VERY BEST way

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
A thought I had today about all this.

What is the VERY BEST way to clean a carpet? ie if someone would pay you whatever you asked, and all you had to do was get the carpet as clean as humanly possible, what would be your steps you would take?

To ask it in Dan Kennedy style, what is the No Holds Barred, Kick Butt, No BS, Most Absolute, Unquestionable, Undisputedly BEST way to clean a carpet?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I would clean it the way I do on every job because that's been my philosophy for the last 34 years. But seriously, i would spend two hours vacuuming every last possible speck of dust with my little vacuum cleaner while my White Magic sits in the driveway, it's Roots 56 blower silent. That way I could charge $400 for a $200 job.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Lighter fluid and a match....you don't get more clean than that.

How would you like to pay for this?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just remember Ron that perfectionism is a form of procrastination and the inability to complete a task that results in a percieved criticism or failure.

The only way I would vacuum a 10x12 room for two hours is if the end result is an orgasm.

:shock:

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Art Kelley said:
I would clean it the way I do on every job because that's been my philosophy for the last 34 years. But seriously, i would spend two hours vacuuming every last possible speck of dust with my little vacuum cleaner while my White Magic sits in the driveway, it's Roots 56 blower silent. That way I could charge $400 for a $200 job.

:) <--- Always Vaccums that way
:) <--- Has a video on U tube where :) spends an hour vaccuming 300 Sq Ft

lance

You wouldn't need to vacuum it for two hours if you....pulled it up, flipped it upside down on a metal grid, and used a rug badger on it. Almost all the dirt in the carpet would now be on the floor ready to be swept up.

Vacuum the top of the padding just in case some dirt got pushed thru the backing with foot traffic.

Reinstall the carpet and clean to your usual fantastically high standards to remove the dirt on the carpet. Apply Vernon's solvent protector and groom in. It couldn't be cleaner unless it was brand new.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
skip ahead here.

Removing the carpet isn't really a practical option. I would imagine most would say prevac'ing isn't practical either.

The point is, if there is a best way of getting the carpet as clean as possible, ie prevac, prespray, groom/aggitate, rinse, then anything less than that falls short.

I think its a fruitless argument to say that prevacuuming doesn't make for a better job.
The question becomes, how much work do I want to put into it? What will my busn model be and what will be my target market?
How far off am I willing to go?

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
well ron from the post you put on here i would have to say when you leave a job
is no doubt in your mind that no one could have done it better
your customer base i'm sure is loyal to ya and most will always be.

do it your way
and for that
my hats off to you

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
a compressor, blow gun, a sm soft bristle hand brush, shop vac, mini-electri sprayer or steamer, micro fiber towels, on hands and knees I'd clean one square inch at a time.
Blow/dust/vac/brush each individual fiber to the backing.
The steam/spray thru each bundle into the vac,
Then blow excess moisture off and massage dry every fiber with my microfiber towel....

I'd be the greatest cleaner on the discussion board

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Mr Crabazz said:
a compressor, blow gun, a sm soft bristle hand brush, shop vac, mini-electri sprayer or steamer, micro fiber towels, on hands and knees I'd clean one square inch at a time.
Blow/dust/vac/brush each individual fiber to the backing.
The steam/spray thru each bundle into the vac,
Then blow excess moisture off and massage dry every fiber with my microfiber towel....

I'd be the greatest cleaner on the discussion board

..L.T.A.

Yes you would be the greatest cleaner in the world.. ......

Assuming you are spending 3 mintues an inch and doing 1000 sqft... and cleaning say even 16 hours a day.. it will only take you 1 year, 2 months 21 days 16 hours and 48 minutes to complete.. I hope you charged $1 milliond dollars to clean the carpet!

That would be like cleaning like this

http://www.rugidea.com/ardabil5.html

Cleaning of the Ardabil Carpet
see you in

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
sweendogg said:
it will only take you 1 year, 2 months 21 days 16 hours and 48 minutes to complete..

I think that's how long it takes Ron to vac a 600sf living/dinning rm combo :shock:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
And for a serious answer to your first post and including the secondary limitations of not being able to remove the carpet completely.

And money was no object, and no way to replace with new. Ideally I would Dust top of baseboards and furniture as well as windows and blinds, sanitize and clean all hard surface floors and dry, move all furniture off the carpet after cleaning each piece and then: Pile lift(real pile lifter or crb machine) , vacuum, pretreat, agitate with crb or 175, prespot, rinse like a mad man with an emulsifier, then come back and rinse with an acid, groom, dry with several air paths, protect with protector of choice, groom and dry again, leave a pleasent fragrance, repair any damage to the carpet. Once carpet was completely dry, replace all furniture. Final groom out the door, and take a bow!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
I think Ron only asks questions so that he can tell you THE answer according to Ron. :-)

Now that was just "Fruitless", Ken. :roll:

I'm sure someone will come up with a joke soon on this one.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Gets old reading "questions" from people that seem to be started only for the purpose of them answering it. I would rather they just start it out as a statment rather than hiding their verbosity behind a question.

Ex: I am the greatest and here is how (insert issue here) should be done or your a hack.

At least this type of thing, while in my judgment is conceited and closed minded, would be genuine.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
LOL Greg- as often happens I will probably regret I typed it.

I've got plenty of those posts. :lol:

I seem to come off more of an asshole lately and I can't figure it out.
Must be the stress of the summertime work overload.
Either that or Marty is just rubbing off on me. :mrgreen:

Can't complain.

Bob Foster

Ron is far from boastful. He is however very committed to through cleaning.

It's his way of saying that for many cleaners they should be more thorough in their work.

A lot of people knock prevacing and agitation. Adding these two steps to anyone's cleaning routine will unquestionably raise the overall quality that their customers will notice.

I do prevac, but I personally don't think its worthwhile investing 30% of my time vacuuming any house.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
A lot of people knock prevacing and agitation. Adding these two steps to anyone's cleaning routine will unquestionably raise the overall quality that their customers will notice.

I do prevac, but I personally don't think its worthwhile investing 30% of my time vacuuming any house.
who knocks these things Bob? And you have to give Ken a little leeway he is at the age where menopause kicks in :)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
sweendogg said:
And for a serious answer to your first post and including the secondary limitations of not being able to remove the carpet completely.

And money was no object, and no way to replace with new. Ideally I would Dust top of baseboards and furniture as well as windows and blinds, sanitize and clean all hard surface floors and dry, move all furniture off the carpet after cleaning each piece and then: Pile lift(real pile lifter or crb machine) , vacuum, pretreat, agitate with crb or 175, prespot, rinse like a mad man with an emulsifier, then come back and rinse with an acid, groom, dry with several air paths, protect with protector of choice, groom and dry again, leave a pleasent fragrance, repair any damage to the carpet. Once carpet was completely dry, replace all furniture. Final groom out the door, and take a bow!

Now there sounds like the best way to do it.
Find a good baseline and then work from there.

Ken, I ask the question the way I did because I didn't want my ideas to alter the answer. The only reason I posted "my point" was because no one was giving a straight answer.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Ken Snow said
Greg is the greatest and he knows everything and can teach anyone how things should be done or your a hack.

while in my judgment he is conceited and closed minded, he is genuine. I must also say how friggin handsome he is

Thanks Ken I appreciate that

susansmith

I don't think there is any other way but cleaning with Argosheen. I can't say enough about its cleaning ability.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom