Name
Larry Capitoni
WPXO0947.JPG

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yeah - get it right! I'm joining forces with the Meter Maid in the new division of the Word Police!

1659306135722.png

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Been playing the drums 60 yrs not good but ok to fool a lot of people. From a 25 group german band or a trio for 50,s rock & roll or a jazz & blues music. I 'm still a better carpet cleaner than a drummer. But still learning. jz.
Drums are good for that, anybody with a little bit of natural rhythm can kind of almost look like they can play.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
So I’ve been moving forward with starting a second business for just VLM commercial services. It will also offer residential, but at an elevated price point to weed out the dirty carpet. Everything is being marketed as premium, top tier. Systems and scalability are a major focus.

It’s to be a marketing company, that also happens to clean carpet. I think well edited online videos will be a cornerstone. Like the Dirt Army vid that went viral a while back. Direct mail with in person follow ups to about 200 specific commercial locations is also something to try.

At this point I’m knee deep in making the website, social media account on every platform, adding info to all the listing sites. I have a second phone and number setup, an OP on the way, and a new Orbiter for stairs/tight spots, and an electric sprayer- just like the Wheeler Pros…

Next up is a new 500 psi portable and a Wespak hard surface wand, an eye popping- yet tastefully simple- wrap for the sides of the box truck, and some logo’d shirts. The wrap will be advertising the website and social media accounts. I want clients to know who we are, what we do, and how to easily contact us within 2 seconds at 60mph.

I hope to have everything setup and running by the start of the winter, so I can start the next spring with a bang.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So I’ve been moving forward with starting a second business for just VLM commercial services. It will also offer residential, but at an elevated price point to weed out the dirty carpet. Everything is being marketed as premium, top tier. Systems and scalability are a major focus.

It’s to be a marketing company, that also happens to clean carpet. I think well edited online videos will be a cornerstone. Like the Dirt Army vid that went viral a while back. Direct mail with in person follow ups to about 200 specific commercial locations is also something to try.

At this point I’m knee deep in making the website, social media account on every platform, adding info to all the listing sites. I have a second phone and number setup, an OP on the way, and a new Orbiter for stairs/tight spots, and an electric sprayer- just like the Wheeler Pros…

Next up is a new 500 psi portable and a Wespak hard surface wand, an eye popping- yet tastefully simple- wrap for the sides of the box truck, and some logo’d shirts. The wrap will be advertising the website and social media accounts. I want clients to know who we are, what we do, and how to easily contact us within 2 seconds at 60mph.

I hope to have everything setup and running by the start of the winter, so I can start the next spring with a bang.
All that advertising sounds great but don't neglect the direct sales aspect. Drive around the areas you would like to work in and look for higher end industrial parks. Visit the businesses you think you would like to work for and explain to the receptionist who you are and if you can speak to someone in charge of the building maintenance. When you do a job, ask for a review or reference that you can show to other prospective customers in the same area. It's more leg work but can be very productive. Before the internet, I used to work for a company as an estimator. I had a photo album loaded with pictures and high end references. I would target very specific businesses in the areas we wanted to work in. Combine that with the type of advertising you are doing and you will have the best of both worlds.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
All that advertising sounds great but don't neglect the direct sales aspect. Drive around the areas you would like to work in and look for higher end industrial parks. Visit the businesses you think you would like to work for and explain to the receptionist who you are and if you can speak to someone in charge of the building maintenance. When you do a job, ask for a review or reference that you can show to other prospective customers in the same area. It's more leg work but can be very productive. Before the internet, I used to work for a company as an estimator. I had a photo album loaded with pictures and high end references. I would target very specific businesses in the areas we wanted to work in. Combine that with the type of advertising you are doing and you will have the best of both worlds.
You're 110% correct on the direct sales. It's how I build my current business.

I think the online presence and image I'm trying to project with that will make the direct sale/ cold call efforts more effective. That's really why I'm doing it, to back up the impression I make during those visits. I know it's like creating my own credibility, put people really like shiny packaging.

I would like to phase out my current business over the next few years. I hate strip and wax, fighting hoses, wanding, and residential services. I love walking around for a few hours, with my earbuds in, Cimexing and vacuuming. Life is too short to work yourself to death.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
If encrap is so good then in theory all that pixie dust should just.........vacuum out of a dirty pad?

It doesn't and all it leaves is a residue in the carpet

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Jimmy, it’s not a higher calling. It’s just a business.

20 years from now all of these floors will be torn up and forgotten, is anyone in 2042 going to care if I got every last particle of dirt out?

In 2042 will my kids and grandkids care if I changed the trajectory of my branch on the family tree’s growth with a scaleable and highly profitable business?

I see everyone laughing at the Wheeler Pros. But I watched those videos and thought, I wonder if you could make $100k a year off sending idiots out in minivans with Orbiters and doing $59 specials. Heck I made a hundred dollars on one of todays jobs in 20 minutes encapping an RV with my Orbiter.

Mikey P

Administrator

What city?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom