Water damage logs and help

Creyid

Name
Connie Hernandez
I need some help on water logs daily and humidifiers of drying my kitchen and living Room I only construction company and decided to do the claim on my own and now they are asking for water dog's will kind of dryers who beautifiers I used it stuff like that can I please get some help

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
I need some help on water logs daily
Water Log is tracking the moisture in the structure that you are drying. If you did not meter any of the structure that you are drying you have no log to give. You should be able to figure out the equipment that you used, but without a Water Log can you justify why you used it and for how long.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Hope you also photographed all the monitor readings.

Also hope you found all the damaged areas and stabilized properly as microbial growth only needs 24-48hrs to start growing.

You can easily turn a cat1 loss into a cat3 loss that definitely won’t be covered due to your negligence

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
yep if you haven't logged and tracked the dry down on say a 5 day job, they might decide it should have only taken 3 days and pay accordingly

worse case they might decide there is secondary damage that may have been avoidable if dry down was being monitored/adjusted daily and therefore not covered

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Wow this guy took a beating here. I know he has no idea and some of you are pist and think he is a hack. But a lot of us have been there done that.
everyone deserves a hand up. My advice here for the guy is to do the best to make sure the job was done right and maybe even get someone qualified to confirm that at a minimum no secondary damage and that his job is complete.
Moving forward I recommend you get training.
1. take an IICRC applied structural drying and wrt combo course. You will learn how to create a dry log and have the fundamentals for proper drying
2. Get and learn how to use Xactimate for estimating jobs
3. Get and learn mica , moisture mapper or some other moisture mapping program that will monitor and log you water damage jobs
4. Invest in some other iicrc training like mold , fire these are some other types of losses that can come along with water mitigation and good to know what to do when you run across them.
5. make sure you Have the correct insurance. General liability will not cover you you will need pollution liability as well as Bailey’s.
There is a lot of moving parts to restoration work and it takes a while to get a good grasp of the industry as a whole. And if that’s not enough you have health hazards in older homes like asbestos, lead paint, mold and other to worry about too. Its not what it use to be the insurance carriers are really invested in educating their adjusters and have a micro management attitude to try and cut costs . I can’t imagine trying to get into this business today and take in all that’s you need to know. It’s taken me years to feel like I “Kind of know what I am doing “ lol

FredC

Village Idiot
maybe....but it is a homeowner that decided to handle her own loss because she owns a construction company.

Reactions: Fat Mike

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom