War Rugs

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Truely amazing pieces.

I spent a good many years in the ammunition industry and never knew anything like this existed, wow. Must forward to a few old contacts.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
I think my day got better just because I heard him use the word phenomenalogical. I feel a little smarter.

War rugs make me sad - these folks lives have been so shattered that when they sit down to create a work of art it's all about guns and tanks and mortars. Anyone for a nice floral pattern?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Don't feel sad for these weavers Jeff. They were making these rugs because they were popular with Soviet soldiers.

An Afghani employe of ours went to see his parents after the US went into Afghanistan and said his father couldn't have been more excited. His rug shop was doing great, because, "The Americans will buy anything!" Since Americans will buy anything, many weavers were able to go back to more traditional patterns. Some now specialize in made to order though, so you can get anything from an American flag to an Elvis rug if you want.

Reactions: Jeff Madsen

emmasmith833

Name
Emma Smith
Simply amazing. It must be one of the best quality war rugs in town. Where can i see more in variety?

Thanks.

Emma

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Warrug_zpsb030919b.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom