to dry.

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00228-1.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
BP's Haition Cotton EXTRACTION cleaner would work for me.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Boost all, buff all and fine fabric shampoo, Joey it works great for me as well as Haitian cotton cleaner.. Browning does smell horrible and it ishard to get the smell out.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Not bad...can still see "the worked area" ring....but that will probably come out..

like i said not bad at all

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
floorguy said:
Not bad...can still see "the worked area" ring....but that will probably come out..

like i said not bad at all

The worked area is still wet. I cleaned the rest of the sofa after I took that pic so it should dry evenly...I hope.

I'm going to try to swing by tomorrow and get a pic of it completely dry.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Harry Myers said:
Boost all, buff all and fine fabric shampoo, Joey it works great for me as well as Haitian cotton cleaner.. Browning does smell horrible and it ishard to get the smell out.

Mr Myers nailed it....

A good UPH mixture for just about anything out there is......

1 Gallon of warm water
2 oz of boost all
8 oz of fine fabric shampoo..and
2 oz of citric solve.....
and when you are doing cottons just add 2 oz of Buff all
to the above mixture....

Been using this mixture for a long time and it has cleaned everything I have put it on.....

Nice job BTW

Name
Ron lippold
if you would have taken that outside in the sun and sprayed with a heavey mixture of hatian cleaner 30 min dwell time extract and stain guard leave outside till dry and no more spot.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
DSC00228-1.jpg
[/quote]

Yeah, well it still looks like my grandmother just sat there.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have seen some from guys with more then 2 years under there belt that look a lot worse then that...

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Art Kelley said:

Yeah, well it still looks like my grandmother just sat there.[/quote]

Damn dude, you got one wide grandma. :lol:

By the way I cleaned that and the rest of the sofa with the boostall, buffall, and 4 oz's of fabric shampoo scrubbed in with a horsehair brush and then misted with Judson rinse and extracted. Maybe it would have been easier/faster if I used 8 oz's of Fabric Shampoo. :?

I'll say again I cleaned the rest and evenly wet it out after that pic was taken.

Besides I'm just happy I didn't ruin it. 8)

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Joey we all know t is wet that is obvious. But in this case my concearn would be the dry time. I always put fans on it.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Besides I'm just happy I didn't ruin it.

The heck with that, it was already ruined. I just tell them I'll do my best. I'll bet it dries fine, good job. If you would'nt have cleaned the whole thing feathering is important so as not to create another ring.

Albert

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
BP's haition EXTRACTION cleaner misted on and vaced off doesn't have much odor.

Has to be the powdered extraction formula.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom